Lowells and a credit card out with originally Littlewoods which then was renamed to Solution Finance through Barclaycard.

diamondgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story cut short.

Took a credit card out with originally Littlewoods which then was renamed to Solution Finance through Barclaycard.

Struggled like everyone else to pay so doing a payment arrangement, been paying Barclaycard, usual threats off Mercers then Calder - doorstep collector will call - Dont visit me letter sent.

Yesterday letter arrives from no less than Littlewoods stating I haven't complied with the recently sent Default Notice with all the usual threats, doorstep collector, legal proceedings, ccjs etc.

What I would like to know, as I have not receive said Default Notice should I tell them I've never received this or just ignore the letter?

Not done cca yet pretty sure that no agreement signed only an application form.

Any advice please.

Thanks

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

I would say so. A default should be served in the prescribed manner and timeframe. How could you remedy said default if you never received it?

On the otherhand are you thinking of later down the line challenging this as no default was issued?

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

Thanks your reply.

Thats the problem keep quiet about not receiving one just in case they want to go down the legal route at sometime really don't know which way to go on this one.

DG

I don't think their would be any advantage in giving them the opportunity to remedy the situation at this time. Keep quiet and keep it in your locker for now

I 'think' I am right in saying that as the OC normally does not keep a copy of a Default Notice, that, if it is said that one was not received, it is sufficient for a sworn Affadavit to be produced in Court to say one has been sent, although I might be thinking of something else entirely!!

IMHO best bet is CCA route then the account can be put in dispute if, as you suspect, they cannot produce a signed Agreement.

Quite possibly HS, need to do a bit of checking up on this. SAR results should show on the log reports though, if they did. You would of thought that such an important document as a default that you would need to retain proof of postage

• 5 months later...

Long time away nothing much happend with this - this now sold to Lowell who also sent a DN. I'm now going to do a full DSAR request as I am sure there is ppi on this and I know they have added charges on as well.

What i would like to know is who to send it to Barclaycard or Lowell

Thanks

DG

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowells and a credit card out with originally Littlewoods which then was renamed to Solution Finance through Barclaycard.