Subject access request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I recently sent a s,a,r to Lowell relating to a defaulted vodafone data card account, I used a template letter from this forum outlining exactly what information it should contain, they took my money and sent out copy's of our recent correspondace. I again contacted to say this was unacceptable, I wanted a true signed copy of the original contract and copy of default notice, they tell me that I have to contact vodafone for this even though they are the ones who claim to have a legal right to chase me for this outstanding balance. Can anyone confirm this?

I have made them 5 different offers of payment, I offered full payment up to 75%, they have offered 15% discount, is it time to bite the bullet and payup or do I have some leverage?

Thanks Graham

Hi, I recently sent a s,a,r to Lowell relating to a defaulted vodafone data card account, I used a template letter from this forum outlining exactly what information it should contain, they took my money and sent out copy's of our recent correspond ace. I again contacted to say this was unacceptable, I wanted a true signed copy of the original contract and copy of default notice, they tell me that I have to contact vodafone for this even though they are the ones who claim to have a legal right to chase me for this outstanding balance. Can anyone confirm this?

I'm pretty sure that they are responsable for obtaining this information for you. Keep correspondence in writing and I'm sure someone will reply giving more info on what their responsibilities are.

I have made them 5 different offers of payment, I offered full payment up to 75%, they have offered 15% discount, is it time to bite the bullet and payup or do I have some leverage?

I personally find there is no incentive to pay them ANYTHING. They will not remedy your credit file any, and for a "Mobile data" package I can't imagine it would be cost effective for them to actually take you to court!

Thanks Graham

You could also check out this thread if you want Vodafone to look into this from their side to confirm all the charges on the account.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

They should have sent everything that they have, not just the recent correspondence. It's unlikely that vodaphone will have given them much, probably just your contact details & amount, account no & date, but I presume that should have been provided too...

Would have been better to SAR vodaphone, but Lee might be able to provide the details that you are after ...

Locutus Lowell would not be responsbile for obtaining the requested information for the original poster. A SAR only covers data that they hold at the time that the request is made. If Lowell don't hold the data they would not be obliged to provide it.

Notwithstanding that point the original poster has sent a SAR relevant to the Consumer Credit Act requesting information that Vodafone would be under no obligation to hold from a legal standpoint such as default notices and original copies of the contract etc.

thanks human writes, so how would you suggest i continue?, time to pay up or is there more i can do to try to reduce the final payment,

the amount is £1450.00 from a data card contract from 8 days of usage, it must have been hacked somehow, iv never been able to make any headway and have always felt that this isnt my debt to pay. however they have been chasing me for it for years and now my fixed rate is up on my mortgage and need to get this default off my file,

I spoke to lee about this a while back and he said if i clear the account they would look into removing the default,

the thing is i was a good customer to vodafone at the time, i had a mobile and data card contract with bills upto £400 per month, if they had been more sympathetic at the time they would of had a fortune out of me since.

Hi Graham,

It's certainly been a while since I last dealt with this one.

Whilst I can't make any promises I'm happy to take another look at this if you'd like to email me again by following the steps in our pinned thread which locutus has linked you to.

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Just update the thread with this so I can make sure it reaches me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

In regard to the SAR I'll also be able to get this sorted out for you as well.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi, I recently sent a s,a,r to Lowell relating to a defaulted vodafone data card account, I used a template letter from this forum outlining exactly what information it should contain, they took my money and sent out copy's of our recent correspondace. I again contacted to say this was unacceptable, I wanted a true signed copy of the original contract and copy of default notice, they tell me that I have to contact vodafone for this even though they are the ones who claim to have a legal right to chase me for this outstanding balance. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks Graham

Having seen the results of other threads, it's unlikely that you will get the default removed unless vodaphone accept that the bill is incorrect. You could check that the date on the default is correct, especially if the account has been bought. It should drop off the file after 6 years, but that might not help you at the moment ...

• 4 weeks later...

If this is a CCJ then once it is paid you can apply to have this set aside but you will be charged £75.00 for this. If its paid then I can see no reason for them objecting to your application if you are not trying to claim costs from them. Have you not contacted the police to report this as fraud/