• Tweets

• These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
    • I would say You should accept it - I HIGHLY doubt you will  be able to claim for letters at trial ans they’re offering you that, which is higher monetary value than interest.   Also they raise a good point, getting interest at anything above 4% is lucky these days, yes judges give it, but rarily above 4%   Also you might find depending on the judge  you don’t get some costs if you take it all the way over £7.40 when court woukdnt award letters costs and thus meaning their award would be less than evris offer which was made    Up to you though but the wait will be 3-4mo for a trial date at least
    • Hi Folks, Been 162 days! Just by way of update. Today I received a text from Opos Ltd so no doubt Capquest are renting the debt out to anybody who fancies a nibble. Safe to say I will not be responding.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok - cheers. Guess I misread it.

So can these debt collectors be held accountable and prosecuted at all, is my question I guess.

I have had a Notice of Pending Legal Action from H L Legal and Collections, apparently on behalf of their client Apex Credit Management Limited,. They are demanding the outstanding sum PLUS all the interest. Unless they receive payment in the next seven days or a valid reason for non-payment they are going to take me to court. They are instructed not to enter into correspondence with me at this stage, but to refer me to Apex on the number stated.

Has anyone else had this letter? Should I send a copy to Hausfeld? I am beginning to panic now as I have seen no posts here for quite a while. Where has everyone gone?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Penny Mitchell

I had same sort of letter couple of weeks ago. I rung Apex and explained why I wasnt paying and they just asked me to send all information to back my argument. I sent all letters sent and received between myself and BPF plus news articles and emails from other sources. I sent them by recorded delivery and I havent heard from them since.

Dont know if its a good sign or not

They are instructed not to enter into correspondence with me at this stage, but to refer me to Apex on the number stated.

Interesting little line there.

It seems HL legal rent out their letter heads to other companies [Like APEX] and i am not joking by the way. [just check this site or Google them]

HL Legal & Collections are also a debt collection agency.

One thing to remember - if someone wants to take you to court, they must be sure they are totally in the right.

In the case of BPF/ADVENT....no one is sure. Even the fos can not make up their minds.

Some findings have gone with the students [not many] but enough to convey some doubt over all this.

Edited by lowdown

I noticed its gone a bit quiet on the site.. need to bump it up a little for the search engines

free (negative) advertising

Advent computer training (Rest In Pain)

Barclays partner finance

Clydesdale bank

Computeach

what these companies have is angry customers..

Happy easter everyone else on the planet

I noticed its gone a bit quiet on the site.. need to bump it up a little for the search engines

free (negative) advertising

Advent computer training (Rest In Pain)

Barclays partner finance

Clydesdale bank

Computeach

what these companies have is angry customers..

Happy easter everyone else on the planet

Happy Easter to you too.

Re. my last post about H L Legal, Apex have replied to my letter asking for DOA saying" Apex Credit Management are not the data holding branch and are therefore not obliged to supply the data you have requested, this information should be requested from our clients. Please contact our client directly for a copy of your credit agreement; I have enclosed your £1 postal order received for this data. Our clients address is detailed below:

Barclaycard Partner Finance

9000 Academy Park

Gower Street

Glasgow

G51 1PR

Who's Barclaycard Partner Finance - have they changed their name?

Does anyone have any advice about where to go next. Perhaps I should just send all the correspondence to the lawyers?

Why did you write asking for a DOA (deed of assignment)? You'll not get hold of this unless you sue and make a specific cpr request. Also, there probably isn't one for these accounts.

This is how the game goes.

They [On behalf of BPF] send you threats with rubbish, and often by more than one DCA at a time.

You send them rubbish back [DCA] They put the account on hold [usually two weeks]

When the DCA [or DCA's] in question do not get any where [bearing in mind they are only bounty hunters and do need to earn, time is not on their side]

They send the account back to BPF - who try someone else.

The aim of the game [ i think] is to let BPF take you to court and chance their arm.

Right/wrong/ stupid - who knows/cares.

On a personal level when this all started last year, i made BPF a small modest monthly offer until something was resolved,

After some handbags they agreed.

Just had a response from the fos [ they are now looking into my claim but they are busy and it will take a while]

Because of me paying a small modest amount it has kept BPF and their laughable tacky little know nothing 'say anything against guide lines to earn a quid' DCA, call center bonus hunting friends at bay, or in fact come anywhere near me.

So it has worked in my favour [for the moment]

Edited by lowdown

Happy Easter to you too.

Re. my last post about H L Legal, Apex have replied to my letter asking for DOA saying" Apex Credit Management are not the data holding branch and are therefore not obliged to supply the data you have requested, this information should be requested from our clients. Please contact our client directly for a copy of your credit agreement; I have enclosed your £1 postal order received for this data. Our clients address is detailed below:

Barclaycard Partner Finance

9000 Academy Park

Gower Street

Glasgow

G51 1PR

Who's Barclaycard Partner Finance - have they changed their name?

Does anyone have any advice about where to go next. Perhaps I should just send all the correspondence to the lawyers?

Barclaycard are the parent company of Barclays partner finance as far as i am aware.

which for me is of interest I was given a loan by BPF middle of December 2009 even though I was unemployed.

About 8 months earlier that year I was refused on an application for a card by barclaycard, even though I was in full time work at that time.

I bet if i had applied for a card in the December 2009 at the same time as my enrollment at Advent, it too would have been refused.. so how was it that I was given a loan by BPF??

Hey all for people with Apex on your back they were on mine. They asked me to send all information to them saying why I would not pay, and anything I had to back my argument so I sent all letters between myself and BPF along with emails from advent, a few of the newspaper articles and owt else I had. I havent heard back from them yet. Il keep people posted.

Happy Easter all

"I want them to write off my loan and repair the damage they have done to my credit rating (something they was doing even while they was looking into my complaints)" exactly how I feel! My credit history was fine before+now because of their greed it is causing so many so much trouble! Makes me laugh how all these corporate companies r the first 2 train their staff that "the customer = ur boss" meaning we r right etc yet in THIS case we r receiving nothing+no solution / compromise...just harrassment from debt collectors and the same old same old from BPF! Guess this is the world we r living in these days+if u look over history about trading+how money evolved its clear 2c how the banks actually need US! The customer! If everybody or the majority of people who banked with barclays went 2 withdraw ALL their savings on the same day this would most likely NOT be possible because our money, like r names, r all numbers on a system. The fact barclays use their name, the fact they're a multi-million / billion (whatever) company as power against us and r debts or small savings is disgusting, but we are living in the end times so its no suprise to me to be honest. I just hope justice is found, I don't want their compensation, or money or anything as a gesture of good will, I want my good credit restored+that is all, im not lowering myself to their level.in regards 2 a post about court that I read also this morning, I think u could pose the same question 2 barclays! I have received a couple of "this is your last chance" letters / yellow slips+a bit like when a parent just threatens a child but never acts on it, u lose ur power! Stand strong+keep calm peeps, the truth always comes to light...sometimes it doesn't always get well known because certain people feel shame! Lol.

I'm just putting together a bulletin on the next step, having spoken/emailed at length with Ingrid over the past couple of weeks. Just waiting for confirmation and I'll then be posting it.

Hey fuzz I am on your mailing list with Hausfield and have read on here from the beginning but haven't really posted much as I can only access it whilst at work.

Is there any update on this bulletin and when it will go out?

I have had APEX and H L Legal Collections write to me so have sent them a letter each advising the account is still in dispute.

Has anybody else not heard anything from Barclays in over a year? I wrote to them originally last march requesting my account to be closed etc etc and they replied with Computeach so I replied requesting my account to go in to dispute at the beginning of May. All letters sent recorded delivery and the only thing I have had from Barclays since is an annual statement. Absolutely no correspondence at all.

Ive had the same DCA's attempt to contact me and APEX and H L Legal being the latest. Really sick now.

Hey fuzz I am on your mailing list with Hausfield and have read on here from the beginning but haven't really posted much as I can only access it whilst at work.

Is there any update on this bulletin and when it will go out?

I'm waiting on the final version of the open letter to all the students from Ingrid, giving advice on the next step. She's asked me to post the reply from Barclays at the same time so people can read it all together. That way it will make more sense. Should be just after the bank hols now.

Barclays have shamefully taken 3 months to give a full reply, and they are still insisting they are in the right.

Barclays have shamefully taken 3 months to give a full reply, and they are still insisting they are in the right.

Banks always insist their right and they won't back down because all they care about is the money and nothing else

Could this be evidence of the job placement promise?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27307[/ATTACH]

I have several of those promises - they are now with the fos along with my pages of complaints.

I have also pointed out to the fos, that BPF's claim to have supplied a 'Like for like' COMPUTER course....

Is not the same as supplying a 'Like for like'...........

'Systems Engineer Course'!!

Hi, long time reader here but this is only my first time posting.

I came across the links to this discussion on Fuzzbutts site (thanks Fuzzbutt) its a godsend that I just happened to stumble across Fuzzbutts details.

Just to let you know I am in the process of writing to my MP, and the FOS, how many times previously I forget.

It was only by chance I found these updates, I thought everyone had just given up on it. I was wondering if it would do any harm or if it would be a good idea to try and get some more publicity about this i.e informing the national newspapers.

Hi, long time reader here but this is only my first time posting.

I came across the links to this discussion on Fuzzbutts site (thanks Fuzzbutt) its a godsend that I just happened to stumble across Fuzzbutts details.

Just to let you know I am in the process of writing to my MP, and the FOS, how many times previously I forget.

It was only by chance I found these updates, I thought everyone had just given up on it. I was wondering if it would do any harm or if it would be a good idea to try and get some more publicity about this i.e informing the national newspapers.

Glad you found this thread, bjs2910.If you want to write to the press the Daily Mirror team, Penman and Sommerlad Investigates, have run articles on this in the past and been very supportive. I've sent mass-mails to every daily paper letters page, also Watchdog and Rip Off Britain....the more voices the merrier and will help raise the profile of our situation.

Wish I could say I am surprised, it took them 3 months to decide that computeach was our 'acceptable' training provider too, I wish I could see the light at the end of the tunnel for this :/

FUZZBUTT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Individual court action against Barclays Partner Finance (trading as Clydesdale)

I have now been contacted by Hausfeld and have been given an open letter to all the student from the law firm, explaining what they feel our next best move is. This may not be what everyone was expecting and hoping for but, after spending many months going through all the documents students have supplied with a fine toothcomb, and challenging Barclays Partner Finance on their claims, Hausfeld feel this is the only realistic way forward for those who have not taken up the Computeach offer.

Barclays flatly deny that they have done anything wrong and have taken nearly three months to even reply to Hausfeld's last letter. They are refusing to negotiate or discuss sensibly in any way our complaints and Hausfeld have been unable to come up with a 'one size fits all' legal case, due the wide variety of people's individual circumstances of sign up terms, loan agreements and so forth. Many of you have already found this out through the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) complaints process (especially those who signed as Guarantors) but some people have had success with FOS complaints, notably those who have no end date entered on their Advent course agreement, and they have won refunds from Barclays via FOS.

Hausfeld now advise everyone take up an individual court action against Barclays. The open letter from the lawyer explains this all fully and Ingrid urges everyone to read the open letter and also Hogan Lovell's last reply (letter dated 29 March 2011) to guide you in putting your case together. These are both posted on the 'Case Updates' page of my bulletin website.

I will stress that this does not mean Hausfeld will not take up a group action on our behalf again in the future, should Barclays make approaches to them that they are willing to negotiate some settlement for the group. The door will remain open and Ingrid will stay in touch with myself and is keen to hear if anyone has a successful ruling in their local court (so please keep me informed).

It's now up to each of us to follow through and I'd personally like to thank Hausfeld for all the behind the scenes work they've done so far, at no charge, for us all.

Edited by Fuzzbutt

Hi Fuzzbutt,

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued and relentless work of liaison with Ingrid at Hausfeld and the exceptional input of information to keep us all up to date via your excellent website. Really so grateful to you Fuzz.

I am sorry we haven't had the outcome we hoped for but rightly so if there is doubt as to a failure in the High Court then we could all be liable for a massive amount of court charges and that would be catastrophic.

We haven't been able to get through to anyone that Computeach are not suitable and I for one would not choose them as the adverse reports from current unhappy students is testament enough but no-one will listen.

I am so sick of it all and have arrived at so many dead ends it becomes so daunting. That of course is the tactics of large corporate bullies is to wear the target down. So on we fight and my problem with the small claims court has been first of all it's a Guarantor situation secondly the threshold is £5000 and I am now at over £11.000 and rising with charges so ??? I will continue to fight I have no choice and no money anyway.

I wonder how Aaron got on with his little group wish he had let us know one way or the other.

Thank you to Everyone who has contributed to this Thread for over 1year . I am very low so I hope someone has some Ideas how to proceed. I So Hate The Banks and what Barclays Partner Finance has done to us it's Criminal.

County Court claim

1. "Claims under £5,000 can be dealt with on the small claims track where individuals can represent themselves and there should in usual circumstances be no risk of having to pay costs to Clydesdale if the claim should fail. " ---- this means - everyone has a debt more than 5000 - if you lose you have to pay charges for the court and all debt to Barclays.

2. In County Court individuals can represent themselves - this means you (ordinary people) have to protect yourself from strong force of Barclays Lawyers :)

Only one justice in this country is MONEY - Barclays has money - you are not - you will lose.

How many people can employ a good lawyer? I do not mean useless "no win no fee" lawyers. Go to the court by yourself the same thing like go into the cell with lion. You must be lucky to survive :)