passed on debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i had an argos account and was out of work for 4 months in which i couldnt pay my monthly installments. it has now been sold to moorcroft. i wasnt informed of this by argos. ive read i should of been informed when a debt is sold. in the letter from moorcroft it states they are acting on behalf of their client argos.???

well i rang argos and they said they sold it and confirmed they had nothing to do with the debt. this is why im confused as moorcroft dont suggest this in their letter

If Moorcroft are requesting that payments be made to them, to an account in there name. They own it.

But you are correct, you should have recieved a "Notice of Assignment". An absolute assignment, means it has been sold.

• 2 weeks later...

now recieved a letter from moorcroft saying the following

"if you do not contact us following receipt of this letter we may have no alternative other thn to recommend to our client that solicitors issue legal action against you which may follow. please note if legal action is necessary and if the solicitors instructed are successfull in entering judgement then your debt may increase""

soliciters cost for issue of claim form £70

court fees for issue of claim form £65

soliciters cost for entering judgement £25

then they have charged me £12 for sending me the letter "as per terms and conditions of my agreement" with my original creditor argos. they say argos have instructed them to do so even though argos have sold th debt??

send the provie it letter as advised, you have to tackle these head on, letting moorcrap take the initiative is nota good idea, and if argos has stated they have sold it then moorcrap should not be adding charges

now recieved a letter from moorcroft saying the following

"if you do not contact us following receipt of this letter we may have no alternative other thn to recommend to our client that solicitors issue legal action against you which may follow. please note if legal action is necessary and if the solicitors instructed are successfull in entering judgement then your debt may increase""

soliciters cost for issue of claim form £70

court fees for issue of claim form £65

soliciters cost for entering judgement £25

then they have charged me £12 for sending me the letter "as per terms and conditions of my agreement" with my original creditor argos. they say argos have instructed them to do so even though argos have sold th debt??

Send Moorcrap a £35 per letter admin charge for your time spent in dealing with their drivel! Inform them failure to pay will result in you taking action in the county court.