status barred bc debt being chased by hfo

Whyme4
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

how do you check that cc are status barred without alerting hfo to this fact as i believe barclaycard e-mail them if there is enquiry regarding this also CRA let them know as well they would not stop interest etc have paid everyone else after 7 long years:jaw:

The CRA does not report to the DCA's, checking for STATUTE Barred status

you need to know the date of the last payment or written acknowledgement of

the debt we often recommend that people contact BC and ask for this information

I've not seen any problems so far.

Best not to listen to rumours.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The CRA does not report to the DCA's, checking for STATUTE Barred status

you need to know the date of the last payment or written acknowledgement of

the debt we often recommend that people contact BC and ask for this information

I've not seen any problems so far.

Best not to listen to rumours.

thank you for your quick reply are you sure I would like to stop all the letters not just from HFO but mucky hall as well I would have paid these but all they just keep doing was adding interest and charges i did pay mbna off it took 7 years i had a cc with them at 3500 and paid them back 4890 i know i should reclaim but not ready yet would like to stop hfo at the moment did post under a different id but realise after reading that i was giving them to much informatiom also worried about a secured loan I had my house repossed in 2000 and there was a shortfall of 950 can they still askmfor this back they are sending me yearly statements with the contents no agrrement applied

thank you

As for mortgage debts the limitation period is 12 years,

but there is a guidance from the mortgage lenders that

they should not pursue after 6 years.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

As for mortgage debts the limitation period is 12 years,

but there is a guidance from the mortgage lenders that

they should not pursue after 6 years.

Hi is this for a 2nd loan on the mortgage they were the ones that when for repossion not the 1st mortagees that were paid on time every time it was the second loan i could not afford. Also do i send a SAR is that right?? to barclay card or ring both debt are with them. Sorry for sounding thick thank you:smile:

if muckyhall have this then it is prob statute barred

Muckyhall are like those little sucker fish at the bottom of the fish tank sucking up lifes scraps.

As stated they tend to go for debts that are either difficult to collect due to problems with the account or are already or very soon statute barred.

S.

• Confused 1

Send SAR to them.

Never be sorry for asking.

Brig.

Thank you I wil send a SAR Thank you to every body else for their quick replys I have spend so much time being scared of these people and would like to sort it once and for all. CAG is a life saver and I hope i can get it al sorted would like not to hide from the mail man any more lol. Will update when I get the information about what to do next. Also should I ignore the letters about the outstanding monies owed on the shortfall?? thank you:smile:

type in hfo in the advanced search

there are many threads detailing a phone number and a person to contact

they will tell you when you last acked the debt

might be an idea to read some of the hfo/bc threads too

you need to play this carefully

i have also added to the thread title so the hfo crew will see this and advise

i'd make new threads for the other debts too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Ring Barclaycard recoveries 0844 556 0066. Ask them for the date of last payment, also exactly when they sold this and the exact name of the company sold to. I have not known them contact HFO but what the hell? You are entitled to this info and Barclaycard no longer own this.

I appreciate that you want to settle this but get all the information first.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there seems to be a lot of interest re:HFO would just like to add my support I have reported them OFT and have received a reply asking can they use my information etc I was really scared at first re let sleeping dogs lie but you cannot hide forever I would like to ask anyone who has dealt with HFO to report them if I can do it so can you ,never been so scared in my life but I cannnot let them carry on and hurt people. If they get their licence back dont Moan you could have stopped them. REPORT THEM and FIGHT BACK.

Every second post on here is due to HFO at the minute, they are obviously cautious of the fact they may go to the wall!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi there seems to be a lot of interest re:HFO would just like to add my support I have reported them OFT and have received a reply asking can they use my information etc I was really scared at first re let sleeping dogs lie but you cannot hide forever I would like to ask anyone who has dealt with HFO to report them if I can do it so can you ,never been so scared in my life but I cannnot let them carry on and hurt people. If they get their licence back dont Moan you could have stopped them. REPORT THEM and FIGHT BACK.

Hear! Hear!

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate