Help needed been sacked while on the sick

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Micky you really need to speak to a solicitor... very complicated issues raised here especially the sacking matter which may or may not be out of time as per the above advice from Caggers. You will need to persuade them that you believed you were still employed, that you let them know of your new address so proper communication was ignored and they proceeded without your knowledge. If you have no union and no legal protection insurance then you would need to do any ET proceedings yourself (perhaps with cag advice) or get a no win no fee lawyer... which may prove difficult.

Your learning curve would need to be very steep for you to do this your self and might prove too difficult, it is all about getting the information and using it Are you up for this or not? You need to be honest with yourself as to how you are going to manage it.

Hi,firstly i wished to thank you so much for your input,others as well but you have kept with me,so extra thank you.

Spoken with 4 solicitors , 2 not worth doing it no win no fee ,as its might be only 55% in my favour,1 said its possible to do yourself with some help from a solicitor and 1 to get back to me.

Have got appointment with the c.a.b on thursday.

Phone old company to speak with them as solicitor said so as time is short,not sure what to say,as no suprize to me hes in a meeting this is what we were told to say to any worker wanted to see some one in management,i had a spell as a forman

Up for it many many times in the last 10 years i have wanted to give up !!!!!!!!!!! them 10 years i have lost a partner,her father,my father,3 uncles,1 aunt,been mugged,been left with 20,0000 of debt,lost my home,homeless,battled with benefits,my health and lost my job,just a few things off the top of my head

Hello again jtors. As I've tried to explain before, no company is likely to offer you insurance cover for a problem that you already have, sickness or a legal problem.

I'm really sorry, that just isn't how it works. You take out insurance 'in case' you have a problem.

If you took out cover today, say, I think you would find that they won't pay out for sickness or legal problems that you have as at today.

As I said on your other thread, I'm happy to be proved wrong, but in all the years I and my friends have had dealings with insurance, I've never seen a policy that offers to pay for a problem that has already happened. I'm sorry.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi people,hope things are good with you all,Im hoping someone can help or advise me. Iv been off sick since jan 2008 and disabled,a week ago i wrote to my firm asking for the back dating of my holiday pay,following the change in the law people on long term sick may do this. i had a letter back from then saying they had sacked me for gross misconduct due to unauthorised absence on the 4th jan ,also enclosed were letters dated 13/9/2010, 22/11/2010, 10/12/2010 and 4th jan 2011 all of which i have never seen,they say iv not contacted them since 2008,but iv have in 2009 with copy of doctors letter,stating how my health was. Also in 2010 again about my health and now being disabled. Surley they have to allow me my say ? Sent one or all letters recorded due to the fact they were looking to sack me, i know its sunday folks , i hope you all had a good weekend sofar,but could do with a reply soon as im going to phone around tomorrow to see whats what as im not sure if theres any time limts on what i can do,regards to you all

Hi,folks,bit of an update,spoke with someone at my (old ?) place of work,its seems they knew nothing of my health,not got any off my letters .

Explained my long term health to him and he said there are no jobs i could do and he cant turn back time whats done is done,r.e dismissed

After that sent letter regarding what was said in our phone call.

Another appealing the dismissal,i khow out of time but they done things by the book so should i,i.e appeal.

Thrid letter stating i will go to the small claim court r.e un paid holiday pay.

Saw c.a.b they gave me a number of a solicitor,rang him said letters seem ok,just let him know when/if they reply

Hope everyone good and enjoying the sun