Parking Eye 'speculative invoice' today for doing my shopping - HELP PLEASE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a Parkching Charge Notice from Parking Eye today stating that my vehicle reg.... entered B&Q Bury car park at 17:16:37 and departed at 19:35:02. the maximum parking is 2 hours and there are signs up to this effect - although I hadnt realised they said 2 hours.

However, the car park is utilised by B&Q, Home Bargains, and Netto and I have a bank statement to show on that date I shopped at all 3 stores and in fact re shopped at B&Q who apparently own the car park. It amounts to me overstaying by roughly 19 mins.... even though I shopped in all three stores on the car park. (its like a mini shopping est).

What do I do now? I had no ticket on the car and the car park does not have a ticket machine or anything - its a free car park, also there were plenty of spare spaces as it was nowhere near full.

What do i do? Do I reply to this PCN ?

Thanks for any help offered

Good news - you don't have to pay it. It is a kind of voluntary penalty, which they hope you will pay. But if you prefer not to, then don't. It isn't legally enforceable and the best thing to do is ignore it, and ignore their reminder letters which they will send you.

Seriously - do not worry about it.

ignore

do some reading inthis forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh parking eye love to ask for money for nothing.

Use the letters as spare loo roll ;)

I had one of these about 3 mths ago, closely followed by another letter with grainy pictures of my car. They can't prove who was driving that day so let them waste their money on stationary x

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink: