BCW and old E.on bill - F&F Settlement Offer?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm really hoping someone can offer some guidance on this matter:|

We are hoping to have sold our house soon and therefore release some funds to clear off the majority of our creditors:|

one of the consistently aggressive DCA's is BC&W who seem to be acting on behalf of E-On for an old electricity bill from our last house.

The total final bill was in the region of £2,462.20...:-x (It's a long story relating to electric underfloor heating!!)

Has anyone had any experience of how much BC&W will accept as a F&F settlement?

Also what are they like for writing to Credit Agencies to have your file marked as 'Satisfied'?

Many thanks in anticipation.

EB8-)

Not sure Tingy, how do I find out? What difference does that make?

If they have bought the debt, then they would not have paid the full amount for it (x pence in the pound) so you should be able to negotiate a lower settlement. The letters normally give it away as they would refer to Eon as their client. However it's safest to ask Eon if they still own the debt or not? The reason for this is that some DCA's are using the threat of the name of a big company as their client to mislead people and scare them into paying up.

So if I look into it and BC&W are only acting as agents should I try and settle directly with E-On or with BC&W?

Any ideas of what sort of percentage BC&W accept as F&F?

You need to make the offer to the owner of the debt. I've no idea what they accept but I've just read something somewhere on here about a way to work it out. If I can find it again I'll post the link.

You need to make the offer to the owner of the debt. I've no idea what they accept but I've just read something somewhere on here about a way to work it out. If I can find it again I'll post the link.

Thanks very much Tingy...:-D

Hi there

these muppets will probably pass this on to the next bottom feeder in the chain - SCOT CALL who seem to do nothing but call people 24 hours a day --

With ANY of these DCA's always ask

1) THEIR AUTHORITY TO COLLECT THE DEBT --anybody can say xxx has asked me to collect yyy GBP but unless they prove it then it's just hot air. It's no good them just saying E_ON or whoever have passed this debt for collection. Without AUTHORITY from the original debt owner then it's just idle threats --they've picked up some "debts" for PENNIES in the pound and are trying to collect.

2) Check that the debt is actually YOURS and the AMOUNT is correct -- in this whole EVIL STINKING and IMMORAL industry excessive additional charges are quite commonplace.

If you think you want to pay something just offer around 10% for a Full and Final settlement --if they don't accept then just ignore.

Note that these muppets have NO REAL POWERS AT ALL -- they only operate by using fear tactics on "their hapless victims".

Cheers

jimbo

Hi there

RULE NR 1 with DCA's NO PHONE . ALWAYS IN WRITING.

If you have to answer the phone never clear their security -- after all what do these muppets think they are doing --they expect YOU receiving an UNSOLICITED CALL to give out highly personal and confidential information to an unknown 3RD PARTY at the other end of the phone who could be ANYBODY.

Even DCA's must surely realize people aren't so stupid these days.

Cheers

jimbo