Curry's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm asking this on behalf of my dad. He recently purchased a new fridge and washer for my brother (who has autism, he lives independently) which he got on credit, they gave him a Santander curry's card, of which they added just over £300 pound of credit charges!! Anyway, he decided to pay off the price of the fridge and washer and was told that this would clear the balance as he had paid early, and they would hear no more from them. Fast forward to 2 weeks later and my dad got a letter this morning saying he had missed paying the first instalment of £12.37 of the remaining £300 and this would affect his credit etc etc.

Dad has tried to ring them to get it sorted but he struggles as he is very hard of hearing, my mum is currently in hospital having had a major op so he doesn't want her worrying. What should he do? Would they deal with me?

Many thanks

D x

Hi

Yes you can act for him. I would get a letter of authority from your dad to act on his behalf and get him to sign it. Keep copies and send one with every letter you send. Do not deal with this by phone.

£300 charges? What are they?

If these are credit card penalty charges (as I suspect) they are fully reclaimable however if he doesn't pay while the dispute is being resolved, it is likely the card provider will place late payment markers/default on his credit file

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for that Silverfox. I just spoke to my dad, he rang the number on the letter which put him through to an automated line, this stated that the amount outstanding on his account is £0?? My dad then got through to an asian man, and when he questioned the payments, and stated that he was told the account was clear, the man said he couldn't tell my dad anything and that he should put it in writing. My dad asked if the man could tell him what was going on, he said 'No'. Something smells fishy here to me. I have told my dad to go into Santander in our local branch and get some advice. I intend to go with him and help him sort it. Is there anything we should be asking when we go?

I would take that letter with him and demand what they are playing at. Upsetting a person with frivolous claims.

I would take a mobile phone in with you and if has a record function, to record what is said

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

make sure they dont get fleeced for any charges

pers i'd dump that card

they are a menace on int rates

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Companies have rules on recordings which is why when you phone up some, it comes with the statement, "We may record.......". You, as an individual have no such rules to follow so long as you use the recording for your personal use and not transmit it. You can make a transcription of the recording but to use the actual recording, you need the permission of the person(s) recorded

If the OP was to go into Santander, told them that they wanted to record what was said and the staff refused to go any further it says quite a lot.