dirty aircraft,ripped/broken seats

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am going to florida with my family on 4/11/06.we are travelling with travelcity direct.who use excel airways jumbo jets.a friend of mine has just returned from florida and they went with the same company.my friend and apparently many more passengers are writing to travelcity to complain about,dirty planes,ripped seats,broken seats(my friends husband sat on a broken seat going and same seat coming back still broken 2 weeks later.it was reported broken going and coming back and the stewards said they would put a note in the maitenance book) and extremely poor food.we and my friend have travelled with this company before many times when they used air atlanta and things were fine.i have written to travelcity expressing my concerns about the coming journey.does anyone have any suggestions?

Travel city Direct is owned by an Icelandic company called Avion. Avion also own Excel Airways but as Excel do not operate the 747 jumbo you will be traveling on an Air Atlanta Icelandic aircraft.

Excel tend to be one of the better charter airlines. However, some of their flights are operated by Air Atlanta which is where problems arise.

I have delt with these airlines in my previous job and only found Air Atlanta to have problems. The jumbos they use are the -300's which are getting a bit long in the tooth these days.

However, and I don't mean for any disrespect, you get what you pay for.