Mortgage arrears barclays

Joanne1989
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you would be uncomfortable with it, then you shouldn't do it - but I can't tell you what to do. All I can say is that there is nothing that the field agent can do that you have not already done - you have completed a budget sheet and made payment in line with your proposal. Remember they will charge you for meeting with him - anything between £90 & £100.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just rang him he said he can't see why they won't accept that arrangement and that hes seen people a lot worse off. He said if I wanted to meet him he would do another income and expenditure and tell him what happened. He said he will leave it with me to contact him. He said it could be in a neutral location as i don't want kids to see and also I have already been charged £84. They instructed him 4th october so look like they're not playing games anymore :(

He's quite right when he says he can't understand them not agreeing to your proposal - as I said before it is a very good offer of payment towards the arrears, I've no doubt that a judge might think it too much if you have children to support.

There's no need to do another income and expenditure with him - you've already done one and sent it to the lende so another one isn't going to change the figures is it - as for already charging you £84 you need to write to them stating you will not be paying that as you did not agree to meeting him and they didn't ask you first !

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

No problem :) I know you are scared by all this as you have never experienced it before, but honestly you are in a good position - much better than a lot of people I deal with. I know I must sound a bit short sometimes but I'm just trying to put things as simply as I can so you don't get too stressed.

Just try to stay positive - there is no way you will lose your home - even the field agent thought your payment proposal was good didn't he ?

Send the letter we did today with the copy of your previous letter and budget sheet and don't talk to them on the phone - I'd rather you posted on here a hundred times if it means you don't phone them lol

Thank u been poorly last few days however letters prepared with all copies ready to send. I am just so worried about it all and can't help but think what if they don't come to some agreement with me. Thank u again

Sorry to hear you've been poorly, hope you're feeling better. I understand how worrying this situation is for you but you really aren't in any dnger of losing your home.

You're not in any danger at the moment, just sit tight and wait to see if they reply to the letter you sent today. Look on it as no news is good news :)

No I don't mean that at all. I'm trying my best to explain to you how far away you are from losing your home, but as you are so stressed about the situation I don't think you are taking it in. Please re-read the post where I listed what would need to happen for you to lose your home - you will see you are nowhere near that stage - you haven't even had a legal letter yet, never mind a court claim.

I do understand you are very worried about the situation and I will help all I can, but there is really nothing we can do at the moment until you hear fron the lender.

Joanne1989 please read what Ell-enn has posted previously, she has helped hundreds of people in worse situations than yours and she really does know what she's talking about.

I know things are extremely stressful for you at the minute but please try not to dwell on what might happen, you are a very very long way off from the worse case scenario you are imagining. ;)

you REALLY need to hit back here.......

those charges they have levied can easily be reclaimed & the interrest they have levied on them too.

if you want, we can get someone onboard here to do you a spreadsheet & letter to fire off.

they are DEF unlawful.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Joanne, I can only endorse everything Ell-enn has said. You are getting the best advice and if you do everything she says, you won't get to the worst case scenario. The only other advice I can give you is to start being strong. You are in control, not the lender. Yes they might threaten legal action etc, but you have more power in this process than you realise! You are doing everything right. Stop stressing, deal with letters as you get them calmly, don't panic! I know its hard but try to keep emotions out of it and deal with it pragmatically. The more you try to do this, the better you will feel!

I used to work for a lender, I know how this works and believe me you are a very very very long way away from losing your home. Stay strong!

Hi Joanne, glad to hear you are feeling a bit more reassured :) Make your next payment same as last month and hopefully they will accept your payment arrangement.

How long have you worked there ?

OK, so you should qualify for a redundancy payment - has your employer indicated how much you will be paid ?

Use this link and fill in your details - it will calculate what you are due. http://www.direct.gov.uk/redundancy.dsb

You will also be due 4 weeks notice pay.