• Tweets

• Topic moved to Financial legal Issues forum in view of the claim form. Topic title updated Please continue to post here, Andy   .
    • Hi, Purchased a car from Arnold Clark, Nottingham branch, on 5th April this year. Car was located in a different branch of Arnold Clark (Glasgow I believe) so was purchased on the standard proviso that it would be checked over by them etc.  Collected the car on 12th April, when I inspected it prior to handover it was noted that there was a ding/paint chip on the driver's door, a mark on the roof and damage to the screen of the infotainment (radio) where there was a chunk taken out of the touch screen. At the time I was told by the staff member who did the handover all these would be fixed as I had pointed them out to him, I even sent follow up photos of the damage a few days after. I drove the car away, signed the paper work etc. After some delays on their part the paint work was eventually booked in and fixed last Friday. The roof is still apparently being looked into (it's a standard wrap that appears to be a common issue with the car). The major issue here is the damage and chunk out of the touch screen infotainment system. This forms a major part of the car as you can change settings etc. in there. Arnold Clark are now advising me, after having a few people, including a manager there look at it, that they won't fix this, despite advising that they would during the handover. I have raised this with their internal complaints team but am receiving the same response. The general manager of the branch, who already had a very aggressive/blase attitude, which has been downright rude at points to this whole thing, treating it like's a trivial little mark. All this has left me with a very sour taste in my mouth and I'm now at a loss as to how to proceed and get this work repaired by them. Do I go to the Motor Ombudsman/finance company or? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give
    • You'll need to acknowledge service pretty sharpish then. I'm sure dx will pop up once you've filled in the template with the next steps.
    • It's possible, either way the OP's level of worry is far far higher, than any consequences.
    • Hi lolerz thanks for your reply. I'll fill this in when I get home. Just to let you know the 25/05/24 is incorrect I received the county court letter on fri 17/05/24
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Moorcroft chasing Lloyds loan now sold to 1st credit

intend
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

BB - pants is only place it finds itself these days

Re the PPI and sentinel - can find no reference to them anywhere in terms. I cannot see where they can be found.

Just about to read all 6 pages of terms - but could you advise of the significance of this.

Given son-in-laws past history think it worth a tenner to SAR and see if we can get some fees back sure lots of charges on both accounts.

Intend

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes defo worth the tenner, esp if there are other charges on their you can claim back?

Regarding the PPI and other ins, I'm a little out of my depth in this field, but as they are credit, I believe they should have their own separate section, regarding how much the PPI will cost over the life of the loan/credit, and this is then given it's own %rate, it should be separate to the actual credit itself? Does that make any sense?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

BB - yes - he had a Welcome finance loan with the PPI stated separately. Would tend to agree with you. Just had a beer and read and read the small print - def no mention of credit terms for PPI and Sentinel

Anybody help with this???

SAR going off this week

Never realised listening to Tom waits could cheer a man up so much:whoo:

Bump for advice on the PPI and Sentinel aspects of the CCA

Cheers

Intend

Just sent letter to LTSB asking for copy of DN.

Would still like advice on the PPi aspect of the terms.

Cheers Intend

Bumping again

can anybody advise on the CCA - should it have included terms for the PPI??

Cheers Intend

Have a look at the legal forum and ask in there see if someone can advise, you might like to link this thread to that in the legal forum.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update - no communication re the loan from Moorcroft or LTSB.

On the Credit Card just checked on line for credit card - appears they have added interest despite previous letter stating been served with default notice, agreement ended on 20/05/2009 and that as the agreement has ended no interest is being charged on the debt owing.

2 questions - should interest have stopped on 20/05/2009?? any links to DN procedures would be welcome

and - how should I respond to creidit card payment.

Cheers

Intend

OK, the DN they have issued is faulty BUT this can be rectified by them sending out a correct DN, for this you can thank Debt management companies and other unscrupulous so called debt help service....

Are you able to post the termination notice? IMO once an agreement has been terminated, then they are unable to continue adding intestate and charges simply because no such agreement exists between you and them .

Cheers BB

DN notice for loan - no terminationation notice for loan - a couple of leeters from LTSB re statemen of account and arrears details then template sh*T from Moorcrap.

With regards to Credit Card - as per post 19 - response to CCa included a Statemen of account - my query is when should interest have stopped - at 20/05/09 when DN issued or as at date of Statement of Account - as continued to add interest after both date.

Have no idea od significance of this - but about to write to Credit Card people quering latest cc staement.

Cheers for any advice

Intend

Have they requested the full amount of the balance yet? IF they have, then you can take it from that date that the account was terminated.

BB cheers for reply

For CC not asked for anything other that this months payment as per normal cc statement. Not sure how to proceed - payment the min. amount as normal or py nothing and write stating they have terminated accoun and should not be adding interest.

As for loan - nothing since failure letter in repsonse to Moorcraps failure to send the CCA

Intend

Not sure I follow? Have they sent you a default notice? And then did you rectify within the specified time period? So all you are paying now is the minimum amount as if you were still using the card?

Sorry BB

On the credit card - was paying as per normal, sent a CCA request - came back that had sent default notice May 2009 ( ws unaware of this) and that in covering letter the following

"Statement ofAccount, as at date of this letter ( which was 25/1/11)

As you have not made the required payments, you have been served with default notice. The agreement was ended on 20/05/2009 and the full balance owing became due. As such at the date of this letter, the full balance on the account is in arrears and due for payment. As the agreement is in arrears, there is no credit limit in place and no interest is being charged on the debt owing"

Can confirm interest has been charged since May 2009 ( have got copies of CC statements from LTSB - will claim charges when SAR comes back) Hence my dilemma on what to do next.

Hope this clears up any confusion

Intend

Just re-read letter from LTSB which came with CCA. Definitlely said the agreement ended on 20/05/2009. Presume that as of that dte no interest should have been charged. So am about to write letter asking for copy of the DN and documentation relating to termination of account and refund of all interest charges since that date - do have copies of sttements so dont need to wait for SAR.

Hope this action is sound. Nothing to lose unless advised otherwise.

Still all quite on the loan - Moorcroft gone back into their hole??

Cheers Intend

Cheers

Yes agreed, if they have terminated the agreement and still been charging interest then this must be refunded and taken of the total amount owing. OR simply deduct the charges and interest they have added on top, pay an amount suitable and comfortable to you, when you reach the amount you have worked out you owe, stop paying.

Cheers BB

My thoughts exactly - just started to add up interest charged since 20/05/2009, then brain kicked into gear (without alcohol, so impressed myself) so

- should I also 1 - claim the contractual interest on their interest charges??

2 - reclaim any late payment and overlimit fees plus contractual interest

3 - what would the position be on them setting aside payments from his current account to pay his credit card when the account had been terminated?? This is out of my depth but in doing so LTSB generated lots of OD charges on his account. Could these be reclaimed on the back of the agreement being terminated??

Perhaps CAGGER with much more knowledge then myself could advise.

Cheers Intend

General plea - anybody have links to an interest calculation tool so I can add the interest accurately to my claim

Cheers

Intend

Found a spreadsheet - just worked out claim well in to 4 figures with over £250 in contractual interest. Letter just about to be posted to reclaim. Will await with "interest" their response. Agreement ended - ould be the best thing they have done!!

Will think about the effect of them taking money from his current account and thus incurring charges over the weekend - meanwhile if nybody has any suggestions please post.

Cheers Intend

Quick up date - letter demanding refund of interest send recoreded delivery to LTSB card services.

Now planning how to settle some repyment plan - have latest monthly monthly statement requesting minimum payment of about £80 to reach by 17th 2011.

Was thinking of sending letter stating account has been terminated - wont pay this demand, advising when refunds credited outstanding amount will be £xxxx and will offer about 10% as full and final offer or about £5 per month for ever with a view to reducing the offer everytime they reject. The basis of this is I have just done an I&E calculation which shows no balance.

Good news is only creditor is now LTSB for cc and Loan. Still no news on latter after sent ccount in dispute letter to Moorcrap.

Daughter now sleeps much better after I discovered this site - ws worried sick that the repayments would go back up to over £200 this next month - very good news as she is 7 months pregnant and hubby working 12 hour shifts 6 days a week

Cheers Intend

My only bit of advice is that, it is NOT up to them to dictate how much YOU should pay them, it is YOU who TELLS them how much they will be receiving each week/month, they don't have to agree at all, but whatever figure is realistic and comfortable to pay, should be offered, and don't forget you need to have a life, this is not a priority, beer tokens are!

Once you have made an offer, whether they refuse it or not, simply pay it religiously each week/month, they will find it extremely difficult to put this in front of a DJ to force you to pay more.

If the account has been terminated, then that agreement does not exist, by that I mean they cannot continue to add, late payment fees or interest, or demand that you pay the 'minimum' payment, there is no minimum payment except for the token payment of £1 a month!

Cheers BB - sound advice as always. Thanks to you and this site people can now take control. Will cetinly be the one in control - paying what is affordable, letting them know this in no uncertain terms and letting them take whtever action they see fit to. As you state a DJ unlikely to increase this.

Will wait to see outcome of refund claim. Just finished letter to CC stating will be paying £5 a month as agreement has ended not the near £80 have been paying.

Good for you, do you have their bank details in order to set up a standing order?

Quick update - letter demanding refund of interest charged finally arrived and signed for (4day for the Post Office to do this). About to sent offer letter to LTSB - to card services and collections centre (2nd class post proof of delievery only as read tht is sufficent proof) with a full and final offer settlement (low) or monthly token payment. I did offer to send a copy of I&E but only if they indicated they would accept either of the offers, stating only a judge could demand to see one.

Now waiting for some action on the loan account. In the mean time going to look at the bank statement to see if charges incurred when they set of cc payments missed - sure be some - will then write another complaint demanding refund of all these charges.

Will keep all imformed - knowing I am in control makes it enjoyable to go after them. For any newcomers reading this - you must take control and just follow the advice given on this site, it empowers you.

Intend (going for a beer and some blues)

Re Post 66. Just had a look over bank statements - appears LTSB took out over £1000 from his current account to settle his CC after they terminated the account resulting more overdraft fees and charges.

My question is this - If the account is terminted can they legally take the money from his current account without agreement??

Would like some advice please, this is out of my knowledge. Instinct says they should not be alloewd and I'm inclined to complain and seek a refunf of the charges incurred as a result.

My start a new thread in the LTSB bank section to keep this action separte from other issues.

Cheers in advance of dvice to come

Intend

Bumping again

can anybody advise on the CCA - should it have included terms for the PPI??

Cheers Intend

In a word, yes. You should have been provided with the terms and conditions of the PPI separate to the loan.

If you consider this has been mis sold then you should be making a claim for a refund of the premiums.

Re Post 66. Just had a look over bank statements - appears LTSB took out over £1000 from his current account to settle his CC after they terminated the account resulting more overdraft fees and charges.

My question is this - If the account is terminted can they legally take the money from his current account without agreement??

Would like some advice please, this is out of my knowledge. Instinct says they should not be alloewd and I'm inclined to complain and seek a refunf of the charges incurred as a result.

My start a new thread in the LTSB bank section to keep this action separte from other issues.

Cheers in advance of dvice to come

Intend

Sadly, there is something called "offset" and yes they can do that. But the sum you have advised seems a bit excessive. You are advised to set up a parachute account with a bank that has no link to LTSB/HBoS.

Have a read of "Sequenci's Debt Blogs" linked in my signature. There is plenty of advice there. :)

• Confused 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks CitizenB - Think PPI missold and terms should have been included in CCA - Have just sent SAR off to LTSB and will start a PPI reclaim.

With regards to offset - well aware of th evils of this prachute account opened long ago has enabled life to go on. Ws just hoping as the CC account had been terminated then offset might not apply.

Will continue the fight - reclaim PPI and credit card charges.

Could you advise where on the site is best to get information on reclaiming PPI. OK with reclaiming CC charges - had some joy with CrapOne.

Intend

Sorry CitizenB - just reread you reply re PPI - this was from the Credit Card CCA. Will this make a difference.

Intend

Re Post from CB. Still minded to complain about their actions. Now worried a little - still has a current ccount which we have just managed to get into credit with. When tried to close the account they declined has he has a loan account. worried they might strt to offset his credit card against his current account and get into a spiral of charges again.

Is there anything we can do to avoid this??

Cheers Intend

Quick update - no real movement - just rec'd complaint reference letter re my complaint about passing loan to Moorcrap when we had agreement. Do't expect antthing to come from it will will keep them on their toes. No response yet to claim for refund of interest payments or about offer of settlement/repayment plan

Intend

Re Post from CB. Still minded to complain about their actions. Now worried a little - still has a current ccount which we have just managed to get into credit with. When tried to close the account they declined has he has a loan account. worried they might strt to offset his credit card against his current account and get into a spiral of charges again.

Is there anything we can do to avoid this??

Cheers Intend

If you keep your current account with a minimal balance, I am pretty certain they are not permitted to offset leaving you with a negative balance that would incur charges.

If the loan is paid for by way of a Direct Debit then you can cancel that and pay it by standing order or online transfer. They cannot refuse to cancel the Direct Debit, even if it is in favour of themselves.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D