Utility Warehouse & Power2Contact ...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you so much for the above reply - I didnt realise you had replied so sorry for the delayed response.

Just a follow up to my situation and some more advice is needed.

I decided to escalate my complaint with UW but didn't get anywhere, I then decided to go further and involve the Ombudsman - I received a reply from the Obudsman who confirmed that the level of service received was way below standard and ordered UW to send me a written apology and 100 compensation

I decided to accept this as a final decision in the outcome and the Ombudsman then told UW to send me the apology and compensation - UW did not reply to the Ombudsman so the have written to me asking me to sign a remedy form in the next 28 days should I not receive a cheque for the compensation.

However, this morning I received yet another demand for payment from UW (why I dont know, the debt it meant to be on the pre-payment meters)

But on the bill I noticed they have just credited the compensation to my account and deducted it from the debt - I feel this as a wrong doing, they were ordered to pay compensation, not ordered to add a credit to the account

Can UW do this?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Train hard...Fight easy

Send the Ombudsman a copy of the letters they sent you where they have incorrectly used the compo to pay back what you didn't owe them in the first place, your not still with UU are you?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Did they send you that in writing?

Changing supplier when you have a debt

If you have an electricity debt, you may not be accepted by a new supplier.

If you've owed the money for less than 28 days, for example, you haven't paid a recent bill, you will still be able to change supplier. The money you owe will be transferred to your new supplier.

You will also be allowed to change supplier if you use a prepayment meter and have a debt of up to £200. Your debt will be transferred to your new supplier. For more information about changing your supplier when you have a debt, contact Consumer Direct – see under heading Useful organisations.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yeah I have it in writting, basically saying that an outstanding debt with a utility company prevents me from leaving.I did check on the direct.gov.uk website and it said the same on there tooI would never recommend this company to anyone, and the sooner I can leave the happier I would be

Train hard...Fight easy

I did hit deadlock with them, then went to the Ombudsman who then ordered UW to pay 100 compensation, the 100 compensation was not sent to me but was just deducted from the outstanding debt

UW charged 350 per meter installed (they installed 2) plus the debt and court cost brought a 150 debt to over 1000 - this is why I feel so bitter about this company (I had tried to setup a payment plan, all i asked for was my bills which they never EVER sent me) I have since received them but initially refused to pay bills for something I dont know I was using, I didnt have any bills telling me the amount of units i was using etc.

Train hard...Fight easy

• 3 months later...

How is this coming along now? As you reached deadlock and went to the Ombudsman and accepted the final decission £100 compensation, this is a £100 credit and as such if outstanding balance is on the account it is removed from the balance. It is basically lowering the owed amount as you mentioned and yes to my knowledge this is acceptable in the eyes of OFGEM and Ombudsman as it is still a credit of £100 to you, just not in the form of what you can spend there and then.

If you have an electricity debt, you may not be accepted by a new supplier as noted above, also note that if you do wisht to transfer when your meter is below £200 owed you can transfer but you will have to notify the new supplier as a special request needs to be made as the money you owe will be transferred to your new supplier (they pay the previous the remaining owed, hence why a special request is required for this).

Sorry for heavy delay myself, just wondered if you got the recovery rate issue sorted out yet as well?