HFO 'Reminder notice of Assignment'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Standard threatogram letter and a crude attempt to use personal data to further intimidate you. The threats are rubbish. You must report this to OFT and Trading Standards via Consumer Direct (insist to them that it is a complaint, you are not seeking help) I think I gave you the links. These HFO tactics must be stopped.

Send them the CCA request with £1 postal order by recorded delivery. Leave the PO blank and write on back 'for purposes of CCA request only'. If no agreement returned within 12 plus 2 working days days send the 'Account in dispute' letter

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

I would go direct to the OFT contact with this one CD

Here is a contact with the OFT- James Waldron, Fleet Bank House, 2-6 Salisbury Square, London, EC4 8JX.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Links for complaints - BA has given you the contact at OFT - either write or email. You can also complain about the misuse of your data to ICO

Trading Standards via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

OFT http://www.oft.gov.uk/

ICO via http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/data_protection.aspx

OFT Guidance link

This helps when drafting a letter to OFT

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?416-The-OFT-Debt-collection-guidance

donate

This ones quite bad even even by HFO's vulgar standards.

I often feel the more threatening they are and the more intimidating they are , the weaker their case maybe.

Perhaps they feel your using this forum as they search CAG and are trying to panic you into paying before we get our teeth into them. Just my opinion.

Like BA and CD say, report them, report them , report them!

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

There are times when I could actually leave the forum as my issue has gone away (have another go if you want), but when you see the tactics they use to collect these alleged debts and how they try to intimidate people, it makes it a pleasure to stay and do my little bit to help.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

This is an appalling breach of personal data - they have tried it before with photos of homes, credit reports and 'bailiffs action sheets', I cannot believe they are still doing it as they must have been officially warned about this (the streetview photos seem to have stopped for example).

They did it to me - once - and I have been kicking their assets ever since, so be warned HFO:evil:

donate

I agree BA, my personal debt problems have met a stalemate, but I stay on the forum for my personal hatred of the stench of these vultures

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, apologies for not keeping you informed, I received another letter last week, the 72 hour notice, dated 2 feb. I didn't manage to get to the post office until the friday to send the cca. They received this on Monday 7th. Have heard nothing as yet. Do you think they could be starting proceedings?

I very much doubt, their letters tend to be empty threats. If they do not send you an agreement (which meets the terms of the CCA) by 23rd, I reckon that you can send the account in dispute letter. If you have made a CCA request they cannot proceed with court action. If they send anything, let us know.

Please, please make a complaint to OFT, details in the posts above and send copies of all this correspondence. This will be another nail in the coffin for our womble friends

donate

The 72 hours letter just comes off their computer automatically. I have had several over the past few years. Ignore it, they are usually empty threats

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have actually received some statements from HFO today (had though it was SAR from Citi :( ). So, like I say they have only sent statements, the last dated Nov 2006. I have some that I have scanned but unsure how to upload. They have sent nothing else other than covering letter advising me to contact when received.

That is standard, they have still not produced a credit agreement so the Account in Dispute letter still needs to go to them. They may send a 'recon' agreement in the future which is basically a set of Terms and Conditions, but we can deal with that if they do. Do the statements indicate when last payment was made?

See if anything else turns up via the SAR request. The level of Citi paperwork is very poor, in my experience

donate

Sorry the last statement date was Dec 2006

Also a few points that may be useful:

1. The last payment I was made was April 2006 (although unsure of any contact after that until SAR)

2. On the Dec 2006 statement it shows a debit sale receipt of £458 (transaction date 27/11006 Ref Number: HFO debt s...thats all it shows)

3. On the Nov and Dec statement is shows my parents address, however I never gave them this as a new address (although earlier statements do show this address before I moved) ALSO on these last two statements the address is spelt wrong!!!

I actually sent them the dispute letter this morning. This letter was arrived Saturday but I was unable to view until this afternoon.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, I wonder if you could help me again following on from this thread?

Today I have received info from Citi following SAR, the letter reads:

Thank you for your recent request for copies of the personal data under s 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 regarding your account.

Please find enclosed:

A copy of the personal data provided as part of the application process.

Copies of correspondence received from you.

Copies of the statements issued on the account. There were no statements produced for this account after November 2006 as the account was sold to HFO.

We can confirm that there were no notes of manual intervention produced for this account.

You should note that we do not routinely keep copies of all correspondence sent to customers because the majority of our letters are issued by our customer management system, and this does not maintain any records beyond the letter type and the date the letter was sent, and generally this information is only held for a two year period.

We have not provided you with copies of the terms and conditions as these fall outside the definition of personal data for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. Similarly, s 7 (1) © only requires a data controller to provide a copy the information constituting any personal data, not the actual document on which the personal data is recorded; therefore we have supplied a copy of the information on the agreement/application.

So, the documents they have provided are:

• a change of address document sent to them on 3/7/06
  • a letter from myself dated 20/07/06 offering a monthly payment plan as advised by Payplan, including a list of expenditure and income and list of creditors. (This offer was dismissed from what I recall)
  • Application information including, personal details e.g. address, dob,contact no, time at address, marital status, employment details, date application processed, bank details and 'card protection plan insurance - 0 (meaning not requested) and 'Cardholder repayment protection insurance' - 0 (again not requested).
  • statements from Feb 05 until Nov 06.

Citi actually sent statements from commencement until Dec 06, the last of which stated 'debt sale receipt' from HFO.

Also statements all show cardholder repayment protection insurance from commencement.

So I would really appreciate any thoughts on what I have received, all of your contributions mean a lot to me.

Also, I have heard nothing from HFO since account in dispute letter. (sorry if any spelling mistakes, second time of writing this through as lost the first! Really should do in word next time!)

Usual poor response from Citi, nothing of value. Please remember that when HFO request data from Citi they will receive the same. Bit of as waiting game I am afraid to see if HFO make a move, if they do you will be ready for them.

Hfo may send you a response to your CCA request which consists of Citi Tems and Conditions, not worth a light. Please let us know if you receive anything and make sure that you send complaints to OFT etc.

HFO should not bother you as the account is in dispute

donate