• Tweets

• Northmonk forget what I said about your Notice to Hirer being the best I have seen . Though it  still may be  it is not good enough to comply with PoFA. Before looking at the NTH, we can look at the original Notice to Keeper. That is not compliant. First the period of parking as sated on their PCN is not actually the period of parking but a misstatement  since it is only the arrival and departure times of your vehicle. The parking period  is exactly that -ie the time youwere actually parked in a parking spot.  If you have to drive around to find a place to park the act of driving means that you couldn't have been parked at the same time. Likewise when you left the parking place and drove to the exit that could not be describes as parking either. So the first fail is  failing to specify the parking period. Section9 [2][a] In S9[2][f] the Act states  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Your PCN fails to mention the words in parentheses despite Section 9 [2]starting by saying "The notice must—..." As the Notice to Keeper fails to comply with the Act,  it follows that the Notice to Hirer cannot be pursued as they couldn't get the NTH compliant. Even if the the NTH was adjudged  as not  being affected by the non compliance of the NTK, the Notice to Hirer is itself not compliant with the Act. Once again the PCN fails to get the parking period correct. That alone is enough to have the claim dismissed as the PCN fails to comply with PoFA. Second S14 [5] states " (5)The notice to Hirer must— (a)inform the hirer that by virtue of this paragraph any unpaid parking charges (being parking charges specified in the notice to keeper) may be recovered from the hirer; ON their NTH , NPE claim "The driver of the above vehicle is liable ........" when the driver is not liable at all, only the hirer is liable. The driver and the hirer may be different people, but with a NTH, only the hirer is liable so to demand the driver pay the charge  fails to comply with PoFA and so the NPE claim must fail. I seem to remember that you have confirmed you received a copy of the original PCN sent to  the Hire company plus copies of the contract you have with the Hire company and the agreement that you are responsible for breaches of the Law etc. If not then you can add those fails too.
    • Weaknesses in some banks' security measures for online and mobile banking could leave customers more exposed to scammers, new data from Which? reveals.View the full article
    • I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Scottish Power Home Comfort cover problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

]Hi there,

I signed up to this "HomeComfort Premium Care' service, at the end of last year, it was displayed all Scottish Power website, promoting this 'Care-free' 'Worry-free' product, 12 months for the price of 10 promotion.

I wish I hadn't bothered.

I signed up, and then I get a 'Welcome pack' with all the T&C's, and I also learn they won't even inspect your boiler or look at it for the first 90 days ! Luckily, there is nothing wrong with our boiler, but not a great start.

Then after 90-days, I call them up asking for an Inspection date & Service date, and I get fobbed off and told that someone will be calling me for sure within a further 7-working days, so in effect within the next 9-days..

9 Days pass, two weeks pass, and nothing.

I call again today, get put on hold to an awful racket sound which they may call music, on hold for 17-long-minutes., with a recorded message telling me due to a high-volume of calls, I will be through to the next-available agent, blah blah blah

When I do get through, the girl said they're not busy, and couldn't understand why I was on hold at all (Ggggrrrr !)

This Home3 company is a Sub-Contracted Company from Scottish Power, and if you would like my advice, I can give it to you one word of good advice and that is: AVOID.

They don't deliver on their word, let alone their products, I think the company should be looked into, I feel cheated, and this all takes time. Your time.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a complete waste of time and my money this lot are!

It just gets better! After a independent company ( other than the bunch of incompetent idiot subcontractors HCM of chesterfield ) came out and diagnosed the fault , Scottish power rang Friday night as we were on our way away for the weekend to tell us they were coming Sunday to fit a part.....no would it be convenient to come Sunday, we are doing it! Well they got told we would not be there, rescheduled to monday sometime between dawn and dusk.... The guy turns up at 5pm without any part, to look at why its not working... Not his fault I know, but I'm afraid he got told ! Same idiots HCM ! Same idiots at Scottish power! Although they did telephone back !! When they said they would... The saga continues......I am now taking legal advice, this is breach of contract on SP part. Now it's going to get nasty, as we have had no apology no hot water and no heating we can rely on since early November 2012 . Add together the time wasted waiting for someone( anyone) to turn up, time spent waiting on the phone while the morons the other end look for new excuses, time spent waiting for phone calls not to be returned and days taken off work to keep appointments so vague it's unreal we are looking at court ! You now have 7 days scottish power !

Finally someone has grown a pair and decided to phone us last night

Apparently a bigwig has found out , now lets see if anything happens....

Not holding out much hope, but at least it's not one of the telephone drones this time.

Since 6pm last night we have had 3 phone calls now, promising to have the part here and fitted by Friday...... We refused the useless subcontractor they have been sending from chesterfield , they say they will use another from Coventry .

If these are the usual lies and fobbing off its the end of the line.

This really is their final chance!

Updated will follow here , and on every other place I can find to warn people of this company's incompetence .

We're two and half weeks without central heating and hot water now - remember it is snowing and below zero outside, and room thermostat advises 7 degrees in the house.

It is true that SP has agreed to compensate us for a couple of electric heaters, but, hey, what about hot water and the water-damage that's being done to our brand new kitchen because of the bucket-load of water leaking from the boiler every day for the past two and half weeks?!

When we were covered through Vaillant/Home Serve we never waited more than 2 days for a repair (including when parts were needed). How I regret joining 'HomeComfort'!

***Update*** It gets even worse.

After daily calls to both SP and the subcontractor they are using - a company named 0800REPAIR - it was agreed that an engineer would come out this afternoon to stem the leak and 'fit the parts that had arrived' - not all the necessary parts had arrived, despite having been orederd 17 days ago!

The engineer arrived and immediately advised that more parts would be required since the water-damage, caused by the 17-day-long leak, will have invariably damaged other components of the boiler. However, he agreed to fit the part he had come to fit, to at least stop the water leak, which is causing such damage to the area around our boiler. He was here for two and half hours fitting the part and generally fiddling around. He left advising that he had done all he could and that he'd contact SP to arrange ordering the additional parts which were now necessary as a result of the failure to stop the leak when I first reported it on March 5th - 17 days ago. However, as soon as he left I realised the replacement part he had fitted was leaking - so evidently it is a damaged part and/or he failed to fit it properly. I have spent the hour since then attempting to contact both SP and 0800REPAIR to arrange a revisit. No joy so far.

It looks like another weekend, and probably another week too, without heating and hot water (sub zero temperatures) and a continuation of water-damage to the area around our boiler. (It's leaking 2 buckets of water a day).

I urge anybody considering joining SP 'HomeComfort' to strongly reconsider.

If this isn't repaired by Monday (21 days since I reported it) I'll be contacting relevant authorities and consumer rights groups.

Edited by cdy

Further update!

The so called top man is full of **** too!

On Friday when they turned up with a faulty part to fit and again left us without a properly functioning boiler , we were told they would be back out today with the correct working part . Just been informed it will be Wednesday !

This lot can't tell their arse from their armpit . Full of bull.

Just don't believe a word they say .

Edited by honeybee13

I have a feeling we're going to go over Easter without hot water and central heating.

I'm tempted to pay Vaillant the £260 fixed-cost fee they charge to repair any Vaillant boiler, and take SP to the small claims courts to secure a refund.

I've just emailed our family solicitor now to request info on this.

David, I have been in contact with one of your colleagues for over 2 weeks now. In addition, I have emailed that email address you posted above probably half a dozen times since I reported the fault on March 5th.

We are now being told tomorrow!

Haha!

I'm sure I will go purple before anyone arrives if I elect to hold my breath on this one.....

Scottish power really are the biggest bunch of liers I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

If they don't turn up tomorrow I will be calling a real boiler engineer and billing scottish power , enough is enough now

It's already going to be costing them £6.50 for every hour I have had to chase them .

The engineer from SP's subcontractor has just left. He managed to get the heating to work, but no hot water!

More part are required. I very much doubt this will be repaired before Tuesday of next week. (I'm pretty sure Easter weekend = suppliers closed!)

Scottish Power, please try to have this resolved ASAP for us?!

We have had issues with SP for over six months. 15 engineer visits from two separate contractors, boiler cutting out daily and no hot water or heat intermittently every day. At our wits end and have now contacted the Chief Executive in order to resolve. Promised a fix by Christmas 2012 and now in April!!! Originally with British Gas for 9 years with excellent service so really regret moving over to Scottish Power!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was with HomeComfort for three years until I had had enough. They were four months late in doing the service and I only got that by hassling SP and in the end I was put on a list that was sent to the subcontractor daily and this produced results. I got a letter with an appointment in two weeks and in that time I received texts reminding me of the appointment as though I was stupid.

On the day of the appointment he did not arrive so two hours after the time I rang SP and eventually was told that someone was coming. He arrived three hours late was very sulky and did not even apologize. He finished the service in 15 minutes and when I asked for a copy of the checklist he just said ring SP.

I complained to SP and was given a reference number, I wrote to the customer service team manager Neil Clitheroe who did not reply, I emailed David Wark CEO and was given another reference number and told once again I would hear within 10 days. It is now 3 months since the service and have heard nothing so I have cancelled the contract. A bunch of workers who don't give a damn or realize that the customers pay their wages. Do not waste your money with them.