Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks fuzzbutt..ive got the link and filled out the appropriate forms and sent them off today...things are looking up.....i was at such a loss that 3 weeks ago i went down to moorcroft with 2 grand cash and offered it them as a final payment, just to get this whole mess sorted and they said barclays had rejected the offer..im so glad they did now knowing what i know now cause im guessing i wouldnt have seen it again they would probably still have chased me..thanks again fuzzbutt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks fuzzbutt..ive got the link and filled out the appropriate forms and sent them off today...things are looking up.....i was at such a loss that 3 weeks ago i went down to moorcroft with 2 grand cash and offered it them as a final payment, just to get this whole mess sorted and they said barclays had rejected the offer..im so glad they did now knowing what i know now cause im guessing i wouldnt have seen it again they would probably still have chased me..thanks again fuzzbutt

There is also a group action on facebook if you need to talk to some more people

I received a letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery today. I had previously requested a 'Deed of Assignment'. They say : "We have enclosed the requested documentation. .... As we have complied etc etc we request you make contact to discuss your proposals for repaying this debt".

What they have enclosed is a photocopy of my loan agreement form.

My guess is that this is NOT adequate proof that they have been assigned the debt. I don't think it constitutes a 'Deed of Assignment'. Has anyone else received similar letters? Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Lowdown, you tend to be our go-to guy for these matters. Any ideas / thoughts would be welcome.

I received a letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery today. I had previously requested a 'Deed of Assignment'. They say : "We have enclosed the requested documentation. .... As we have complied etc etc we request you make contact to discuss your proposals for repaying this debt".

What they have enclosed is a photocopy of my loan agreement form.

My guess is that this is NOT adequate proof that they have been assigned the debt. I don't think it constitutes a 'Deed of Assignment'. Has anyone else received similar letters? Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Lowdown, you tend to be our go-to guy for these matters. Any ideas / thoughts would be welcome.

A DOA would be a legal signed document from BPF assigning [or selling] the debt over to Moorcroft.

What you have there is a...erm... erm a photo copy of an agreement between BPF and you. That has nothing to do with Moorcroft, unless they signed it on your behalf....Lol

Write back to Moorcroft asking for a DOA - not a copy of an agreement between you and BPF.

Should give you a few more weeks grace while they [Moorcroft] Google DOA.

Edited by lowdown

End dates and guarantors

For Guarantors - Hausfeld advise that if the Advent docs don’t show an end date for the course then it would be worth submitting a complaint into FOS yourself as the payee of the course to see what approach they take. Try and attach a statement to your complaint from your partner/family member who was the student about whether they were told the course was open ended or not and see what happens. They may not accept it on the basis that you are not the student, but if you signed the credit agreement on the basis of this, then there might be a chance.

Fuzzbutt Does this mean that if there are end dates then there is no chance?

Fuzzbutt Does this mean that if there are end dates then there is no chance?

I honestly don't know, Penny. We won't know for sure until someone tries it and reports back on the decision they are given, but FOS seem to be disregarding the argument that the course was sold as open-ended unless the agreement clearly has an empty end date box.

FOS seem to be unsure themselves on this whole Advent issue to judge from the variety of rejection replies people are apparently getting.

hi folks i got a phone call from my f.o.s adjudicator regarding the lack of start or end dates on my contract ,unfortunately i was at work at the time and couldn't

really get into it with her but basically she said that in the terms a cons it states that the contract start date is from when an official company representative has signed the form

on the company's behalf ,and in the absence of an end date the contract last for two years.

I'm not happy with this but don't no what else to do , yet more evidence of the underhand dealings advent used?

hi folks i got a phone call from my f.o.s adjudicator regarding the lack of start or end dates on my contract ,unfortunately i was at work at the time and couldn't

really get into it with her but basically she said that in the terms a cons it states that the contract start date is from when an official company representative has signed the form

on the company's behalf ,and in the absence of an end date the contract last for two years.

I'm not happy with this but don't no what else to do , yet more evidence of the underhand dealings advent used?

Did you point out that another fos adjudicator did not see it the same way?

hi lowdown ,yeah i sent letter to my adjudicator along with copies of my enrollment forms pointing out the fact one of

there own staff had found in our favor.Dont no whats goin on...maybe this person who had decision go there way just got lucky...or maybe i should try a different adjudicator?

Hi I am new here but going throo the same situation.how can I join your class action?Plz help.

Exactly, 10pack - the first edited post with details of the law firm's offer was left alone for months, and no PM was sent to me or the original author about it.

That initial post now reads...

'A BIG GLOBAL CLAIMANTS FIRM HAS OFFERED TO REPRESENT EX-ADVENT, ACCESS2TRADE and PROPERTY PROFESSIONALS STUDENTS ON A NO WIN-NO FEE BASIS AGAINST Barclays PARTNER FINANCE.'

Which says nothing about anything, not even contact Fuzzbutt directly for details. So where do inquirers go from there?

Now newcomers may not only miss the original thread if they don't see the first post above, but have no idea how they can join this class action (group representative action, as Hausfeld prefer to call it in UK) which we've got going. Where's the sense in that? Certainly doesn't help the consumer, although I can appreciate why MONEY-MAKING adverts for fly-by-night legal companies cashing in are not allowed here.

Did your enrollment form state there is a fixed term of 2 years. This has been raised in the past as not all of the enrollment forms are the same and some have a fixed term where others do not. For instance, my wife's enrollment form states that the end of the contract is the earlier of the end date (which is blank) on the enrollment form or the date of which the final exam is taken. There is no "fixed term" specified as the "term" states the period from the defined "start" to the defined "end".

my enrolement forms say that the contract start date is when someone signs the contract on behalf of the company and that the end date is 2 years from the contract start date .?

Did your enrollment form state there is a fixed term of 2 years. This has been raised in the past as not all of the enrollment forms are the same and some have a fixed term where others do not. For instance, my wife's enrollment form states that the end of the contract is the earlier of the end date (which is blank) on the enrollment form or the date of which the final exam is taken. There is no "fixed term" specified as the "term" states the period from the defined "start" to the defined "end".

Hey all. Just wondering does anyone one have a print out of the advent website when it first went into liquidation. I remember they had left a message that mentioned bout BPF pulling the funding. If any one does could u scan it and post it on this link. Thanks

Fuzzbutt is there any updates. Have BPF replied to last letter from Hausfeld yet. I thought they only had a set amount of time to reply.

Dear xxxx xxxxx

It is with the very greatest regret that I have to write to you to tell you that having tried our very best we have been unable to secure ongoing funding for the company and accordingly as matters currently stand we are unable to continue to provide your training.

Arrangements are being made for an insolvency practitioner to be appointed and I am sure you will be hearing from him. No doubt you will want to discuss the position with him or an adviser.

Yours sincerely

Advent Computer Training

Dear xxxx xxxxx

It is with the very greatest regret that I have to write to you to tell you that having tried our very best we have been unable to secure ongoing funding for the company and accordingly as matters currently stand we are unable to continue to provide your training.

Arrangements are being made for an insolvency practitioner to be appointed and I am sure you will be hearing from him. No doubt you will want to discuss the position with him or an adviser.

Yours sincerely

Advent Computer Training

I had this as an email from advent.. it arrived in my spam box.. never heard anything from barclays at the time..

I was so new with my loan application the paperwork had not caught up with me and the situation, which is why i wonder how the hell advent managed to get my loan aproved with me being unemployed as well.. they must have lied through their teeth to barclays.. or maybe barclays are lying to me about sending the money to advent?, we are talking a few weeks between me signing up and advent going bust.. how long did it take for advent to go bust from when barclays pulled their funding.. days or weeks?

LATEST REPLY FROM MOORCROFT :-

"I write in response to your recent communication in relation to the above account and can confirm we have been in contact with Barclays Partner Finance who have advised us that this account was not sold to us and there is no deed of assignment.

I can confirm that i have placed this account on hold for 2 weeks and request that you make contact with our call centre on the above telephone number to discuss a repayment proposal you can afford and maintain"

Rofl they just wont give up i gave them proof that the account with Barclays is in dispute and they admitted to not having a DOA....... payment proposal i can afford and maintain.......hmmmm...... £5 a month is what i could afford but im not paying them **** and Heres Why :-

1. I was lied to when i was offered the course

2. I was unemployed, couldn't get a £5000 loan but course went through.....credit checked?.....ermmmm. no

3. Promised a job with the their dedicated careers team

4. Barclays cut funding for Advent hence we're in this situation

5. We weren't given a choice of service providers, just forced to go with Computeach

6. Alternate course is not like for like

So im asking, why is it so hard to cancel the agreement? Why can't some of us get our money back? If Barclays wins the case then i'm filing for bankruptcy cos this is all getting on my nerves

Unfortunately patience is key while its sorted. My credit rating is ruined until its all sorted and yes we all knows its a farce, but we will win the case and im hoping more action is taken upon barclays afterwards too.

P.s thanks for all the hard work and effort fuzz, very much a hero in my eyes.

Unfortunately patience is key while its sorted. My credit rating is ruined until its all sorted and yes we all knows its a farce, but we will win the case and im hoping more action is taken upon barclays afterwards too.

P.s thanks for all the hard work and effort fuzz, very much a hero in my eyes.

I agree with you on all points, I had a prefect credit rating before all this.

barclays caused much of this (as well as advent), barclays has not bothered to co-operate with any of their customers over this.

not once have barclays asked me how they can help? or asked what do I want?

I feel that if they had offered options.. that to me would have been reasonable, but all we have had is.. take it or else!! with nothing but threats and demands.. barclays have to take the blame in this.

Edited by 10pack

Please contact OFT with your FOS decision letter. They are interested to hear the results of complaints and wrote to me...

"We have noted the details of your complaints and will continue to monitor the situation. We would, however, be interested in receiving further details of individual complaints where a Court or the FOS has upheld complaints against BPF. Likewise we would be interested in receiving updates with regard to the group legal action you are involved with. Updates can be sent to [email protected]. Complaint information is vital to the OFT as it helps us to monitor the conduct of licensees and to determine whether licensing action is appropriate."

Please Email [email protected] with a brief explanation and details of your decision.