Vodafone Mobile Broadband

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just an update for all, this case is still with the Ombudsman who are DRAGGING their heels to say the least. I have sent the Ombudsman everything TWICE now and still saying they not had my permission to look into the complaint yet FOUR times I have completed their permission form and posted off to them!

I just want this sorted ASAP.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid the ombudsman route, while the cheapest option, is the slowest one and there is little you can do to speed them up.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

From other threads around here it looks as though Vodaphone fold fairly quickly when they get court papers delivered if you have a reasonable case ...

Don't hold your breath for the ombudsman. Others have raised questions as to his impartiality anyway.

• 1 month later...

This is still ongoing with the Ombudsman and to date no communication from them other than acknowledging receipt of all copies of things. Xmas 2016 this will get resolved at this rate......at which time the debt will become statue barred xD

You can still initiate court action, just serve a 7 day LBA and then drop the court case. I'm sure the site team will help you with the claim form.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 3 weeks later...

Ombudsman outcome has come back stating all the facts which us and Vodafone already know, yet has ignored all evidence provided by me and basically manoeuvred around it to get to the outcome! Another Ombudsman service did this to me aswell, until I questioned them and realised they overlooked it. Anyway a stern response has already been provided within 15 minutes of the outcome being received and Letter Before Action has been drawn up ready to be printed then go in the post.

VODAFONE - TAKE NOTE I WILL NOT BE LETTING THIS MATTER DROP, COURT IS THE NEXT STEP.

Ombusman has come back saying that the evidence of the telephone calls made to make the payments are not enough? What is then?

This matter is now going to Court VF have been notified of this unofficially and informed that the agreement made prior to court proceedins is still open, will be made in writing next couple days and be delivered recorded, also sending a SAR.

• 2 weeks later...

CCA refers to credit (ie the sale of money) only. Hope things get sorted for ya soon :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

I had been using Dida Mobile for mobile broadband access until their agreement with Three failed a couple of days ago.

I was going to go to vodafone - but given what you have said here they have just lost a customer before even signing up.

The other thing this thread raises - is - is there an Ombudsman Ombudsman? :D

As far as I am aware, when a case is sent to Ombudsman it is allocated to an adjudicator who (normally) sees it through to the end. It is the adjudicator that makes the recommendations and if both sides are happy, their job is done however, if the aggrieved party does not like the outcome, they can appeal direct to the Ombudsman

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I had been using Dida Mobile for mobile broadband access until their agreement with Three failed a couple of days ago.

I was going to go to vodafone - but given what you have said here they have just lost a customer before even signing up.

Hi Bang!,

It's a shame to hear that as a result of what you've read in this thread you've decided against joining us as a customer.

Whilst I naturally can't go into the specifics of any case we handle for members of the CAG Forum some have chosen to update their threads following a positive outcome to their concerns. Examples of these instances can be seen here.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

The Ombudsman yesterday issued guidance stating that VF have acted fairly even though I have provided evidence that shows attempts have been made to pay the amount yet the Ombudsman stills supports VF in saying that VF have no record of these attempts and that I havent made any attempts. The Ombudsman has given a further 7 days to submit final evidence before he issues a final decision and recommendations.

VF were notified in writing I had made attempts to pay and was having these problems yet they were merely ignored. Throughout the funds have been available to pay as per the agreement. I can confirm that the SAR & CCA has been recieved by VF and the Postal Order cashed.

I still have held of initiating court action at present time. I am also really glad that I never ever moved all my mobile communications to VF and stuck with O2 where I have a personal account manager with my annual spend of £2,500!

Hi

Another complaint is needed for that. Using funds meant to pay for a service to pay off any alleged debt is wrong and should be brought to book. I would also let the Ombudsman know about it as this is very poor practice by such a large company who should know better.

You could also email Guy Laurence and let him know what his underlings are up to

• 2 weeks later...

I have let the Ombudsman know about the funds being used for that purpose. I have however just received the Subject Access Request info delivered by DHL Expiry date is tomorrow! It makes some interesting reading.

However points to note

- Vodafone state that they are not obliged to send me a true copy of the executed signed contract

- £10 for SAR is showing on billing statement as a Payment Cheque

- Appears to be some emails *missing*

- Complaint made to Ombudsman is marked on the account as Abusive Comments requesting default is removed

- Copies of system generated letters are not included

- Copy of the terms of the plan

- VF have failed to hide all CSA Names

Advice please :D

• 4 weeks later...

The Ombudsman have come back and said they cannot find any wrong doing on Vodafones part! Yet Vodafone have failed to stick to principle matters of the law here, they cannot provide me with a copy of the signed agreement only a reconstructed copy, they are charging for something I have not had, they also have called me a liar yet the records show no telephone calls at any point throughout the time I had a shambolic service with them yet I rang them a good number of times.

Today I have written to Guy Lawrence and notified that VF have failed to fulfil the SAR and I require within 7 working days a true signed copy of the airtime agreement that was in force. If they cannot supply I require the alleged debt balance written off and all information at CRAs removed. If they do not get back to me either way I will be proceeding with legal action no further warnings. The email has been titled final notice before action.

ASSISTANCE IN WRITING PARTICULAR OF CLAIM NOW REQUIRED PLEASE.

Flagged the thread for site team to pop in... I belive you can request information as part of a court claim.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar