Wescot and lloyds overdraft returned CCA request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I saw a very similar post to mine but i need some slightly different advise please.

I had a wescot letter saying i owed money from a lloyds overdraft of £1,300, now i'm pretty sure this would be from over six years (when i still had an account at a different address) and more worryingly i thought i had closed down the account and all was paid up, the reason i left lloyds was because i worked out they had charged me near enough £1,000 in charges over the years and i had another account i used instead, and never got round to asking for the charges back.... arg

So i sent wescot the template CCA letter but also added the statute barred letter and ammended as appropriate to make one letter, i even signed in blue felt tip ink over a box with my repeated name in the backround.. good anti-fraud tip CAG!

Since reading the forum it seems the CCA may not work that well for an overdraft?

Now wescot have responded saying:

'we are not the creditor for this account but instructed on behalf of lloyds tsb. In the circumstances, we are returning your postal order which was made payable to wescot credit services as this needs to be made payable to lloyds tsb. You can either send your request to our client or resend it to us and we will then forward it to them'

Are they allowed to fob me off like this or does it prove they can jog on as they don't own the debt and i should send another letter saying as such?

I'm also guessing i should send a SAR to lloyds as i have no idea how this debt has been created, and havn't had access to the account for around six years, but advice would be very much appreciated on what to do next!

thanks getting more mad -al

CCA doesn't work for overdrafts unfortunately, though i see you have a better route.

I would sar lloyds, and find out when your last payment was, and should include a breakdown of charges, interest ect.

If you havent made any payments or acknowledged the alleged debt for 6 years, (5 in scotland) then theres nothing

they can do as it would be statute barred.

question everything!

Thanks izzitme,

I'll get the SAR off tomorow and see what it turns up..

I wonder if i should send anything else to wescot in the meantime, or just wait till the 30 days they've given are up..?