Hello and Help?? martial are class cancellation

Becky179
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi a friend recommended I join this site for some advice...!! Looks like you guys might become my life line in the future lol!

Don't know if I am posting this in the correct area?? please let me know if not!!

Here goes!!...

I used to pay for my son to attend Martial Arts classes.. I called to cancel the lessons cica 10th November payment comes out by DD on the 15th monthly.

When I called I was asked by one of the instructers to re-consider and they would call me later in the week... they did and I said no he still wanted to take a break for a year or so... No mention was said about putting this in writing or any notice period, perhaps stupid of me not to think of these things!

I thought it was 30 days notice any way, but also forgot to cancel the DD straight away so the November payment (£75) went through, we then cancelled the DD.

I am now being chased for 3 months payment, the DD company are taking notice as the 15th December. Is there any thing I can do??

Spoke to the club who have been very unhelpful... asked for a copy of the contract which we received on Sat, this looks to have been our copy (members copy)... should we not have received this copy in the 1st place?

Is there anything I can do about the dates, my word against theirs, but should I not have been told about putting notice in writing? Should we not have been provided with a copy of the T&C's, 100% certain we have only signed the DD mandate and not to any T&C's with the club?

If we had been aware of the 90 days we would have continued to take him to classes for another 3 months.

What will happen if we simply don't pay? are they likely to take us to court for £225 and would we have credit problems because of this?

Any help greatly appriciated x

hiya and welcome to cag,

i ahve moved you thread to the general issues for more views

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 5 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.