Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I quite agree when I withdraw my consent at my introduction meeting which the [pejorative word removed] didn't like I was then parked. It's now been 13 months and have only had four meetings with the [pejorative word removed] (touch wood) and that includes the introduction. And I'm loving it. I've done more in these 13 months even found myself a temporary job if it was only for 3 months trying to get myself in to a training courses to improve my skills as the training with welfare to work [pejorative word removed] offered were next to useless as so I suggest to everyone to withdraw your consent, as it's well worth doing

Edited by honeybee13

I withdrawn consent 6 months in to my job start, I did t want to in a way but I had to, I could of done with the so called support, what really bothered me was the manger didnt even acknowledge it with a reply, how do managers act on this situation or similar? Probably would of asked my old adviser if he had problems with me for me to do this

It seems A4E in Liverpool won the euromillions in their syndicate of 10, and none of them showed up for work, this is affect anyone? lol

I can't post the link unfortunately but it's an easy google search.

sorry for OT

It seems A4E in Liverpool won the euromillions in their syndicate of 10

The "syndicate" was actually eleven, but one of them was taking a sick day when the stake was being collected. As a result, she was refused a share of the £28m jackpot... My message to her - Well now you know what it is like being screwed by a bunch of Emma's Harpies.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Finished my 2 years with WP. had my interview with JC advisor today. i thought that i went back to ingeus in 3 months but it seems that isn`t the case. she said its just 2 years and then no more. i have to go back to advisor on thursday. don`t know if that will be a regular thing or not. she did say she expects me to do 5 hrs a day job search and to apply for every job available even ones requiring experience which i know companies hate because it wastes their time having to look at cv`s of people who ain`t suitable. if they complain then i`ll just give them my advisors number.

Finished my 2 years with WP. had my interview with JC advisor today. i thought that i went back to ingeus in 3 months but it seems that isn`t the case. she said its just 2 years and then no more. i have to go back to advisor on thursday. don`t know if that will be a regular thing or not. she did say she expects me to do 5 hrs a day job search and to apply for every job available even ones requiring experience which i know companies hate because it wastes their time having to look at cv`s of people who ain`t suitable. if they complain then i`ll just give them my advisors number.

Take a look at this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?397047-sanctioned%281-Viewing%29-nbsp

Mixed messages from JCP? On the one hand apply for everything, but if you apply for a job you're under qualified for it's a sanction.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

i've been with ingeus for the last year and just been given a new adviser .the women i had before was really nice she understood i am a single dad bringing up my 2 young kids on my own and it was hard to find a job that fitted around them but she really did try to find me work .anyways i got this new adviser who from the get go who has been nothing more than a little Hitler. my first interview with him he stuck me in a tiny room with a phone and pretty much forced me to call the tax office to see if i qualified for childcare cost .after 45 mins on the phone and getting told the same thing as i told him witch was yes i do qualify he then sat there and decided he had a job for me so i was like "ok put me trough for it " he was really smug i would get a interview and then said to me that will give me tokens for asda for interview clothes to witch i was told "that's if you can find anything to fit you "with one of them looks..and i didnt get a call back for the job:-( .... anyways fast forward 2 weeks he pretty much tell me there is nothing out there job wise for me and then has a go at me because i cant work weekends because of the kids .so then he comes up with a great plan. he tells me to go self employed and declare to the tax office that im earning £10 a week for working 16 hours .that way i get full housing benefit,full child tax credit,full working tax credit .full child benefit all i have have to do is buy a log book and receipt book and lie trough my teeth saying its taken me sixteen hours to clean a house strum up business for 10 pound a week and get someone to put ten pound in my account just so bank statements show money going in and have fake receipts made to prove it.. that way i get to sign off and don't have to work. he gets paid for getting me to work (his words not mine ) and everyone's happy ..so i leave.. first thing i do is call the tax office .but because im in receipt of benefits he can only advice me if i was talking proper tax not benefits .any way i tell him about this guys plan the tax man said it sounds dodgy but tells me to call working tax credits and ask them. so i get put through to them. i then tell the next person my work advisers plan and she chuckled and said "not likely" we went trough the numbers on how much i would receive if i did it this way etc and low and behold he was telling the truth .i would receive full benefits but what he failed to mention i would most likely be investigated by the inland revenue for tax fraud if im still claiming that at the end of the next tax year. id earn 10 pound a week (£520 a year) only cleaning one house. i'm most likely fiddling in their eyes and all hell would break loose. anyway ive gotta go back in 2 weeks and explain to him why i cant do what he asked and most likely he will threaten to sanction me again and roll his eyes at me AGAIN but i would rather sit there with a little hitler who threatens me than have the tax office who much greater clout than some poxy company .thanks for reading sorry about the length and grammar etc i really needed to get this off my chest ..

andyjay: At your next meeting, inform Mr Addled Hither that HMRC were very interested in the tape of the previous conversation and that he should expect to receive a visit from the fraud investigation team at some point (it matters not that you actually made a tape, but it will make him squirm).

In future, I would certainly recommend recording all interactions with these so called "advisers", if only to support an appeal if they attempt to impose a sanction. Also comes in handy to back up claims of wrong doing, fraud, or any other dubious activity.. Oh, and snide comments about weight comes under the heading of psychological abuse, and depending on context, could lead to a criminal prosecution.

i got an interview on monday for full time cleaning operative job. only applied this morning. they were wanting experienced cleaners but i put in the cover letter that i know i don`t have experience but im willing to learn.

i've been with ingeus for the last year and just been given a new adviser .the women i had before was really nice she understood i am a single dad bringing up my 2 young kids on my own and it was hard to find a job that fitted around them but she really did try to find me work .anyways i got this new adviser who from the get go who has been nothing more than a little Hitler. my first interview with him he stuck me in a tiny room with a phone and pretty much forced me to call the tax office to see if i qualified for childcare cost .after 45 mins on the phone and getting told the same thing as i told him witch was yes i do qualify he then sat there and decided he had a job for me so i was like "ok put me trough for it " he was really smug i would get a interview and then said to me that will give me tokens for asda for interview clothes to witch i was told "that's if you can find anything to fit you "with one of them looks..and i didnt get a call back for the job:-( .... anyways fast forward 2 weeks he pretty much tell me there is nothing out there job wise for me and then has a go at me because i cant work weekends because of the kids .so then he comes up with a great plan. he tells me to go self employed and declare to the tax office that im earning £10 a week for working 16 hours .that way i get full housing benefit,full child tax credit,full working tax credit .full child benefit all i have have to do is buy a log book and receipt book and lie trough my teeth saying its taken me sixteen hours to clean a house strum up business for 10 pound a week and get someone to put ten pound in my account just so bank statements show money going in and have fake receipts made to prove it.. that way i get to sign off and don't have to work. he gets paid for getting me to work (his words not mine ) and everyone's happy ..so i leave.. first thing i do is call the tax office .but because im in receipt of benefits he can only advice me if i was talking proper tax not benefits .any way i tell him about this guys plan the tax man said it sounds dodgy but tells me to call working tax credits and ask them. so i get put through to them. i then tell the next person my work advisers plan and she chuckled and said "not likely" we went trough the numbers on how much i would receive if i did it this way etc and low and behold he was telling the truth .i would receive full benefits but what he failed to mention i would most likely be investigated by the inland revenue for tax fraud if im still claiming that at the end of the next tax year. id earn 10 pound a week (£520 a year) only cleaning one house. i'm most likely fiddling in their eyes and all hell would break loose. anyway ive gotta go back in 2 weeks and explain to him why i cant do what he asked and most likely he will threaten to sanction me again and roll his eyes at me AGAIN but i would rather sit there with a little hitler who threatens me than have the tax office who much greater clout than some poxy company .thanks for reading sorry about the length and grammar etc i really needed to get this off my chest ..

Rather than wait for the next meeting... simply send an email to the company, addressed to the Regional Manager, thanking the W2W Clerk (naming them) for suggesting that a candidate on the Work Programme should be creative in how, after registering a business, they should contrive to make their hours up in order to exceed a certain number of hours per week and thence claim Working Tax Credit.

The approach is well known and covered by (from recollection) a Five Live Report during Feb 2013

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21260331

Work advisers 'pushing jobless into self-employment'

By Hannah Barnes

5 live Investigates

The Work Programme pays companies for every person they help into sustained employment

Some people on the government's welfare-to-work scheme are being inappropriately pushed towards self-employment, the BBC has learned.

It found they were being encouraged off unemployment benefit, so they can claim more money from working tax credits.

The work programme pays companies for helping people into sustained employment - including self-employment.

The body which represents providers said there is "no incentive" to push people into unsuitable work.

"It is only right that work programme advisers help jobseekers explore all possible avenues for work and for some self-employment is a really good option," said the Employment Related Services Association's chief executive Kirsty McHugh said.

But BBC's 5 live Investigates has spoken to clients of six different providers across Britain, who said that they were encouraged to either pretend to be working for themselves or to set up businesses they did not consider viable.

Among them was Joanna, who has been out of work for several years and was encouraged to set up her own gardening business.

As a single parent she would need to do 16 hours per week in order to be eligible for the credits, but her adviser hinted that the rules can be stretched.

"It was suggested to me that in the winter - when I have a down season and I would probably have no hours work a week - that I could invent the whole 16 hours a week, which I think is totally unacceptable.

"I think that they are probably quite desperate to get people into work and off jobseeker's allowance in order that they get paid."

Paid by results

Work programme providers - which are largely private companies - are paid by results.

For every person sent to them by Jobcentre Plus, they receive a small attachment fee, but they can receive another, much larger, payment if someone finds a job and stays in it for six months.

Under the scheme, self-employment is treated in the same way as a regular nine-to-five position.

But Sue Royston of the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) said that people should not be pushed into working for themselves.

She said: "If the provider has not investigated whether or not there is a realistic prospect of self-employment working out for a client, this is wrong."

In December, Prof Roy Sainsbury of York University told MPs on the Work and Pensions Select Committee that self-employment was a potential weakness in the work programme structure.

"You could stay there [in self-employment] for a while - even six months or a year - before anyone really takes much interest in you from the tax credit perspective. I am beginning to feel that there is an easy route here for work programme providers to channel people into self-employment."

Some work programme clients have been told incorrectly by advisers that they could claim more in benefits by transferring to tax credits.

Household chores

But for some people that is the case.

One such work programme client, Anne, who is 34 and has been out of work since 2005, told 5 live Investigates that she has been pressurised to declare herself self-employed, even though she did not have any viable business ideas.

She would be better off, it was claimed, because although she would have to sign off employment and support allowance, she could claim working tax credits instead.

Anne's adviser said that her weekly benefit take-home pay would increase from £264 to £284 as a result of going on working tax credits, and to £304 if she managed to work a few hours each week.

He told her she could try selling items on eBay or Gumtree, working for Avon, or setting up a business doing household chores like ironing.

Work programme in numbers

Official figures released for June 2011-July 2012 show:

One in four people in the work programme have been helped into a job

But of the 878,000 people who joined the programme only 31,000 found a job for six months or more

The government target was 5.5%, but only 3.53% of people found a job for six months or more

People remain on the scheme for up to two years

"He told me I could earn say £20 a week, so obviously that wouldn't be a lot of hours, but I'd be able to claim 30 hours a week working tax credit - which to me seems quite fraudulent," Anne says.

None of the clients the BBC spoke to was told of the risks of pretending to be self-employed.

But CAB's Sue Royston warned: "Someone could have been receiving working tax credits for a year and at the end of the year the tax credit office could turn round and say that they were not realistically working in the expectation of earning - you owe us thousands of pounds."

The Employment Related Services Association does not agree that it has been putting people under undue pressure.

Chief executive Kirsty McHugh told the BBC: "Welfare to work providers only get paid if they help someone into employment and keep them there."

A Department for Work and Pensions spokesperson said: "Self-employment is a great way for many jobseekers to move off benefits and into work, and it's right that Work Programme participants should be encouraged to consider whether it is appropriate for them.

"We have tough controls in place to make sure taxpayers' money is protected and all job outcome payments, including self-employment, are subject to our payment checks process.

"There is a clear complaints process for participants who are unhappy with their treatment. If we were presented with evidence of fraud or impropriety we would not hesitate to take appropriate action."

In summary, once someone has registered themselves as Self Employed (a trivial process), every 4 weeks they are (up until the end of the 2 years) generates a payment (according to the payment model) of £215. However, if they dont maintain a compliant relationship with HMRC, and the fraud comes to light, then the candidate could end up with a Police Investigation and a Criminal Record.

Any claim that is made is done so on the basis of "expectation of payment".

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/tctmanual/tctm02411.htm

Entitlement: WTC entitlement - Qualifying remunerative work: Work for payment

Work done in expectation of payment:

Work done in expectation of payment means more than a mere hope that payment will be made at a future date. There should be a probability rather than just a possibility that a payment will be made. If a person reasonably expects payments for work done then the condition is satisfied. However, if the person knew before starting the work that payment was unlikely to be made, the remunerative condition is not satisfied.

Work done setting a business up is not generally classed as being done in expectation of payment. A person will only reasonably expect to be paid for work done once the business is up and running.

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
Additional Information Submitted

I had surgery five weeks ago and had to sign off JSA and claim ESA. I phoned up three weeks ago and still haven't had a payment nor have I had any forms/letters sent out to me, which makes me think my claim hasn't even processed yet. Since I haven't been paid for weeks, I've had to keep my bus fare to get down to Ingeus - who have been harassing me with appointments for weeks now and don't seem to grasp the message that I'm still recovering from an intense surgery and don't have the energy to travel 50 minutes on a bus to sit in a hot sweaty office for 20 minutes to get the bus back home) - I'm absolutely fuming that they won't leave me alone. I've cancelled all my appointments so far and told them I simply CAN'T make it down to their offices in my condition and the next day they just text me with another appointment booked for three days later! I'm going to go down today to shut them up and get them off my back but I don't see what good it is going down when I'm still unfit to work anyway??

BomBomBom: Two things:

• An appointment made by phone, text, or email is not mandatory. Any mandatory notices must be issued in writing and posted with sufficient notice. Refer them to DWP Provider Guidance for details.

• ALL travel expenses should be reimbursed by the provider. Failure to do so is in breach of their contract and ignores all the DWP guidance issued on the subject.

It could also be argued that as you are recovering from surgery and under instruction from a qualified medical practitioner to rest, that travel to their office is unreasonable.

I had the pre-screen interview on Monday, which I thought I breezed through, no problem. All relevant skills and experience etc. Was told I would be phoned on Tuesday to tell me the outcome. Sat by my phone all day (missed out enjoying the good weather!) and no bugger called. The interviews were on Wednesday so I knew I hadn't been forwarded. I had an adviser appointment on Wednesday and apparently the reason I wasn't put forward for an interview was because I wasn't happy and cheery enough in my pre-screen. What a total farce! To be fair to him, the EST chap did look as though he was only just out of nappies.

I have another pre-screen tomorrow, at a different centre with a different chap. Hoping common sense and experience wins the day over fake, cheesy happiness.

In other news, got myself an interview next week (the one I thought would be this week).

I had the pre-screen interview on Monday, which I thought I breezed through, no problem. All relevant skills and experience etc. Was told I would be phoned on Tuesday to tell me the outcome. Sat by my phone all day (missed out enjoying the good weather!) and no bugger called. The interviews were on Wednesday so I knew I hadn't been forwarded. I had an adviser appointment on Wednesday and apparently the reason I wasn't put forward for an interview was because I wasn't happy and cheery enough in my pre-screen. What a total farce! To be fair to him, the EST chap did look as though he was only just out of nappies.

I have another pre-screen tomorrow, at a different centre with a different chap. Hoping common sense and experience wins the day over fake, cheesy happiness.

In other news, got myself an interview next week (the one I thought would be this week).

Although you should be commended for indulging a Welfare To Work Clerk, who wanted to practice their "interviewing skills" on you, do you really think that a W2W Clerk is sufficiently competent to interview you ? And, although the W2W Clerk reported that you allegedly weren't "happy and cheery enough", this sounds remarkably like BS.

Rather than indulge the Clerks by agreeing to submit yourself to a "Pre Screen" interview, with someone less qualified than yourself, why not simply suggest that they forward your CV to the HR Manager within the organisation so that they can analyse your CV, make an informed decision, and if they want to offer a Real Job Interview, they can invite you in due course.

And, in future, if someone ever suggests that they invite you to attend a "Pre Screen Interview", Mock Interview or more general Faux-Interview (ie any interview conducted by a Welfare To Work Clerk), then simply respond by stating that, if you ever wished to do this in future, you would seek guidance from a Professional Careers Advisor.

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
Additional Information Submitted

Well, apparently I'm now finished with Ingeus. Had an appointment today with new advisor no.5 (after being left alone for almost 3 months) and he said this would be my last appointment as I was due to finish next week. The JC had told me I finish in 2 weeks but I'll happily take the earlier option :).

Cheeky sod's first words were 'This is your last chance to find a job and get something from the program' (ie make them some money). I replied '..and this is your last chance to actually do something for me as the past 2 years have been a total and utter waste of time'. I'm afraid I went off on a bit of a rant then and told him exactly what Ingeus hadn't done for me, along with the few totally unsuitable things they had done - for their financial benefit, not mine.

To my surprise he actually apologised for me being sent on courses below my skill level!! I said 'Apology accepted - but it won't save you from the DWP 3rd Party investigators being called in when I report Ingeus for fraud'. Wish I'd recorded him apologising; it was as good as an admission that they'd messed me about.

Anyway, we ran through a pretty useless final form, basically asking if my circumstances had changed, etc and he asked if I had any objection to them contacting employers (what employers???). I naturally said 'Yes, I object totally to that' and he didn't push it further.

I asked 'Is this the Exit Report then?' To which he said 'No, someone else will be doing that' and I said 'Make sure I get a copy then, as per my entitlement'. He looked very puzzled so he obviously didn't know about this rule. He authorised my expenses, shook my hand and wished me well and I hope to God that's the last I ever see of Ingeus.

Time now for the carefully-crafted complaint letters to be sent..

I have just finished the WP too at Ingeus, Leeds (20th Jul). Apart from being a total waste of time and money, it has been as effective as a paper raincoat in a thunderstorm!

I am looking to go self employed. I have been given little ,help in this direction. Don't get me wrong, some of the advisers were fine enough. So was the chap I saw from Exemplas, a 3rd party company Ingeus use to help people with self employment and set up their own business. I thought I'd get some help to create a business plan with Exemplas. Yep, you guesed it, no business plan, although he did like the cash flow forecast I created.

I must've seen half a dozen advisers whilst at Ingeus. However, I have not been there in months! I was supposed to have been seen on the 18th June by yet ANOTHER new adviser under Ingeus's 'breakthrough' module.

However, a few days before this I received a phone call telling me this appointment had been cancelled. I was asked how my business plan was going and what stage it was at. I was supposed to be getting a letter confirming a new appointment date and time. Guess what? Yep, you guessed right again well done! This letter never materialised! I made damn sure it was not me who was going to phone Ingeus and do their bloody job for them! On the 18th, June got a phone call asking why I had not turned up for my appointment!!!!????!!!! Upon telling them about the previous conversation, I was told they'd contact the adviser and get back to me.

Well all that was a month ago. Still no interaction or communication from Ingeus. Seems like I've been abandoned! However, I did get a letter a few days ago from the DWP /JCP stating that post WP I'd have to sign more often, possibly face doing MWA and so on. Funny thing is, the letter arrived the very next day! Great how the letter states that 87 out of 1000 sign off within a year of signing. What is not explained is the fact that many will be signing off doing short term insecure work for a couple of weeks / months and signing back on again! More dodgy stats!

So now here I am. Still working to start my own business with little real tangible help from Ingeus and nil help via JCP! And still no post WP report from Ingeus! Doubt I'll see one now!

Saw yet another JCP adviser (despite being told I'd have a regular one) who asked if I'd received the above letter from the DWP / JCP. I said no. Has anyone actually been seen more often and / or more intensively post WP? I've read that some have been seen made to come in daily!!!

To be honest, I have become sick of this lack of help and waste of time. I think I'll sign off and claim tax credits so I can really get my business off the ground. Beats waiting for non-existent help fro JCP, that's for sure.

Edited by tfp

I wish you every success in starting your own business and getting away from the Jobcentre.

Of course, Ingeus will still be interested in you as they'll be wanting to claim the credit for (and payments) for 'helping' you if and when you become self-employed. I told the Ingeus advisor very clearly that as I'd now finished the work programme, under NO circumstance were they ever to to contact me again, under threat of being reported for harrassment.

I think the advisor called my last 2 weeks with them 'Breakthrough' too...more like 'Break Free' :)

Thanks for that Jasta11! Looks like I messed up on the attachment image as it now cannot be read! How do I change this?

Yep, no doubt Ingeus will try and claim credit despite not seeing them for months on end! Only once was that my fault as I missed an appointment. The adviser was at least sensible and flexible to do my appointment over the phone when I telephoned to explain that I got my dates mixed up!

The whole of the W2W sector (I refuse to call it an industry as they neither produce anything a useful product or a vital service) needs auditing, investigating and pretty much shutting down. It is simply unfit for purpose and ceased top be a long time ago!

Looks like I messed up on the attachment image as it now cannot be read! How do I change this?

You should see an 'Edit Post' button below your post. Just click on this and it should let you delete your image link and put up another. (if it works -can sometimes play up a bit!)

Following my leaving interview with Ingeus, I got a call from them today just to confirm that I'd finished the WP and to tell me a bit about what happens next at the JC - I cut the guy short and told him I not only knew what happens next but had all the relevant guidelines ready.

He said they'd send the exit report to the JC where I could see it or, if I wanted, they'd post me out a copy - which I told them to do.

Very pleasant guy but I was waiting for the inevitable 'last try to make some money' attempt from them and of course it came at the end.. 'Even though you've left the programme would you like us to keep in touch with you in case we hear of any suitable vacancies or you want any help?'.

'I don't ever want to hear from Ingeus again' was my simple answer, to which he replied 'I'm sorry you didn't find the programme useful (understatement of the year!!) and good luck to you'.

I await the exit report - though from what I've read, it probably won't contain much. However, I still intend to make sure it matches the one sent to the JC.

I saw a bit of my exit report today while I was at my return interview at JC, it was completed by a guy I have never met or heard of in the whole 2 years I was on the program, so have no idea how he can say how I did on WP or what help I may need in the future, I at least thought it would of been filled in by one of the 8 advisors I had while on WP, the whole thing is a total waste of time.

Following my leaving interview with Ingeus, I got a call from them today just to confirm that I'd finished the WP and to tell me a bit about what happens next at the JC - I cut the guy short and told him I not only knew what happens next but had all the relevant guidelines ready.

He said they'd send the exit report to the JC where I could see it or, if I wanted, they'd post me out a copy - which I told them to do.

Very pleasant guy but I was waiting for the inevitable 'last try to make some money' attempt from them and of course it came at the end.. 'Even though you've left the programme would you like us to keep in touch with you in case we hear of any suitable vacancies or you want any help?'.

'I don't ever want to hear from Ingeus again' was my simple answer, to which he replied 'I'm sorry you didn't find the programme useful (understatement of the year!!) and good luck to you'.

I await the exit report - though from what I've read, it probably won't contain much. However, I still intend to make sure it matches the one sent to the JC.

Whilst with Ingeus, did any Clerk make any effort in approaching any employer on your behalf, and did any face to face interview ensue? Can you cite any examples of any telephone interview>?

In respect to the Exit Report, you can invoke Due Diligence, and raise the issue as to whether the person preparing the report is a Professional Careers Advisor, and in what capacity they met you.