GoDebt - Advice Requested

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I also need some advice regarding GoDebt. I brought a car from Yes Car Credit on 2 April 2001. When I orginally phoned them a few days before I was told that the car I had could be used as full deposit. On arriving at their garage in Acton, I picked a Vauxhall Astra and started going through all the necessary details. When they took down the details of the car I had brought in for part exchange as full deposit and checked its details, they said there was a query on the licence plate because it had had personal number plates and therefore the car to them was probably only worth £1. However, they agreed to give me £500 for the car and take it off the price of the car. The car was £5557.00, they sold it to me for £5057.00 and this is the cash price listed on the credit agreement.

After much discussion and them sorting out the credit I was told that I would also need to pay a deposit. I said I wasn't expecting to have to pay this as I was told previously that the car I was exchanging would be accepted as full deposit. After some discussion I agreed, probably foolishly, to pay a £450 deposit.

On checking my agreement this deposit is listed as a down payment towards the additional insurances. Although I didn't want the additional insurances I was told I had to have them otherwise I wouldn't be able to get the loan. The loan was for a period of 48 months, and I made regularly payments on this loan for the first 38 months until I got into some financial difficulties. I have received correspondence from GoDebt intermittently over the last few years and have had some phone calls to my work number requesting that this issue be resolved. I have now received a letter from them again stating that I owe £2212.00 but they would accept £500.00 in full and final settlement of my liablity.

I am also receiving regular harassing phone calls to my work phone from various people at Go, including Sherrie and now regular harassing calls from Stuart Barns. He also rang my mother yesterday, as she was down as one of my original character witnesses, asking for my personal contact details, which unfortunately my mum gave to him as she didn't know what it was relating to. Someone has also rang my parents again to do and know all their details and have said this matter needs to be sorted today, although they couldn't tell my mum or dad what it was regarding. Surely them having these details is some sort of breach of the Data Protection Act?

So as well as receiving harassing and threatening calls at work I am now receiving them at home and on my mobile including text messages. I was sent a text message saying "a process server will be attending at my place of work to serve you with a statutory demand in bankruptcy. Failure to address this matter today will start proceedings against you through the *** County Court. Please note your employment and home may be affected. Please take this final opportunity to contact us on 02078312161 asking for Mrs Morris or Mr Barns"

Stuart Barns has also sent me an email to my work address. He spoke to one of my colleagues yesterday and demanded that I be pulled out of a meeting to speak to him. He also rang this morning, when I was out of the office, and asked that he be kept on hold until I returned to my desk. My colleague told him that she didn't know how long I would be and he insisted that he be kept on hold as he had all day. He also said he would go on the works website to find out who the person in charge was to send them an email.

I am desperate to sort this matter out and to stop them harassing me, especially at work. Should I reply to his email stating that after seeking legal advice I have been advised not to discuss this matter with yourselves on the phone and that I have put something in writing to them. Please can you advise

• 3 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.