HSBC Loan PPI mis-sold **WON**

robert_harper_2000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had send a letter asking for refund of PPI and they returned letter explaining would reply soon. Next reply said he had been trying to call me and wants to talk to discuss matters.

Is he going to get me to end up agreeing with him or what

Could someone pm with a clever reply

Thanks, any help would be really appreciated. Rob

Help me to help others!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. tell him to put his concerns in writing.

If he insists on a meeting then tell him in writing that you want an agenda.

Otherwise he can do the other thing.

OK so literally just write a letter saying

please put any concerns in writing.

Is that it? I'm really glad this website is here, somewhere people can actually get help from these banks ripping off people. I've told literally everyone I know about this site.

I bet this site will make such a difference, although surprised whoever owns this site hasn't been offered money to walk away lol

Help me to help others!

yes - just that in the letter

Hello

I have been trying in vain to get my useless insurance refunded. I wrote the template that has been going around explaining insurance was mis-sold.

Not sure if this counts but bascially I am saying my insuranace was mis-sold as it is no good to me due to the fact I work at my fathers business and live at home. This means I won't be made unemployed & won't lose my home.

The template letter suggested you need to be self-employed etc.

What angle should I continue? The replys have been that there is no evidence of mis-selling. Should I say it is mis-sold as it is no good and explain I was to continue to any appeals process?

Help guys PLEAASE this is worth £600 a lot of money.

Help me to help others!

I have been trying in vain to get my useless insurance refunded. I wrote the template that has been going around explaining insurance was mis-sold.

Not sure if this counts but bascially I am saying my insuranace was mis-sold as it is no good to me due to the fact I work at my fathers business and live at home. This means I won't be made unemployed & won't lose my home.

The template letter suggested you need to be self-employed etc.

What angle should I continue? The replys have been that there is no evidence of mis-selling. Should I say it is mis-sold as it is no good and explain I was to continue to any appeals process?

Help guys PLEAASE this is worth £600 a lot of money.

Help me to help others!

Well they said would cancelled insurance for rest of loan paying back almost nothing of what it costs even though i still have 2 out of the 3 years on the loan!

Also said would have to do the loan re-setting the interest!

Bascially can't cancel the loan....

Help me to help others!

I received my statements, added the fines together but sent the letter before action which included the the interest. I sent the letter by recorded delivery.

Will this invalidate my claim as I was suppose to send the perlimnary approach first.... oops... I still have heard nothing. I wrote explaining I would action court by 14 days ( 14 - 4 - 06 ).

Can I still action court or should I send a perlimnary approach ?

Thanks

Help me to help others!

Hello mate, I did this by accident with my first letter too, I still got the standard response from them about the amount. What I then did when I sent my letter before action was included a line revising the requested amount and stating it was because I was not claiming interest at this stage.

UPDATE -

Claim submitted, HSBC have until May 13th to Acknowledge.

Nope - the letter before action should be enough.

You have asked for the money back within a set time limit - if they do not return it in that time limit, then start proceedings.

The only reason there is the Pre-lim is just to be able to prove you did everything within your power to resolve the issue without resorting to legal action.

It doesn't matter though - you have written and asked. If they still choose to have a court decide the matter then that's up to them.

They will pretend that this is what they want, when the reality is that it's the last thing they want. A court would decide in your favour, IMO, and then the publicity would be huge.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I don't know, but if it's a registered office of theirs, I would imagine that it's fine to send correspondence to.

Although, send it recorded - banks seem to have developed a habit of losing letters of late.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I've received statements, accidently sent off the letter before action as opposed to the perliminary letter ... opps! but you guys said it makes little difference.

You say I should receive some reply. I've had no reply. Nothing

I sent it recorded to Beaumont but worried about court. Everything will be fine for me to carry onto court isn't it?

Help me to help others!

If they have not responded in the timeframe then just proceed to court claim.

At this stage, don't forget your 8% interest...

You'll be fine!!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well Done!!

I would accept and continue for the rest. The money is rightfully yours.

Good Luck, keep us posted.

P.S Who did you send your 2nd letter to after you received your statements??

I am at this stage now.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks