cabot - citicard impending court action

andy_l
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks vj/coledog

I shall submit a copy of coledogs letter as my defence to day online to comply with the 13 feb deadline.

And yes please, I could do with some help filling out a cpr18 request to morgans.

rgds

andy_l

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

I can't log on to monyclaim to submit my defence which has to be in by today.

I have reset my password but still can't get in.

I am trying to log in using my 12 numeric gateway userid and newly alocated password but to no avail.

Any ideas, other than phoning the help desk tomorrow morning?

rgds

andy_l

Hi

It could be that the site is down so worth trying later or email customer services at

By email – [email protected]

and attach the document you are trying to upload, explain the situation

Or could Fax it if you can get access to a fax

were you able to get in previously? Is there anything useful on the claim form?

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Have you tried re-registering as a new user? That may work but remember to write the codes down

I have just managed to create an account and log in but I don't have your Claim Number and password - obviously

donate

My daughter ended up driving me to Northampton to deliver defence manually.

Spoke to moneclaim helpdesk, apparently when resetting password, one has to wait a few hours for it to take effect, otherwise you are locked out.

I've submitted my defence to the court attached to form N9B and have had a reply from the court (see attachment).

The court's reply states that they have sent a copy of my defence to morgans basically giving them 28 days to put up or shut up I guess.

However, morgans now know what my defence will be, whereas I still dont know what evidence morgans have to pursue their claim against me, which may put me at a disadvantage.

If morgans had submitted their evidence to support their claim to the court when thay made their claim, would/should the court have sent me a copy of morgans evidence (just as they sent a copy of my defence to morgans).

Do I still need to send a CPR18 request to morgans, and if so, is there a template available that I can use to submit this request.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

regards

andy_l

defence_response.doc

Hi Andy

If they wish to progress this, the sols will need to send a form and Witness Statement and Exhibits to the court and should also send the WS to you,. If you hear from the court ask them if a WS has been submitted as you may need to chase the solicitor for this.

I will ask VJ about the CPR 18 request as he was going to sort one for you

donate

It is basically a signed statement outlining their case and why they are bringing it, refering to specific documents which will be attached. If they produce one, you will have to write one in response but we can help you with this.

donate

Hi Andy

If they wish to progress this, the sols will need to send a form and Witness Statement and Exhibits to the court and should also send the WS to you,. If you hear from the court ask them if a WS has been submitted as you may need to chase the solicitor for this.

I will ask VJ about the CPR 18 request as he was going to sort one for you

Not quite... the next stage will be the allocation questionnaires, if these are sent out then the claimant has paid the relevant fee and indicated they wish to proceed.

S.

Cant remember what the cpr18 was for but this thread has an example of one...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?255329-CPR-part-18-vs-CPR-31.14-Confused-well-read-here

Remember the idea is to tease out of them actual details of documents they may hold which you can then request under CPR31.14, as you've already had a CPR31.14 request ignored you would be perfectly within your rights to issue an application to court (costs unfortunately) to get disclosure of the documents.

S.

Thanks guys

I am completing the CPR18 request.

One question tho', in paragraph 3b, should I quote

Defendant’s account formerly held with CitiCards, CitiFinancial Europe PLC

or

Defendant’s account formerly held with CitiCards, CitiFinancial Europe PLC and latterly Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd

I dont want morgans to wriggle out of it due to the fact that Citicards is not their client.

regards

andy_l

The first one as Cabot are named as the defendent on the letter.

Cabot is the Defendant ????:!:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread