Can A CCJ Be Issued Without An Individuals Knowledge?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I got this today in the post and I would be grateful of someone could explain it to me who has dealt with similar threats.

img017.jpg

My first thoughts are that it is just the usual Lowell's threatogram but I just want to be 100% sure before I use it to line the Hamster's cage.

Lowell's have recently sent me a demand using the Vanquis 'digital signature application details' spreadsheet and I have been ignoring them because I am adamant that it is garbage and it does not prove I owe them anything.

See here:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?302694-Electronic-Signature-for-Online-Applications

and here:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?303275-Interesting-Development-In-Lowell-Vanquis-Debacle

Although I have recieved many similar threats in the past I'm concerned by the wording on this masterpiece, namely:-

If we are successful in obtaining a CCJ and you still do not reply........

Is there a process that has to be followed or can a DCA get a CCJ 'behind your back'?

I ask this because I have heard of this being done before.

RI

PS The debt is over £1,500.

Hi there, they really do like you to think that they can just get a CCJ against you without your being able to defend - idiots!! Firstly they would have to issue a claim in the county court - you would then receive the claim form together with defence forms. The only way a CCJ is obtained without you knowing is if they send the court claim to a previous address and you don't get it (and obviously can't defend) - however, they obviously have your current address so there is no reason why any claim would not reach you.when did you last make a payment on this account ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks comrades!

I thought as much!

I must be getting old and mushy!

It's just the usual Standard Lowell's, Red, Hamptons, Corleone threatogram then?

RI

Last payment was in 2008, I think!

My wife and I had a dispute with Vanquis over REALLY unfair charges and decided to 'not pay' until this was addressed.

Next thing we know we were getting DCA letters because Vanquis had passed the accounts on.

We are determined that Lowell's NEVER get a penny from us because of the harrassment we have received from them along with the lies and deception.

We are quite prepared to go Bankrupt if needs be, extreme I know but such is our resolve!

Edited by RoyalIrish

Thanks comrades!

I thought as much!

I must be getting old and mushy!

It's just the usual Standard Lowell's, Red, Hamptons, Corleone threatogram then?

RI

Yep

its the same old nonsense. Full if "If", "May","Might", blah blah.

Forget them.

My god where do they get there telephone threat monkey's from? Can't put me through to Kevin Allmark without a Lowell reference number.

"Lowell, Lowell?? I thought you said you were red??

Imbeciles, wasted 4 minutes of their lousy day anyway..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!