Private Parking Ticket Example and fighting this charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have had the Excel, Roxburghe and now Graham White letters since an alleged parking infringement in Jan 11'. I recently have had text messages and telephone calls of which all the numbers I barr on my phone. Fortunately I was on a call to a friend when they called so just blocked the number afterwards. I am at the 'Notice of Intended Ligitation' stage in letters so am I correct in thinking there will be more letters and then a Final Demand?

Also may I add, what a Fantastic Site, packed with very helpful advice:-)

I have had the Excel, Roxburghe and now Graham White letters since an alleged parking infringement in Jan 11'. I recently have had text messages and telephone calls of which all the numbers I barr on my phone. Fortunately I was on a call to a friend when they called so just blocked the number afterwards. I am at the 'Notice of Intended Ligitation' stage in letters so am I correct in thinking there will be more letters and then a Final Demand?

Google the words 'PPC letters, what to expect' and you find this thread (the link may be removed as this forum sometimes frowns on USEFUL info stored on other forums being linked):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2214803

Anyway, it shows exactly whcih letters come and when.

It sounds like pretty much the full set, well done :).

As someone else here mentioned, if there is any chance later that you would donate 10% of what you don't need to pay, it would help CAG to advise other people in the same situation as you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi, I'm new to this and can't find how to make a new thread (on my mobile) my problem is very similar, I parked on private land which I did know and was very aware of having parked there for a few months now. Yesterday i had a ticket on my car from "Legal parking enforcers" has any one heard of these? It gave me a website on the flimsy piece of paper they wrote my "penalty" on but the website just says "site coming soon". Strange seeming it says I can pay online? Also some of the images & text appears photo copied? The signs on the site state it is a wheel clamping process, no mention of fines. I have actually seen once two ticket officers walk past my car parked there & several others next to me & they didn't blink an eyelid! I've just clicked on a link posted above & found a list of bad companies, I noticed excel was one :( I actually paid these guys last year £40 if I recall?! Anyone know if I can get my money back or any advice on this new ticket? If it is a legal company then I will pay because I know full well I shouldn't of been parked there!! Thanks

You won't get back any money that you've paid them. Just chalk it up to experience and move on.

For advice on this new ticket, if it's been issued by Excel, just ignore it. Do not respond to anything they send you by post and if they call you (which is unlikely), simply advise them to put any questions in writing and hang up, then ignore those letters too.

With Excel, the letter chain goes from Excel -> Roxburghe Debt Collectors -> Michael Sobell @ Graham White Solicitors. It'll be interesting to see if Roxburghe are still sending letters out over alleged debts despite having their consumer credit license revoked last month.

You'll receive around 7 letters before they give up and move on.

Any questions at any time, just shout on here.

CD

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone

I am up to 2 letters from Graham White's solicitors and then yesterday another phone call from the solicitors office which sounded very much like a call centre. I let the call go to answer machine and then deleted the message and will continue to do so until they go away!

Without the support of this forum I would have paid to get rid of them but never again so thank you everyone for making this in to a game of who can break first. But it will not be me!

Sharon

• 5 months later...

where did you get the idea about trashing credit rating?

NONE of the co's can ever do ANYTHING bad to you or your credit rating.

the ONLY tickets you ever need to pay

are the ones that say [AND ONLY THESE THREE WORDS:]

PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

the rest

totally ignore

get on with your lives

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Your credit rating can only be affected if (1) they take you to court (no chance), (2) you lose (even less chance), (3) you still refuse to pay up within 28 days of the court decision (completely within your control, but won't happen so don't worry). So, no, your credit rating won't be affected.