Capquest closes account.

swanbi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent capquest cca and account in dispute letters in regard to capital one credit card.They replied we are unable to comment on the dispute you have raised as this was prior to our involvment and at the time the account was passed to us we were unaware of any existing query. Therefore we are closing the account on our system. Does this mean that the account will revert back to capital one?

Thanks.

Hi there

DCA's etc are like Cockroaches -- after getting rid of one infestation others creep in.

However getting Cr@pquest off your back is a great start. Don't worry / stress anymore until you get further letters - which you might not in any case.

YOU are now in control so don't create problems by worrying about "Whose next". If it happens Caggers will sort you out.

Meanwhile enjoy a nice stiff one at your Local courtesy of CQ.

Cheers

jimbo

Send the bilge crawlers this

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Your Reference:

Client reference:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to you, as it is in dispute with DCA/OC and has been since Date

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

As DCA is now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, Office of Fair Trading Collection Guidelines, I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default, enforcement action is NOT permitted; under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law. Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to DCA/OC for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as DCA/OC cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If DCA/OC chooses to ignore this dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office and Financial Ombudsman Service.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

Yours faithfully

Print name do not sign

If crapquest were only Crap One's agents, then the account will be returned to them.

If crapquest are the owners (ie have bought the debt) then it will go in a holding tank with all the other useless accounts they have no paperwork for and then sold as part of a job lot to the likes of Wetcloths, Lowells or Muck Hall

If Capquest were simply agents for Cap1 then their required action was to pass your request onto them. If they have simply closed the acount it may well be because they know damn well that Cap1 don't have the required paperwork either. Sending the CCA request to Cap1 and seeing them default would prevent these leeches from passing on the account to anyone else. If they did they would leave themselves wide open to complaint.

If they failed to respond fully to your CCA request they would have defaulted on your request

Crappy should of contacted Crap One for the agreement when you asked, so by closing the account it sounds as though they are not wasting any more time with the account.

Are Crappys just agents or have they purchased the debt

Who did you send the CCA request to, CrapQuest or Crap One