style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am being chased by bristow and sutor for council tax debt.

i am currently paying 2 AOEs from my wages.

i have 2 others including this years outstanding.

i have contacted the council who were totally unhelpful, the baliffs are the same.

they will continue action asap.

i have sent a letter to the bailiffs asking about their charges on top of the original debt which they have to reply to,within 14 days?

i am on a low wage and cannot afford £120-£150 a month out of my wages so my wife and i can live in mediocre comfort.

i am listening to the knock on the door as they say they can call evenings and weekends to seize my goods!

i will not let them in,but i am worried my wife will if i am out at work.

she will think its just another door to door salesman/woman.

please any advice would be helpful i really am worried,

but i am getting tired with the hassle of it all!!!!!!!!!

moved to the bailiffs forum....

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you are already paying bu AOE then sending bailiffs could amount to a vexatious action. Find out who your local councillor is and ask they intervene, failing that, speak to the Local Government Ombudsman and start the official complaints procedure.

DO NOT open the door to a bailiff and make your wife aware, plus, make your car safe until this problem is resolved.

No point argiong with a bailiff about his fees, the only statutory charges is £24.59 home-visit fee, none of this "van fee" £250 and "levy fee" £150 and all that. No contract, so DO NOT sign anything handed to you by a bailiff and you can disregard the bailiffs list of fees.

Mention to your councillor (and to the council) that its a criminal offence under Section 2 of the Fraud act 2006 if a bailiff makes a false representaion as to how much money you genuuinely owe, or charged you for work he has not done.

Source: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200607/ldhansrd/text/70420w0001.htm see under Crime Fraud

Professional property investor and conveyancer