Help needed MERITFORCE

tracyramm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi received a letter from meritforce doorstep collects today saying i owed a barclaycard debt going back to 2000. never had one, never had any other letters first one received in oct 2009, i asked for details never heard anything and now they are asking for £1362.91. having read these message it seems like they are a funny company. what should i do?????

Hi and welcome to the forum.

If you know nothing of the debt that you should send them the following prove it letter: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

Make sure that you send this and retain proof of posting , ie recorded delivery.

If you did have one and hadn't paid it since 2000 then it would be statute barred anyway.

Also if they come to your door (as their name suggests) then hand them this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT, you can send this in the post as well.

they have no legal authority to come to your door, it's your property and it is by invitation only.

HA ha ha Meritfarce!!!!

They don't get that name for nothing! If it is 2000, then it is well and truly SB, they've been buying these lemons left right & centre!

Recorded delivery is too ambitious for these clowns, 2nd class post, and obtain proof of posting from the post office desk, if you feel the need to send these anything.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi

Welcome to CAG

I take it the 1st letter you receive in 2009 was from their partners in crime Muckenzie Hall.

Meritfarce are their field agents. (same company)

There is nothing to fear from this outfit even if you did owe the money.

As they claim the debt is from 2000 it would be statute barred anyway, which is this companies speciality

(chasing debts that are no longer legal enforceable)

Did you have credit cards with anybody else in 2000 which you defaulted on? It may be that Barclaycard now own the original creditor, but as you asked for proof of the debt and they did provide any, it is more than likely they don't have any.

What exactly have they said they are going to do in their letter?

claiming that they are going to call at my house and if i do not pay by the 25th feb some one who is named in the letter will call to start taking things away. now i know a little bit about the how things work but i have 2 small childern and this is just frecking me out. please help

claiming that they are going to call at my house and if i do not pay by the 25th feb some one who is named in the letter will call to start taking things away. now i know a little bit about the how things work but i have 2 small childern and this is just frecking me out. please help

Morning tracey

Putting the frightners on is their main weapon

They must go to Court get a CCJ and then that must be defaulted before Baillifs can be sent in, DCA's have no power what so ever so try not to worry for as you've already been advised IF this was your debt it would be Stat Barred anyway

Get those letters sorted out then sit back and relax (if you can)

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Yes as I mentioned earlier and Revenant stated in more detail, they have no power and no rights to visit your home, no more than I have. Send the doorstep letter off and keep one handy just in case they ignore it,

Chances are Meritforce won't turn up anyway, but its always wise to send the doorstep letter off, so if they do turn up you can do them for tort of trespass. As others have stated Meritforce are the same company as Muckenzie Hall. Whatever you do, do not talk to them on the phone, as they will be abusive on the phone to you and won't care whether you claim the debt was not yours either. Also make a complaint to the OFT as the are in breach of OFT guidelines for attempting to collect a statuted barred debt and trying to collect from someone who is not the actual debtor (assuming that is the case for you).

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

It's even better to have one printed off, and kept by the door, that way then, you get the satisfaction of knowing, they have sent an uneducated moron to your house, to be so deluded in thinking that you will even discuss financial matters on your doorstep, least of all hand over good money to a complete stranger who masquerades as some sort of qualified legal debt collector?? Forgive me for thinking were now in 2011? not 1911 where these desperate fools where schooled!

Tracy, their is ZERO to worry about! This is YOUR HOME, why should you feel vulnerable because some pest is threatening to come to your property to take money from you? You shouldn't!! This is where YOU live and where YOU should feel safe, ANYONE who is as foolish to attempt to threaten and intimidate residents in the safety of their own home, MUST be made an example of and THOROUGHLY publicised along with reporting them to the Police, I absolutely guarantee that if you walk into your local Police station and show them the content of this letter, and inform them that you are living with two young children and are afraid, they will give you an incident number, be aware of your concerns, and should you need to call them because of this draconian outfit, they will turn up in a heartbeat.

Print the following link off, and keep it by the front door. NO-ONE can force entry into your home, they cannot even put a foot across the door to stop you shutting it, give them the letter, shut the door, if they don't leave, ring the Police 999 and report that there is a stranger on your property who will not leave when told to do so, and you believe they will cause a breach of the peace.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

If you have already spoken to the Police regarding your concerns as to the puerile content of the letter, then they will be well aware.

You have NOTHING to fear, it is ONLY money, something which these materialistic oxygen thieves value more than health or life.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!