Changing from weekly to monthly pay, any help available please.

1stlifeline
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If someone changes from weekly to monthly pay is there any help available as there will be nearly 5 weeks with no income, or is it a case of grin and bear it. He has asked at work if they can do an interim pay half way through the month but has been told its not possible.

If there are no funds to meet immediate living expenses such as food, gas or electricity then there is the option of applying for a Crisis loan.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

rather than asking for an 'interim pay' what about an advance on the last weekly pay run ... as the payroll people may be more amenable to that.

weekly pay is an anachronism and the reason the few employers / staff groups of certain employers that recieve it are being taken off it is to reduce the cost of 8 pay runs ( four basic and 4 allowances / expenses/ advances etc etc etc) a month down to 2 (one basic and one for all the variable elements).

it also reduces the time overhead for supervision in checking time sheets four fold

What we advise if you come into a JCP office is as follows, to ask you employer if it is possible to have an advance of wages or an interim payment out of the wages over a couple of weeks (as advised above but I can't word it as well :) ) if that is not an option then to approach your bank to enquire about an overdraft or extension of an overdraft.

Crisis Loans would need to know that you have taken steps to source the money from elsewhere.