Threat-o-gram sticky?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey, why don't we start a threat-o-gram sticky. That way people don't have to scan and post up their letter, just refer to number xx in the template?

OK, so I'm being a bit tongue-in-cheek here - but....it would help people to understand that they are just template threat letters and not bespoke, carefully thought out individual responses to their communcations:roll:

maybe we should have a 'who can get the highest number of guests reading a thread in the shortest possible time' competition?!

It's the Twitter feed - as soon as your post appears on Twitter a lot of people click on the link, so show up as guests - I'm sure I saw 12 on a new post the other day!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Think I've had a threat-o-gram from most DCA's over the last few year. I'm surprised how similar most of the letters look, I'm sure they must all get their templates from the same source.

Have £20k+ in debt, seriously want to be debt free, currently in temporary accomodation and having business problems.

It's the Twitter feed - as soon as your post appears on Twitter a lot of people click on the link, so show up as guests - I'm sure I saw 12 on a new post the other day!

Yes it was a Leeds Losers thread!

Fifteen minutes before they all finished work as well!!!!!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

When you first start dealing with dca's, theirs letters do feel like a very personal attack. It might not be a bad idea to have few of 'their' templates up on here too. Especially for the newer members. Know thine enemy!

Ive had many many threats. They are going to seize my assets, garnish my wages. Before finding help on the internet

i did wonder if they could come in and strip the house bare.

A sticky explaining what they can and cannot do would be great or have i not spotted it yet?

Thanks to everyone who keeps these boards alive i now know they are like the paperboy who left the shop without

the papers.

My assets would be worthless to them, No wages to garnish.

Only thing i am unsure of is what would happen IF they did actually take me to court and what my options are

after receiving any court paperwork.

Could i send off the CCA requests at that point and reply to the court i am waiting for them to supply proof the debt is mine?

Or would i need to goto court and do that?

Great site, Thanks.

In my opinion after getting a few (or in my case a deluge) of these letters you have to stop worrying and treat them with the contempt they deserve. Yes indeed, they could do this, they may do that etc. but instead of going in all guns blazing why on earth do they not treat people with the respect that (most) of us deserve and are entitled too, what gives them the 'right' to threaten us with all that they might or could do and get away with it. If they had a brain cell between them they would realise that yes, this can work in some cases, but there are far more of their 'customers' who seek advice and become won't pays rather than can't pays simply because of the tone and unreasonableness of their letters.

In most other industries or circumstances these sort of threats would never be tolerated, imagine if other industries ran their businesses on threats!

Exactly HS, If my creditors had been reasonable and communicated with me like a human being, everything could have been dealt with in a short space of time. But as you say, Its all guns blazing! I could redecorate my house with threat-o-grams!

4 letters arrived today. 1 for the previous occupant, the other 3 for me. I realized that they were all from dca's and I knew which dca's they were all from - before I opened them!!! I'm not sure if this is sad or funny but either way, does anyone know how to apply for 'britains got talent'? :lol: :lol: :lol: