They are closing in!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’ve been S/E all my adult life, I tried to survive in a competitive market, I've had the tax man and once respected banks, draining me ,

i spent years working overtime to try and make ends meet! Now I am in the situation where my creditors are destroying my credit rating, As I am reduced to Token payments, because that is all I can manage,

yet I have been used by these once respected financial dealers, who actually now owe me thousands, from penalty payments, late payments, interest payments, and of course PPI!

Makes you cross doesn’t it! I just want to keep my home.

Why is it not compulsory for banks /lenders to repay all they have unlawfully taken?

Can anyone tell me please?

Ro

Edited by dx100uk
this is the last time i edit one of your post for language - dx

i also have problems with late payments with barclaycard at this moment,

yes their are closing in!

Iaintw is a registered customer services official/profit Protection staff/supermarket worker and who deals with customers

Buying laptops with advice etc

ISP Moderator and chat room helper for chats

Aviationist and train advice

Credit references and bank helper advice

Loss Protection (civil recovery)

time to get reclaiming then

no good moaning - hit back!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Will do dx, drained the funds today, just to get 2 --£10. P/orders! just have to decide which to go for first, will do that over the weekend, and start my own threads, cheers Ro

give us a quick rundown to the debts

and i'll advise which to pick if you like?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks Dx, but what a change from yesterday! mbna have accepted my token payments and frozen interest, hopefull for my other half too, Barclays accepted payment, but not frozen interest as yet, but thanks for your offer, yesterday i felt dreadfull and could not think straight, i just sat looking at the screen while holding P/Orders! however for my peace of mind i will leave the above well alone for the time being, i can afford to pay my mortgage now. and target the unhelpfull ones first, like Ge money, Cap one, Littlewoods, santandere, Abbey, etc. feel much better today, i think i can cope ok now, Thanks to mbna!!! never thought i would say that!regards Ro

Many thanks brokebutnotbeatn, i have thought of that, but the template implies, multiple creditors, the fact is i only have one so far, who has agreed to stop interest charges, so a bit hesitant to imply more that one just yet!Congratulations on your achievements re- Barclays, So encouraging to me to see what can be done. did you start a thread on here you can link me to?they are next on my list, Regards Ro

I wouldn't worry, just saying other creditors have accepted will suffice. Re Barclays it was a few years ago - and took me 18 months. I walked into my local branch and raised a formal complaint with them (the staff were great and raised it on the computer with me looking over their shoulder and agreeing the wording). I had lots of hassle once they upheld my complaint as they wanted to offset the payment against the loan, restructure the loan etc but I held firm. They have to put the loan back to the state it would have been in without the ppi AND you should demand they send you a cheque. I was robbing Peter to pay Paul and as I had a DMP set up I needed that money to help get by day to day! There is alot of waiting opnce you raise a formal complaint - don't expect anything to happen fast. What are your grounds for it being mis-sold?

Thankyou for reply, my grounds are, i was self employed, i had my own insurance in place.and was told because i was S/E, i could not get the loan without thier PPI,i was not told i could apply for PPI elswhere

Excellent. You were told you couldn't get the loan unless you took out their ppi. Clear grounds. Raise a FORMAL COMPLAINT stating this succinctly and get the ball rolling asap. Remember to send recorded anything you put in writing. Remember to chase when they pass a promised date of response too. Incidentally I used to write on their replies - to save me time - and include my replies (and therefore their letters) in all correspondence - to show the paper trail was getting rediculous.

Thanks again for your advice, i have the same problem with other loans .accounts, mortgage etc, we. my wife and i came to expect there would be some problem with us being S/E where any application was concerned, i am relatively new to this situation, The results of banks behaviour have made me ill, and of course many others, Thank goodness i found CAG, i would never have believed that these once arguably respectable firms would be allowed to operate in the way they have, and seemingly get away with it! i am just starting to attack back. and just that fact makes me feel better. What baffles me is that the banks/ money lenders, are not honorable respectable firms, they are loan sharks. yet it is still up to the individual to apply to get monies taken under false pretences, or stolen by deciept.themselves! surely in any other situation These firms having shown thier discracefull behaviour would be ordered to pay back all money taken in this way from thier own customers By law. Regards Ro