Clamped by Park Direct at Lady Margrate Road, Greenford

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4708 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

I visited one of my friend at Lady margaret Road, Greenford on 20th May 2011.

I had visito rparking permit displayed on the windscreen but it was not clearly visible.

Park direct guys came and clamped my car.

Once i came out of the house, i was shocked to see it clamped.

They were about to take it away but i came and requested them to release.

The Park direct guy charged me £375 for illegally parking it on this road.

I showed him the visitor permit which he agreed but insisted me to pay the fine which i can claim later on appeal.

The guy took pictures of my car while the windoscreen showing the visitor permit in front of me and three other people and assured me that once I pay the fine to him

and he will let his office know and they will refund me the money.

So I listened to him and i paid him all money in full.

later on once i appealed, they have reject my appeal.

So i am very upset and disappointed and seek your guidance and help on this matter

and please guide me on what can be done to get my money back from park direct.

I will really appreciate your help.best

regards

Basharat

They were never going to allow your "appeal" and any suggestion by the clamper that they would was only done to make it as easy as possible for them to part you from your money.

Your only solution now is to send a "Letter Before Action" to both the clamping company and the landowner demanding a refund or you will progress to court action after 7 days. I doubt either of them will respond so you then wil need to submit a court claim naming the clamper and landowner as joint defendants.

When you win the clamper will completely ignore the judgement anyway, but having the landowner listed as welll will make it far easier to get your money back off them.

if you paid by a visa card and its within 120 days

do a chargeback.

they had no legal right to clamp you in the first place

bout time this gov't banned these cowboys.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How in hell did they come up with a figure of £375? That's way beyond a "reasonable fee" as defined in Vine vs Waltham Forest. I'll bet a pound to a pinch of s**t that they've added on a charge for a tow truck that they've apparently called as well. More illegal charges.

They will never refund your money. Remember you are dealing with bottom feeders and parasites, not reasonable people.

Do exactly what crem said, write a letter and send it to both the clamping company and the land owner. Mark it as "notice of intended legal action", state that you had a valid visitors permit and can provide picture proof. You showed it to the clamper but he still refused to remove the clamp without payment which is extortion, plain and simple. Give them 7 days to respond before filing a county court claim online against both the clampers AND the land owners. We can help you through this if necessary, it's dead easy and doesn't take very long.

I would be interested in whether ANY CAG member has actually goit money back from a landowner this way. I think there is more chance of me getting a BJ from Cameron Diaz whilst she is naked jelly wrestling with Fatima Whitbread and Joe Brand than there is of you getting a penny.

Personally I would love to know too. We can only give the advice, it's up to the OP whether to take it or not.

If I was in the position of being illegally clamped on private land and forced to pay a massively inflated fee to get my property back, I would pursue it through the courts without hesitation. It's better than just sitting back pining over the lost money.