s.d. from hamptons = can I still ask for CCA?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After having some useful advice, I have another query. After having received a SD by normal post, and on reading some other threads, can I ask Hamptons at this late stage for a CCA and do you think they would hold off the SD till they sent me what im entitled to!?:???:

You found it! If in doubt, look for your username in the top right corner of the page - click on it, look for something that says 'find all posts' or 'posts started by' and you will be given a list of topics you've been in.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

After having some useful advice, I have another query. After having received a SD by normal post, and on reading some other threads, can I ask Hamptons at this late stage for a CCA and do you think they would hold off the SD till they sent me what im entitled to!?:???:

You can send them a CCA request when you like. The only time I'd advise otherwise is if you've been in contact with them and somehow admitted the debt. Even so, it's possible they can not find the paperwork or it's going to be flawed. Hamptons aka Lowell aka Tocatto send out loads of threatograms, don't be phased by the SD. If they don't send the CCA within the time limits, send them an 'account in dispute' letter.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

what about if you may have admitted it on the phone? im not sure but its possible as i was in communication with them verbally until i found this site and took the advice. well i didnt actually say 'hi i owe this' i more discussed settlement options on the phone, so in theory my request for CCA was that i would like to be sure i actually owe you any money before i continue discussions.

thats ok right?

what about if you may have admitted it on the phone? im not sure but its possible as i was in communication with them verbally until i found this site and took the advice. well i didnt actually say 'hi i owe this' i more discussed settlement options on the phone, so in theory my request for CCA was that i would like to be sure i actually owe you any money before i continue discussions.

thats ok right?

Now you know why it's stated time and time again that you should never talk to DCA's on the phone, and keep it all to 'in writing only'. That way there can be no dispute over who has said what and when. It's quite possible that Lowell have marked your file as confirmed, they've got the person they want and they know what the debt is about.

Send the CCA and see what happens. They'll no doubt claim they need to recover a copy from their client or something, give them 12+2 days and then send a letter to put the matter in dispute if they've not come up with any paperwork. On the off chance they do, let us know here and we'll take a look at it. A lot of older, pre 2007, agreements are flawed and not enforceable.

if its ok can i pm you when i get a response?

Frowned upon as the site is meant for open discussion and information that applies in one case may also apply in another. Unless it's personal details of course.

I have looked in on your thread before and I got the site team to remove the rubbish posted by the (non) bailiff...