Does Anyone Know What The British Banking Association Guidlines are for I&E Sheets?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

One of my CC has written to me saying that my temporary reduced payment arrangement is due to expire and that if I wish to be considered for another then I have to fill out their I&E sheet.

It says in very bold letters that my I&E details will be measured against specific criteria set by the british Banking Association and Money Advice Trust guidlines to assess it

Does anyone know what these are?

I'm financially in mess so not sure what difference it makes?

Thanks

Honeypot

x

The guidelines are not given out to the public but one way to measure your expenditure against something similar is to use the I/e form on cccs web site. I think that usually flags up high expenditure areas.

B

Another good way to gauge the state of your finances is:

If the outgoings exceeds the income you would qualify (in a court of law) for a token payment order! Regardless of the OC opinion, various guidelines etc.

Simples ;)

and ofcourse, they have no legal right to see any of your pers fin dets anyhow!

only a judge can order that

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The BBA figures could be better but they're not too bad. Creditors agreed to abide by them and the oft guidelines state that it's a breach if they don't. TBH most if my clients can't spend anywhere near the trigger figures

It all comes down to the blood out stones theory in the end!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I have often used the letter below as a basis of negotiation following a request for an I & E:

This is what I always send:

Dear 'good friend'

I acknowledge receipt of your letter of *************** with enclosed form.

I have been advised that this 'personal' information is just that - personal. However, following your request, I obtained a Court orientated Income and Expenditure Form which I understand only a Court and/or Judge can legally have access to, and filled in the details required therein.

Following the revelations about my financial status that completing this form brought to light, I would like to thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

From this information it is obvious that I have no disposable income at this present time. It has been suggested that following discovery of this situation that a County Court Judge, would, in all probability Order that I can afford no more that £1 per month to each and all debtors, which of course includes yourselves.

If you would now kindly send me details in order that I can set up a Standing Order in this amount, I would be grateful.

Probably reads ignore/ and exaggerate the need to pay far more than can be afforded!!!!!!!!!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I do not know the BBA guidelines, and if I did I would neither trust them nor use them.

The advice above is sound - use CCCS, CAB or National Debtlines' sheets, work out what can be afforded, and offer it, without disclosing the details.

You'll probably find that the CCCS use the BBA guidelines, but I wonder how the guidelines have been updated in line with the cost of food, fuel and energy.