Cabot & Barclays Help much appreciated!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have recieved a letter from Cabot financial (lucky old me!) stating that they have now purchased an aco**** i held with barclays bank (its an overdraft totalling £1600). I haven't paid into this account for almost 4 years and as most of the amount owed is made up of bank charges I had forgotten it existed. Attached to the letter from Cabot is a letter confirming (from Barclays) that the account has been sold and any further enquiries should be addressed directly to Cabot.

Cabot have now started calling my home (dont know where they had that number from as I'm ex directory) and my mobile several times a day, is there anything I can do at all? Any letter I can send them to stop them - I am disabled and am so stressed with it all I dont quite know where to turn :-(

Kind Regards

Maudy xx

Maudy Hi. Cabot can be a pain,however there is a template letter in the site file regarding Harrasment.When they phone refuse their security questions and state in writing only,put the phone down.

Did Barclays send you a Default letter prior to selling the account to Cabot? Also the Assignment Letters from both Barclays and Cabot are they dated?

Regards FS

Hi

Thank you for your reply :-)

I honestly cant remember if they sent a default - so much has happened since.

Both the Barclays & Cabot letter are dated 31st May 2011

Many Thanks

Maudy xx

Telephone harassment letter is here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

However, once they have received that they will then expect you to open up some sort of correspondence with them, ie letters.

You can contact your phone & network provider and go through their malicious calls procedure, being ex directory only means your number doesn't appear in the phone book, when you ring up companies etc your number will automatically be released to them. However if your numbers are of no real concern then you can get them both changed and tell your phone provider to permanently withhold your number so that it isn't given out unless you decide you want to release it by dialling 1470 prior to the number you are calling.

Don't let them stress you out, think of it as more of a game, most of their letters are simply them willy waving, and they only want you to ring them because then they can tell you all sorts of rubbish, and threaten and intimidate you with all sorts of things, stuff they will never commit in writing because they know they will fall foul of the law if they did!

There's a few of us on here who are disabled, and I for one am often left very upset due to the lack of their threat letters demanding I sell my kidneys to pay them their sad sorry money, Debt Collectors (DCA's) are NOT bailiffs, NOR do they have ANY legal rights, all they can do is state untruths, threaten and intimidate the uneducated, once you get the gist of what it is these fools really are, then you will relish your fight with them. They don't like it up em y'know!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

They will very likely respond to your harassment letter saying that section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 has been amended and does not apply in your circumstances BUT they will temporarily remove your number from their system as long as you communicate with them. This is what they did to me. I also sent them a prove it letter (templete in library) which meant that they had to go back to the OC for more information which also puts the ball back in their court and keeps them off your back.

if you can afford it, it might be worth sending Barclays a Subject Acces Request costs £10. This means that they have to send you all the information they have on you during your time dealing with them and you will be able to see from your statements what charges have been added.

Get onto your phone provider (BT?) and go through their malicious calls procedure, if you need to change your number so be it, this will add weight to your argument of their harassment, have you sent them the letter telling them to foxtrot oscar phoning you?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!