Started Moneyclaim Today!

annamarie116
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:o

Hi,i sent my last letter (about refusal of offer) about 10 days ago,and have not had a reply as yet.

So i now need to proceed with the moneyclaim online.But need help!!

I am owed £4375,they have offered me £1000(**** take),but have no idea on how to claim the 8% interest,and i don't want to add on any other daily interest as it might take my claim over the £5k mark.

Could anyone possibly help me out please!!

Neither the 8% interest nor the court fee count in the £5000 calculation. If adding the interest on the charges that they have taken from you unlawfully takes you over the £5000 limit then you can split the claim into 2 parts.

If you do split, do one then the other not both together.

I would not let them away with one bean of my money but the choice is yours.

Hi Aitken,

So,should i just forget about the 8% interest and just go for the £4375 for now?And then obviously the court fees,or will they wonder why i've not added on interest??

Also,do i need to put down all my charges on the moneyclaim site,or can i just put the total amount they owe me??

Thanks,but am very confused with this moneyclaim!!

I think what Aitken was saying is that as long as the amount is below £5000 before interest and court costs it would be classed as small claims.

From what I've read lately it might be better if the case did go to fast track, as the few cases that have gone that way have been settled quickly.

m4n

Hi Aitken,

So,should i just forget about the 8% interest and just go for the £4375 for now?And then obviously the court fees,or will they wonder why i've not added on interest??

Also,do i need to put down all my charges on the moneyclaim site,or can i just put the total amount they owe me??

Thanks,but am very confused with this moneyclaim!!

no dont forget the interest or the court fee, people now are starting to claim the full amount in one go. you can if you wish split the claims, however this is up to you. check out Karnevil's threads he got back £11k in on go. hope this helps:D

Hi,Well today i went online and have done the moneyclaim part..So basically will just wait and see what happens..

The only thing is when do i do the n1 form(which i didn't realize i had to do??)

And another thing is that i checked my account today and Barclays have taken £125 out in 3 days!!How can they do that??Especially as they have offered me £1000 as a goodwill gesture??(i'm due nearly £5.000),are they doing this as they know i won't be able to claim for these last couple of weeks or something??

If you've done the moneyclaim (MCOL), you do not then do the N1.

The N1 is the form that you complete to file directly to the Court, thereby bypassing MCOL.

The law states that the defendant (Barclays) have been served on the fifth day after you filed, in your case the 19th. They then have 14 days from the starting point of the 19th to acknowledge. They tend to do this at the very last minute. This then buys them a further 14 days (28 days after the 19th) to enter a defence.

To find out what happens next, go to the FAQ's on this site and there you'll find a link to Step by Step instructions which will tell you what to do/what to expect.

In relation to the further £125 they've taken, I THINK??? you can add this on to your claim but you have to watch that you do not go over the threshold of the small claims £5,000 limit. I am sure that someone else will add to this thread with further advice about the extra charges if I'm wrong.

Good Luck

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

if you have already filed a claim with the court you cannot add the new charges on - unless you wish to pay a fee to mcol and amend it that way , personally i would settle on this one and then go after the most recent charges seperately! or perhaps use it as a negociating tool with barclays, good luck!

Well,i had alook on the moneyclaim to see how it's going,and on the 5th day they have acknowledged the claim:

So,what normally happens from here on??Do they normally enter a defence before the 28 days are out?And if they do,does it mean i could be waiting months for my money back??

Hi Anna

I'm a step behind you, but from what I've read, in all likelyhood they will enter defence and then settle in the 11th hour.

Sit tight, you have the power!

Ryjayel

o---------------------------------------------------

Barclaycard & Barclays Bank Done! :whoo:

The journey back to a decent credit file is much longer than the path it took to ruin it!