• Tweets

• quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
    • Hungary is attempting to be a world power in manufacturing electric vehicle batteries, despite locals' reservations.View the full article
    • You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though. A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees. https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloyds Iqor advice needed

Quell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am new to this....

Bankground info

I had a joint lloyds business account with my ex partner, who up and left resigned from the bank and Ltd Co in March 2010

There was a overdraft and CC which we had to sign joint and several guareentees on. Which were reviewed each June. The last review attended was June 2009 where we both signed the Joint and several.

OD - 10K

CC - 5K

Following the resignation I contacted LLoyds and a meeting was arranged which was cancelled by my business manager. I then had my OD facility withdrawn and excess borrowing fees adding to the account.

Attempts where made to contact Business manager which all failed to advise that due to my ill health the company was being closed. I then received a letter stating that the OD had been approved untill June 2011, and request both parties signand return the joint and serveral aggreement. Which I never signed or returned.

I then finally spoke with an accounts manager and advised that the company by then had closed and I had no funds available to clear the amount owing on the account (10K) he informed me that my business manger no longer worked for LLoyds!!! And had no record or letter on file that my ex partner had resigned.

In the last 12 moths I have had demands from Lloyds, Moorcroft. Then Westcot who i did telephone and ask for proof that I signed for the OD and CC facility. They sent a letter back in June saying that a door step collector would call.

The next letter I received was 2 weeks ago from Iqor which states they are planning to send a doorstep collector.

I know this has been a long drawn out thread but is there anyone that could advise me please.

Am I still responsible for the Company Debt if I never signed the OD or CC paperwork?

Regards

Quell

Hi Howler

thank you for your reply, I do hope so as I have no idea on these matters never been in this situation before and never want to again, just want it sorted.

Regards

Q

simple ans is no i think, it was a ltd co?

have a look in the business forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

I'm not sure that this is as simple as it may first seem and the OP may need to do some more investigating.

The lending facilities were offered to the company on a condition that a J&S director's guarantee was signed. This means that the directors would have been liable in the event of the failure of the company to meet its obligations.

Now, it appears that these facilities were up for review on an annual basis and all was going fine until one of the directors resigned etc. At that point the bank would still have been "safe" as they had the other director to go for.

Now, this meeting for renewal was arranged then cancelled and never took place with the "manager" responsible leaving the bank. The bank then decided in the absence of a meeting and in the absence of renewal signatures to continue the facilities but at that time to send the paperwork out to invite the signatures n a J&S guarantee. This document was never signed.

So to me it depends on the wording of the J&S. If the J&S is not time bound i.e. to be effective for 1 year then it is an ongoing J&S guarantee and those who signed can still be liable. In my opinion this would include the director who has left. This then begs another question...when the outgoing director left, was their a written document which absolved him/her of all rights and responsibilities (including financial commitments) in regard to the company?

If the J&S is time bound, i.e. it states specifically that it expires on a specific date then it would seem to me that at that expiry date the directors are relieved of their guarantee. On that basis it may be that the directors are not liable for any future facilities if the bank afford such facilities without getting a guarantee signed first.

I think a detailed look at the paperwork is required here to establish what the wording of various documents is.

IMHO of course

Regards

ims

Hi ims

Thank you for reply,

what paper work would be helpful? Unfortunately I know very little about these matters as my ex partner dealt with everything, but have been left to sort out affairs!!

Regards

Quell

Hi Quell

I think you ought to be looking closely at the J&S documents that have been signed in the past to see what the actual wording is.

In addition I think you ought to dig out any paperwork that was drawn up on the event of the director leaving and see what was on that. (This assumes that some paperwork was drawn up).

Regards

ims

Hi forgot to add,

my ex told me that she handed the resignation letter to the business manager 'that has since left', she states she has a copy of this with the banks official stamp on. I have not seen this, and according to the manager that took over the Co account there is no letter on file, but saying that there is no record of a meeting both directors had with the said business manager.

Any help no matter how little is very much appreciated.

Regards

Quell

Its a trick one.

Do you not have any of the company paperwork, bank correspondence etc?

Is your relationship with your ex good enough to ask for a copy of that resignation letter?

Regards

ims

Hi ims

I do have some paper work which I have been looking at.

I am unfamiliar with legalities but it does look as if the OD was on a yearly review and the guarantee was signed by both parties for a total sum.

But surely if a director resigns then that guarantee is void and the remaining director would have to take out the guarantee on their own. Which as explained I tried but could not reach my business manager and it wasn't until about a month after the Co was closed that finally someone from Lloyds spoke to me.

Regards ex I have asked for a copy but never received it!! communication has now broken down

Not sure which way to turn now as I have no assets, the property was sold which just covered the outstanding mortgage, I am in rented accommodation.

Regards

Quell

Hi ims

I do have some paper work which I have been looking at.

I am unfamiliar with legalities but it does look as if the OD was on a yearly review and the guarantee was signed by both parties for a total sum.

Agreed, the directors would have signed for an amount...it could have been specified or could be open, subject to a limit.

But surely if a director resigns then that guarantee is void and the remaining director would have to take out the guarantee on their own.Not necessarily. With a Joint and Several it is likely that the remaining director could remain liable on their own. This is why I asked what paperwork was drawn up on the resignation of the outgoing director. Which as explained I tried but could not reach my business manager and it wasn't until about a month after the Co was closed that finally someone from Lloyds spoke to me.

Regards ex I have asked for a copy but never received it!! communication has now broken down

Not sure which way to turn now as I have no assets, the property was sold which just covered the outstanding mortgage, I am in rented accommodation.

Regards

Quell

I am going to ask around for some more input on this because, as I said, its a tricky one. At the moment I thinking that it may be necessary to seek some professional advice but hang on and I'll see if I can drum up some more input.

Regards

ims

Might be worth sending a pm with a link to this thread to either donkeyB or vjohn82.. if I think of anyone else, I will post up.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Oh right.. go to the very top of the page and you will see "notifications".. click on that and a new page will open up.

You will see to the left.. "send new message" that will open up a pm box from which you can sent messages to caggers.

If you are struggling.. just yell and I will send the S.O.S. for you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

S.O.S. sent for you :)

BCOBS

Hi thank you for reply.

I dont know wre to start, it seems such a mess, and I know I am in a blind panic. I do hope you can point me in the right direction!

The Company was Ltd and I was a director.

I did post a thread regarding this - Lloyds - Iqor which gives much of the info, if you require I can copy this onto this thread.

There are 3 debts

Lloyds Business Account

MBNA CC which is in default

EGG CC which I have received solicitor lettter

Any advice would be most welome

Regards

Q

Hi that might prove difficult as firstly I haven't a clue what this is and secondly, according to Lloyds they say they have not record of my ex partner resigning although she stated that she had a copy of her resignation stamped when she took it to Lloyds Branch.

Regards

Q

Hi that might prove difficult as firstly I haven't a clue what this is and secondly, according to Lloyds they say they have not record of my ex partner resigning although she stated that she had a copy of her resignation stamped when she took it to Lloyds Branch.

Regards

Q

You were a director; why don't you know what the Articles are? Go to Companies House, find your company, go to the "order information" screen and buy the file that says "Articles of Association & Memorandum". It'll cost you £1.

We really need to see what liabilities the directors have before advising. At this point I would also advise finding a company lawyer of some kind if you genuinely dispute responsibility. This is a site generally for consumer issues. Business transactions like this involves lots of complex law and the Companies Act 2006 is an immense document to get through. That's not to say we can't help, but if you don't know what the Articles are you might struggle grasping some of the technical points on here.

Thank you for your time, Yes I was a director but basically that was all it was, I had no dealings with any issues of the Company my ex tool control and it wasn't until she resigned that I have had to try and pick up the pieces.

The company is now disolved but I will look on companies house site.

Regards

Q