HFO Services & Experian – in The Times

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’ve posted this on a thread elsewhere, but for anyone new with a similar problem...

Here’s a story from Troubleshooter, in the Money section of today’s Times:

Mistaken identity

I discovered an incorrect entry on my Equifax Credit Report in November last year and have been trying to remove it ever since. HFO Services has registered a default without carrying out an investigation to ensure that it has the right individual. This has already led to a struggle just to get a new £10-a-month mobile phone contract. Can you help?

MARK TAYLOR

Via e-mail

A Google search of HFO Services shows that Mark is not alone in finding a mysterious entry on his credit report without any warning.

When I contacted Equifax it said that it had already been in touch with HFO Services, which confirmed that the entry was correct, but when it went back to check that this was the case (after Troubleshooter rang) HFO changed its mind.

In a letter to Mark, HFO said: “In your location, your name and age group is a common occurence. Based on the inaccurate information that was provided to us by what is considered assured sources, the account was traced to you.” Quite why HFO didn’t call Mark to check that it had the right guy before slapping a big, black blot on his credit record is anyone’s guess. The entry has now been removed and he has been offered £100 as an apology.

So, if you have a similar complaint, you can add this story in to your complaint bundle for the OFT and TS.

In the meantime, I wonder who or what is HFOS’s “assured sources”? Maybe that’s a fib too – they probably just used 192.com. Can’t see HFO spending money on a proper trace service.

What odds there are other Mark Taylors in that area with a similar default registered against them? "Your name and age group" being quoted certainly does support your theory that 192.com might have been used DB. One might reasonably expect that a default should not be registered unless they can positively identify an individual and establish liability. To use a service which narrows it down as far as name, area (unspecified size) and "age group" quite frankly is in my opinion a breach of the DPA principles on accuracy

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

If he sued, he probably get £1,000+.

I would agree, as well as the going rate for damage to reputation, he can also show actual damage in that he couldn't even get a poxy little phone contract.

David

HFO tend to record defaults in the name of HFO Services, when the accounts were actually bought by HFO Capital, a separate company altogether, my file is recorded as HFO Services, even though HFO have admitted in court it was owned by one of the Capital companies and not Services.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

They are entitled to record it in the name of their agent if they are administering the account.

The interesting thing with this case is that HFO must have initiated the recording of the default, because if they had taken it over from the OC it would by definition have been accurate. It is HFO’s alterations and updates which must have been deliberately wrong, proving that they are using the registering of defaults as a debt collection tool. They are ****. I wouldn’t *** on them if they were on fire.

It is HFO’s alterations and updates which must have been deliberately wrong, proving that they are using the registering of defaults as a debt collection tool.

I wonder if HHJ Waksman and others take "The Times"?:lol:

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965