Can trust deed affect ppi claim !!

royalscot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im assisting my brother in law in trying to reclaim his PPI
link3.gif
from the Clydesdale Bank

We have had the SAR
link3.gif
returned and there are four loans , they are consolidation loans one paying the other off , culminating in a loan for nearly £20,000 .

After a time he couldnt meet the £260 monthly repayments so entered into a trust deed which he has just completed after three years

I would like to know if it is possible to claim some of the PPI back under these circumstances

regards

rs

Sorry, I've not got a clue, wondered if this link might help..................

http://www.trust-deed.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=637

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks Scott ,

Dunno wether to claim or not , if hes out of the trust deed then surely they have nothing more to do with his finances

Just surprised they never issued a claim on his behalf during the life of the trust deed , as suggested this has been known to be done .

I`ll hang off for the moment to see if any fellow caggers can advise further .

regards

rs

Hi

If the trustee has not already claimed the ppi, then your brother is free to do so.

B

Thanks for getting back to me Bluedogx

Based on this document.....http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/a...scan0001-3.jpg

On what basis could he claim back his PPI , hes not self -employed and i havent came across such a document .

Regards

rs

You need to check the policy document itself for terms, exclusions etc.

Also - did he request the insurance when he took out the loan?

Was he told he could get insurance elsewhere, possibly cheaper?

Did he take the insurance because he was given the impression he would not get the loan without it?

Any or all of these would mean the ppi was mis sold and can definitely be reclaimed

Looking at the document, were all the statements against the tick boxes explained to your brother? It looks like a standard 'disclaimer' type document the bank would keep to 'show' that all was well with the ppi sale :)

• 10 months later...
can we claim back ppi if we had cleared our Trust Deed since June 11

Shouldnt be a problem ....my brother got all his back ....sorry i should have finished this thread off by letting you all know of the end result .

regards

rs

• 1 month later...

I've made claims on some debts I had which were paid off via a Trust deed discharged in 2005. RBS have agreed to refund PPI but have retained the £1100 as payment towards the debt. The financial ombudsmen is now involved and whilst RBS have asked for confirmation the Trust deed is discharged, and I have sent this to them, they replied they now wish to wait for the FOS to tell them what to do.Ironically another debt in conjunction with the same Trust Deed is a Halifax loan, and they have already issued a cheque for £2,820.So there appears to be no seet approach across the banks.

I've made claims on some debts I had which were paid off via a Trust deed discharged in 2005. RBS have agreed to refund PPI but have retained the £1100 as payment towards the debt. The financial ombudsmen is now involved and whilst RBS have asked for confirmation the Trust deed is discharged, and I have sent this to them, they replied they now wish to wait for the FOS to tell them what to do.Ironically another debt in conjunction with the same Trust Deed is a Halifax loan, and they have already issued a cheque for £2,820.So there appears to be no seet approach across the banks.

Well done Paul , i would expect the fos to ask RBS to cough up in the near future ......RBS digging the heels in whilst HBOS pay up

regards

rs