Back to work... back to work... back to work....what bl**dy work?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it depends upon which targets they have to reach. Lone parents are/were targetted during a time when the Gov. was trying to lure them back to work with a variety of incentives which, when they were stripped down, didn't really add up to much at all. Hence why so many lone parents are still on Benefits and the qualifying age for the youngest child has recently been dropped.

I think it's good that it's dropped. Why up to the age of 16 does a parent "need" to be at home all the time? When I was 16, there was me, my younger sister, older brother and both parents. My parents both worked nights. We managed fine. I can understand it if the child or parent has a disability.

I used to know someone who moaned when the age changed from 12 to 10(?). He claimed that he needed to be at home just in case his child was ill or something. Funny how many others manage.

I think it's good that it's dropped. Why up to the age of 16 does a parent "need" to be at home all the time? When I was 16, there was me, my younger sister, older brother and both parents. My parents both worked nights. We managed fine. I can understand it if the child or parent has a disability.

I used to know someone who moaned when the age changed from 12 to 10(?). He claimed that he needed to be at home just in case his child was ill or something. Funny how many others manage.

I don't think they do manage actually and it's a difficult subject, to be honest. Parenting used to be a well-respected role but nowadays work is portrayed as the be-all and end-all of everything. I agree that something needs to be in place for those who continue to churn out children while on Benefit but I also think it's very sad that the cost of living is so high that people are moreor less forced to foresake their children in order to get by.

Anti-social behaviour is rife in our society. Kids grow up without boundaries, morals, respect for authority, family life and a work ethic. These kids do not always have parents on Benefits; they just don't have parents in the true sense anymore.

Sad and disturbing.

Nothing surprises me now. I also live alone. I have no intention of taking anyone on board. We are under the lash and then the PM stands there and giving our money away to the likes of Pakistan in the 'interests of Britain' policy....Im flabbergasted we are supposed to be tightening our belts and cutting back to pay off our debt and every time the news comes on there the PM stands giving away our money to another country?? Is this my imagination?? :jaw:

Its not your imagination. You are speaking your mind and I applaud you..

• 3 weeks later...
I have just had a look at the Jobcentre website as I can't believe that there aren't any jobs.

I put my postcode in, asked for a max of 5 miles to where I live and asked for any job. We live in a rural area with the nearest town 10 miles away and a city 70 miles away. The result, nine pages of jobs came up!

I live in a large town close to London that our council likes to class as a city, the last time I signed on I did a similar search and I only got three pages, one page featured vacanices from such locales as 'Newport' and 'Edinburgh'. I applied to about forty job centre vacancies over a six month period, only three replies. Luckily I've been back in work since October and am doing all I can to make sure I never have to go back. As I don't see the job situation getting any better for a couple of years (and that, by the way, is if nothing else goes wrong)

Most are paid at the NMW but surely that is far far better than what you are getting on benefits isn't it?

NMW is not much to crow about when you have bills and rent/mortgage to pay. I know people on £300 or more a week who struggle to get by

I've got a four week interview tomorrow, however I am well prepared as I have a HUGE list of what I have been doing, backed up with evidence. Job centre gave me a job to apply for, and I was one of 600 people applying for it!

With two short weeks and year end during April I didn't expect wonders, but I have been approached by a couple of decent agencies and am going to ring round later this morning.

Interview was actually TODAY, just got back from there, just as well my file was okay. Lady seemed very nice and gave me a form to fill out to get a discounted bus pass! Very handy.

I also included 'Put £20 from jobseekers allowance onto Oyster Card to allow me to travel to/from interviews and seek work in other towns....'. I will put £20 on the card whenever I get JSA paid in 'just in case'.

Going to Wimbledon tomorrow to have a look round - might even get a job at the tennis place for the season!