Where is my crisis loan?

21muk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok guys, ill try and get right to the point, yesterday [friday] at 1 aclock, i rang up for a crisis loan, i went through the process over the phone, he asked me all the questions etc, then asked me how id like to be paid, i said my bank account, he took the details etc, he called me back in 10 mins, and said my application for a loan was a sucsess i can have 58.65, he said it will be in my account within the next 3 hours, end of call..so i went for a nap, by the time i woke up it was late..so i decided to wait till today [saturday] to go and collect my crisis loan from my bank, and buy some shopping and pay some bills, well i went to the cash machine, and what a surprise..nothing was in there...no 58 pound, absolutely nothing, apart from the 5 pound i had in from my previous jsa payment, and yeah, im desperately ineed of some money, and the worst thing is, its Saturday, the jobcentre are not open..and nor are they open tomorrow, so guys i know its a long shot but..i have 2 questions..1.has anyone experienced this before, and what could have been the reason? maybe he put down the rong bank details during the process? or a glitch in the system.,.2.is there anything i can actually do today, to find out where my money is? or do i have to wait it out, be hungry, and have no heating, until i call them up on Monday????

Edited by 21muk

i doubt anybody here can answer your question, as far as i am aware there is no way to contact the dwp at weekends, have you tried asking your bank if there is a credit waiting to go into your account?

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

I can only agree and try asking at the bank if there is a credit due to go in or not.

The Crisis Loans section won't re-open now until Monday.

Do you have any friends or family members that you could ask to help you out over the weekend?

I don't mean to sound funny either but you state you had £5 left from your previous payment can you withdraw that directly from the bank at least you could get some basic food items with that.

Guest jsa12

you should have arranged picked up a giro from the job centre,this is usually after a certain time pm and taken it to your nearest post office.

its always handy to just keep a little for a few days' food,as you have found out like many of us.

yeah i usually do pick it up from jsa office, and then go to post office and cash it, but this time he give me the choice..post office..or bank account i choose bank account, as it saved me walking all the way down to the jobcentre then all way in town..as this way i could just go to local cash machine and draw the money out...hmm would my bank tell me if there is cash waiting to go in?, also could one of you nice guys give me the exact number i should ring, my bank is halifax

number for halifax is 08457 20 30 40

not sure if they will be able to tell you, but no harm in trying

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

that's what i thought Vicky i found it strange myself, but that's the two options he give me..i just called them, and guess what, apparently there was a problem with my payment..absolutely ridiculous honestly, if i diden't call them today, id literally be sat waiting for ever.., basically she said your application was successful, but then some where down the line something went wrong, we apologize for this, then she said, you will have to be issued with a new payment, we will give you a call with in the next 2-3 hours, and hopefully your money will be put in to the account without any further problems..ffs ive been waiting since friday...its now monday, and still its not 100% sorted out anyways thankyou x

All I can suggest is keep pestering them. I know it seems like this will make things worse, but it doesnt. Unless you keep on at them they wont rush it, why should they? Its not them left with no money. Or thats how it certainly seems the attitude is anyway.

I would also suggest asking them if it is possible to get a giro counter payment instead of a payment into your bank.

ok im now even more ****ed off at this..then is ****ing pathetic..they still havent rang me back, so i just called them to ask what was happening about the 'issuing me with the payment for crisis loan' and she said sorry we dont deal with that sector, all i can do is send out another email to the paypent department and hopefully they will contact you...ffs ive been waiting since half 10 this morning