Esa medical

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI i have read leemacks thread about the meidcial, and have a question for you.

Do they just stop your esa, and you have to get it reinstated if you fail, or do they continue to pay you the assessment rate?

Hi sparkles. If you don't pass the WCA - it's no medical! - you will be notified. You then need to request an appeal to tribunal. During the interim period keep sending your med certs and you'll receive the assessment rate ...

Rae.

No, if you have your worst day once a month or even once a week and you base your answers on that, its called fraud.

The correct way is to answer how you are the majority of the time, so if you have one good day a week, one bad day a week and 5 average days, answer how you are on the average days, as you have the most incidence of them. What you don't want to do is talk about variability in condition unless asked, because then the answers from your best day will be recorded, rather than how you are most of the time. Talking about variability will just confuse things.

The best advice on how to answer is to explain everything - don't allow them to make assumptions. The shorter the answer the more assumptions the make - the longer the answer, the more chance for you to mention lots of descriptor relevant information.

Hi leemack, ive answered as best i could, my days dont really very that much, the only thing i can say is the pain varys, some days im in more pain then others, how it affects me daily doesnt change really.

Apart from more pain i do less sometimes, other days i just push myself and pay for it the next day.

Found out friday night that i will have to change my medical date again, should of been 15th but my friend cant take me she has hospital herself, so rearranged for the 20th, been told she is not avliable then either,

so i have to ring them again monday for another appointment, at least i have another friend who can take me on any monday, just not the 20th as they dont have the car that day.

Hi leemack, ive answered as best i could, my days dont really very that much, the only thing i can say is the pain varys, some days im in more pain then others, how it affects me daily doesnt change really.

Apart from more pain i do less sometimes, other days i just push myself and pay for it the next day.

Found out friday night that i will have to change my medical date again, should of been 15th but my friend cant take me she has hospital herself, so rearranged for the 20th, been told she is not avliable then either,

so i have to ring them again monday for another appointment, at least i have another friend who can take me on any monday, just not the 20th as they dont have the car that day.

Its ok sparkles, I was responding to quixotic who has edited his post - he was recommending taking about your worst day only, which as I said isn't correct.

I'm sure you'll do fine, just have a good read of the descriptors, decide which apply to you, then write down examples from your daily life that fit those descriptors - what you've written down is the information you want to get across in the assessment in answer to the questions. Of course you can't take what you've written down in with you, but it should be easy enough to remember the daily life examples to get across.

Good Luck