BBC Whistleblower exposes criminal world of bailiffs BBC1 26th September 9PM

Recycler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I watched this programme in horror. I have been on the receiving end of Drakes and CCs bailiffs but the treatment shown in the programe was outrageous.

I have written to Ken livingstone and my MPas thees bailif as are collecting congestion charge fines adn fines on behalf of llococal authorities .I have asked them to explain to me how bailiffs are regulated especially as their powers have recently been expanded by this government,

The intimidation vby bailiffs of the children shown in this programme was particuarly shocking.

However, seeing the "certified" bailiff seen off after being told he was "bent" was sweet indeed...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So does putting their foot in the door count as entry, or is it merely to trick the occupant, or is it in the hope the occupant will give up and let them in ? Me, id probably ram something sharp into their foot, or spray polish i their face to make them back away hehe :D

No Officer, he didnt have his foot in the door, i dont see how he could possibly have been attacked by me...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So does putting their foot in the door count as entry, or is it merely to trick the occupant, or is it in the hope the occupant will give up and let them in ? Me, id probably ram something sharp into their foot, or spray polish i their face to make them back away hehe :D

No Officer, he didnt have his foot in the door, i dont see how he could possibly have been attacked by me...

it not a peaceful entry but again I say a simple chain will sort this as to get into the home they would have to bust the chain and this is not peaceful entry.

it not a peaceful entry but again I say a simple chain will sort this as to get into the home they would have to bust the chain and this is not peaceful entry.

Im not exactly living in a great area at the moment, so as a rule we never answer the door anyway even when someone is expected- always pop upstairs for a look out the window first :D Plus we have a black steel gate in front of the door which would kind of bugger up peaceful entry should we get behind enough on anything for bailiff's to come round!

While around here they tend to be in slightly rougher areas, I think everyone should stick a gate in front of their door - I have seen some pretty ornate ones which wouldnt spoil the look much, gives piece of mind when answering the door - anyone be it bailiff or conman gets stopped.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If a lady answers the door and is in anyway 'touched' by any criminal or anyone at the door without the permission of the lady then that is assault - maybe can even be classified as a sexual assault.

The law must help victims of assault - I think the police should be called immediately and the criminals arrested - even guys are victims of all kind of assaults by people including baliffs.

Of course you must inform the police of exactly what happened and must not lie!

I watched the programme as well, am I right the guy did say that their charges are unlawful. Does this now mean that we can claim back the charges from them as well? If so yipee yet another one on my list of 'victims'.

That is just what I am doing and have been since May...still ongoing!! see here

and that is what I have been stating all along. Their fees are not fair and reasonable and so therefore can only be classed as unlawful and not in compliance with various schedules of charges and codes of practice that they are supposed to comply with :), that's a joke!! :mad:

Not watched the programme from last night yet, that is tonights entertainment.

Chrismc v Vertex Data Science Ltd

SD Set Aside WON + Costs

Chrismc v Barclays

Won - Settlement Agreed at 11th Hour.

Philips Bailiffs

Lost - Judge changed at last minute, it didn't help!

G-MAC Early Redemption Charges Waived

Won - Early Redemtion Fees Waived in Full.

Me, id probably ram something sharp into their foot, or spray polish i their face to make them back away hehe :D

Not that I ever had any trouble with bailiffs, but to stop people from getting in, I use a crawbar or spray insecticide on their face.

NatWest for £272:Full and final settlement: 13/11/06

Argos Card for £52.50:Paid to Argos account: 10/11/06

Bank of Scotland for £218:Full and final settlement: 25/01/07

I have a chain on my front door and I always chain it when I do not know who is at the door (not because of Bailiffs but that you never know who is on the other side and it may be a mad axes man).

Is there much of a difference between a mad axe man and a bailiff??!!! At least the axeman would be honest!

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

They are not entitled to force entry until they have first legally entered, by crossing the threshold. The foot-in-the-door as soon as you open up is sufficient.

Is there much of a difference between a mad axe man and a bailiff??!!! At least the axeman would be honest!

This is the line of argument that could be used in defending assault charges against a bailiff. "He didn't identify himself and tried to walk straight in - he could havae been a mugger for all I knew!"

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

I watched tis last nite & found it very eye opening as i work for the loca MBC & we all recieved an email this morning to advise that the contract which had been taken out with Drakes for recovery of council tax & parking fines had been cancelled following the bbc programme.:o

They are not entitled to force entry until they have first legally entered, by crossing the threshold. The foot-in-the-door as soon as you open up is sufficient.

I'm not at all sure that's correct.

Surely "peaceful entry" has to be just that - entry to the premises with the "consent" of the occupier. Whether such consent is active (i.e. answering the door and saying "yes, OK, come in") or passive (e.g. leaving a door or window open) it's still consensual.

Strong arming your way in whether by bargeing in as soon as you open the door, or by the foot-in-the-door technique is not peaceful entry.

Surely...???

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

As I mentioned in another thread,what the baliffs are allowed to do by law and what they try to get away with are two different things.

In dealing with them i have found that you have to be absolutely sure of your ground. I downloaded the relavant acts and recomended procedures off the web. and kept them to hand whenever i had dealings with them.

As i also mentioned previously the Police are loath to deal with these people and more often thatn not are not even aquainted with the relevant legislation.

If a (County Court)ballif tries to enter your house without a signed authority (By the Debtor)or signed walking possetion order do not let them in. If they do not go away when asked.Do not fall for,the usual we will be back with a locksmith rubbish they are just trying to intimidate you, phone the police and have the relevant legislation details to hand when they arrive otherwas they wil not prossecute. In these cases Knowledge is power. I have been lied to by baliffs on more occasions than I care to mention when working for the Credit Union and most of them when it comes down to it are malking it up as they go along.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I would imagine that most bailiff companies throughout the country are guilty of the same techniques as Drakes and CCS.

Here in Blackpool Phoenix Commercial Collections certainly are and are currently being taken to task on it. Hopefully they are going to lose their contracts with the council any day now.

The main problem is that the bailiff company only earns from added fees and the guy that knocks on your door is usually commission only self-employed, which means that he only earns his money if he collects on added charges.

Call me cynical but is it any wonder that these illegal practises such as lies and phantom visits go on?

"One of the most awkward things that can happen in a pub is when your pint-to-toilet cycle gets synchronised with a complete stranger." - Peter Kay

If I receive a reply from Ken Livingstone and my MP I will let everyone know what they say , however , I agree everyone should protest to their MPs and if Londoners- to Ken- you can email them directly

for the Mayor

Greater London Authority - Contact us

for your MP [if you dont know who they are]

UK Parliament - Find Your MP

Are Bailiffs fees disproportionate?.......

I watched it this morning(taped it last night as I was at work).

To be honest, nothing surprised me at all.

We all know what has been going on for years, will anything get done?, no.

The police don't even know the law, this is why we must educate ourselves, and when the bailiffs come knocking we can rebuff them.

If I have contact with a bailiff I always get my dictaphone out and make them state thier name, debt they are enforceing, the court who issued them thier certificate etc etc, they go very quiet!!!.

This is a terrible thing to say, but people are so frustrated that nobody is helping us that someone will kill a bailiff one day, and you know what, I could not care less.

What has this country come to, making a statement like that goes completely against my principals, but I am so fed up with bailiffs.

I thought it was great when the bailiffs got clamped!!, could not stop laughing.

All I ask is to be treated fairly and lawfully.

Rambo

I heard my bin men talking about the show last night seems most people watched it and I hate to say it but your not far off because I heard one say after watching that show now if the baliffs turned up he would rather go down for gbh than let them get away with their dirty tactics. I am vunerable being disabled with mobility problems and the show made me feel worst thinking they would really abuse my situation but until I read your comments and heard what one of the bin men said it seems the flip side of the coin is some may fight back physically given the chance.

I read the daily mail online about the story and read the comments that people made and out of 15 nearly all said the same thing they have no faith that regualtion would be put in place to protect the public. So if that is the general thoughts of the public who knows what will happen in the future. The day I hear these baliffs and their companies are taken down I will do back flips and I am disabled but will find a way out of sheer enjoyment. Also lets not forget the nasty people in the call centres they need their comeuppence as well.

I watched last nights programme with my jaw on the floor, I just coudnt believe what I saw and heard. These B******ds are committing fraud and theft, and must be stopped. As for the P**t on the ladder, I would have shoved him back down to the gutter where he came from.

Cap One (me)

Data Protection Act sent 15/08

Prem letter sent 23/09 £800

Partial offer £312

LBA sent 04/10

File at court 27/11

/B/C (me)

Data Protection Act sent 18/08

Account pre may 04 ordered statements

11/09

B/C (old mans)

Data Protection Act sent 18/08

missing statement letter 29/08

Prem letter sent 26/9 £500 + £1172.00 Est

Nat West (joint)

DPA letter sent 28/07

LBA non-compliance letter 11/09

One idea for cutting these thieves off at source is to put pressure on your council's recovery department through your local councillor - you can normally find their email addresses on your council's website. After all, it is the councils who appoint these idiots, then just sit back and 'to hell with the consequences'.

"One of the most awkward things that can happen in a pub is when your pint-to-toilet cycle gets synchronised with a complete stranger." - Peter Kay

The police don't know the law on this issue because they are not taught it. Its considered a civil matter. All they should do in such situations is prevent a breach of the peace and advise all parties to seek legal advice if necessary. So the officer who was advising the woman in the early part of the program to pay up had actually over stepped the mark.

I have written to my MP, my two City Counsellors and my County Counsellor.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

The police don't know the law on this issue because they are not taught it. Its considered a civil matter. All they should do in such situations is prevent a breach of the peace and advise all parties to seek legal advice if necessary. So the officer who was advising the woman in the early part of the program to pay up had actually over stepped the mark.

When the baliffs enter your property against your wishes or by deception and take goods they are not entitled to it is most deffinatoely a crilinal act and should be dealt with by the police accordingly.

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I have written to my MP, my two City Counsellors and my County Counsellors.

Great I will do the same today,

Just imagine the effect if everyone who visits this forum followed suit.

Peter

I watched tis last nite & found it very eye opening as i work for the loca MBC & we all recieved an email this morning to advise that the contract which had been taken out with Drakes for recovery of council tax & parking fines had been cancelled following the bbc programme.:o

That is good news unfortunately the new company they choose is highly at risk of being just as criminal in their behaviour from what I have read on forums like this it is a widespread amongst all dca.

I hope all mps are bombarded with letters of complaint