IMFS COLLECT DIRECT (UK) & old EGG debt

victoria_siempre
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4821 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

The above are chasing a terminated Egg account and have sent an IMPORTANT NOTICE.

I am ignoring for now; no NOA received.

They have a CC Licence and are registered at Companies House as Leeds LS18 4JR.

I just wanted to know if anyone had come across them in practice: know thine enemy and all that.

love

vic

Hello Vic,

Various threads on here about them, usual lowlifes, send them around here to see me!

Info below taken from another thread.

Collect Direct, it’s the trading name of Improved Financial Services.

Denise Crossely is the managing director and Caroline Burston the Collections Manager.

The companies real phone number is 0113 259 6900. If you get hassle from them report them to the Office of Fair Trading, their Consumer Credit License is 559133.

Their address is Jason House, Kerry Hill, Horsworth, Leeds LS18

THEY ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION FROM THE OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING FOR HARASSMENT AND FOR USING UNLAWFUL PRACTICES.

You can also report them to the Credit Services Association Limited, Wingrove House, Ponteland Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE5 3AJ Tel: 0191 2865656 Fax: 0191 2860900 Email:

The more of us who complain the sooner they will be struck off.

Type in their name in the search option above for more info.

Your username suggests you may be a fan of Che Guevara!

Thanks rockwell

Something like that: I'm not a fan of how he ran a country but the approach may apply to DCAs

"Ever onward to victory, Patria o Muerte!

You are the first to spot publically that it is my nom de guerre.

I have another today from Credit Solutions Ltd who do not appear to have an extant Consumer Credit Licence, does anyone know what 'Open' means?

Licence Details:

Renewal 21-Oct-2010

Open

http://www2.crw.gov.uk/pr/default.aspx

I 'phoned them to ask for their licence number - none provided on threatogram - but they won't talk to me 'because you could be anybody, Sir'. I think I MAY ignore them for a while.

love

vic

There is definitely a question to be raised as to whether these fools should still be allowed to operate whilst having no up to date licence in force, just because my insurance is being renewed but may take a few months doesn't give me the right to continue driving!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I have received three letters in the space of two years from Collect Direct (Improved Financial Solutions Ltd), the first letter was to arrange payment the second was a Notice of Legal Proceedings and the third was to inform me of their intentions to send a local representative to my house.

Has anyone else had these letters or similar activity and what was your outcome? Did you pay up in full, make an arrangement or ignore. I am so scared now and I don't know what to do, I think they are starting to charge me administration costs too. Is this legal?

Any advice would be good!!!

Thank you

In response to Bazooka Boo.

In 2009 I received several letters from Debit Finance Collections which I responded to and then this new company called Collect Direct have written to me.

Maybe their the same company, I am not sure to be honest.

Have you had any contact with them?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

My complaint this time is v. COLLECT DIRECT (UK), CC Licence 559133.

When it started, I pondered, “Is this a game of chicken or Egg?”; I Swiftly read the merits of cracking egg at the big end or little end.

Messages arrived via TNT bottle thus:

10 Jan: IMPORTANT NOTICE

25 Jan: ATTENTION: “We have spoken to our client who have advised that they do not hold any record of an outstanding complaint on file.”, notwithstanding that I hold big egg’s FINAL RESPONSE to said complaint. “In order to avoid further action….next 7 days”.

1 Feb: URGENT NOTICE (in red ink): “WE ARE ADVISED THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY RESIDENT AT THE ABOVE ADDRESS”, no sh*t Sherlock, blah di blah, “ A court Official visiting your home”, blah di blah, sky will fall in, blah di blah.

2 Feb: RECEIPT: “We acknowledge receipt of your recent payment …”; curious, no payment made and balance quoted is same as 1 Feb.

8 Feb: DOCUMENTATION ENCLOSED: “Please find enclosed our complaints procedure as requested….In the meantime, your account has been placed on hold for 14 days from the date of this letter….”

11 Feb: IMPORTANT NOTICE: PAYMENT MUST BE RCEIVED AT THIS OFFICE WIHIN 4 DAYS: similar to 10 Jan save that balance has grown from £6,274 to £7467: wow, Wonga even.

18 Feb 2011 16:10:55 +0000

To:[email protected]

Dear vic, please contact CD UK urgently on 0844 701 6156 quoting reference 982xxx.

Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to..."

Now I’m really confused. Is there anything here that might merit inquiry of their fitness to hold a Consumer Credit Licence? Meanwhile, back in Blefuscu, what came first, the turkey or the egg?.

Love as always

Vic

PS I am not fond of this company

Whether the Turkey or the Egg came first is irrelavant , you can't affect that. The important question is what does the turkey do next?

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

• dx100uk changed the title to IMFS COLLECT DIRECT (UK) & old EGG debt