Car Finance - Debt sold on 10yrs later...

DoobyDude
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well well well, almost 1yr to the day since my last post and guess who has another letter from Aktiv Kapital - this time offering a "New Deal" where I only have to pay £800, how nice of them!

Again I thought this was done with after last time, I just want to check if the advice given is still valid?

Should I call Yes Loans? Yes Car Credit? Aktiv Kapital?

Should I be writing to them or calling them (remembering the golden rule)

I am 100% going to try and get my money back - this thing needs to be put to bed as I have let it drag too long thinking it was done with, only to have the debt pop up again and again.

So could someone please point me clearly as to what steps I should take, and what I should be saying / asking in regards to following that plan.

Thanks in advance!

PS. dx: I have re-read your posts, and they are still like riddles to me haha!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Send them the sb letter and ignore anything else.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

To claim unfair charges/PPI etc you would need to get full statements from them (SAR) and then fill in a spreadsheet to work out what they actually owe you. Then you send a specific letter.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I'm not claiming back PPI or charges, I would be claiming back all money paid by me upto the point the broke the agreement (by taking the car by force without a court order).

I was also told in this thread about the "deposit fiddle" on my agreement which basically makes it null and void, but not sure how this affects me claiming back my money as per the agreement?

I'm just confused as exactly what I need to do, in simple terms, to get the ball rolling on getting my money back - as there are so many things you should/shouldn't do and in the correct order etc.

post 38

39 etc

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey dx (riddler lol!)

OK so I should contact Yes Car Credit...or Yes Car Loans...or Aktive Kapital (the orig finance company)?

What should I be saying on the phone / putting in the letter?

Please tell me in full sentences as I find it hard to follow your style of writing, especially when I know one wrong move / phonecall/letter can cause so much trouble.

Thanks in advance.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx,

So I after reading that I think I should send Aktiv Kapital a SAR - and not phone them?

Aktiv are the company listed on the new letters I am recieving.

I still have all the letters from the last solicitors (Buchanan Clark and Wells) that tried this, and after I requested documents and sent the £1 PO I got it returned saying they wouldn't bother me again - but I don't think that was a SAR as that is £10...

why are you contacting AK?

always the OC - original creditor

sar to them

dx

and they

• Confused 1

and they

Thank you mate, so just to confirm - I should send a SAR to Provident (as per your link) quoting the policy numbers etc from my agreement?

Once they reply is that all the ammo I need to reclaim monies paid due to the duff agreement / taking it without a court order.

let see what happens

dx

and they

I'm also dealing with Yes Car Credit and I sent my SAR request to Direct Auto Financial Services, PO Box 1135, Bradford, BD1 9PU. They sent me a CD with all of the information I needed, including the agreement and a statement with all the payments that had been made. My agreement looks pretty much like yours, with the deposit taken off the insurance as well. It took them nearly all the required 40 days.

We bought a car from them in 2002. It was completely paid off in 2006, but we are trying to reclaim the PPI and the other warranties that we were told we had to have when we bought it. I've already sent off the FOS questionnaire to them with the spreadsheet. They've got until the beginning of next week to come back to me. I'm just waiting for the letter now to tell me 'no' as, reading a lot of the other threads on here, that's exactly what they will do. As they weren't regulated back then, it can't go to the FOS, so it looks like it will have to go to court. Just been searching around for the legal argument that I need.

Thanks for the info darrenfan - very similar cases indeed, hope we can both get our money back.

I'm now confused as to how you are dealing with Direct Auto Finance as dx posted a link to a thread saying they no longer exist?

Who should I send my SAR to?

Should I completely ignore the letters from Aktiv Kapital?

Thanks.

give 'em a try then.

dx

and they

they are offering discounts

that 9/10 = they cant enforce the agreement.

ignore AK them.

yes try DAF.

dx

and they