go locate fuel

alandted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Philippa and welcome to CAG

You should find plenty of help here so you can seek a refund. Just read through the thread.

I've edited your post as the Site cannot carry any derogatory remarks - they put our whole Site at risk.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Would ALL CONTRIBUTORS please note.............

Even though it looks like this company is failing to carry out it's contractual obligations, CAG cannot allow defamatory remarks to be posted about the company or the individuals who appear to be involved.

Phrases like Con Men, Con Artists, Sc@mmers, Thieves, etc - they all put our Site at risk.

Thanks. 8-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi I have had the same problem with glocate. Ordered 28 Jan with debit card, money taken a few days later. Recieved email with ref No. but no further contact despite emails & tel ( no reply ) asking for a delivery date. My wife found this site today and I have now contacted bank fraud dep. they said I would need to wait 30 days.

Then I contacted actionfraud.org.uk. They are aware of this company and have now given me a crime Number.

I have contacted the bank again and given them the crime number so that they can now take action straight away.

I will post updates when I get more info

Thanks for info on this site & actionfraud.org.uk

Hi Dastardly and welcome to CAG

Please let us know what happens with your case.

8-)

My bank were excellent (First Direct). I paid on Visa fortunately and the bank refunded almost instantly when I contacted them. They also rang a couple of weeks ago to inform me that GoLocate had refunded them. Unfortunately, because thecompany appears to have gone out of business, fairly pointless in starting small claims court proceedings for the difference between what I had to pay to a local supplier (with the December price hike) compared to what I had been quoted at the same time as my quotation from GoLocate.

Hello Sailor,

Given the circumstances, just be v happy you got the refund so quickly.

I'm not sure if GoLocateFuel are still in business or not. There's been very little said about them closing so any confirmation would be good.

Even if they were still in business, claiming against GLF for the price difference may not be as straightforward as you think. It would really depend on whether you had a contract with them to supply at a specified price and time. They appear to avoid making such undertakings as past of their Modus Operandi.

8)

Hello Sailor,

Given the circumstances, just be v happy you got the refund so quickly.

I'm not sure if GoLocateFuel are still in business or not. There's been very little said about them closing so any confirmation would be good.

Even if they were still in business, claiming against GLF for the price difference may not be as straightforward as you think. It would really depend on whether you had a contract with them to supply at a specified price and time. They appear to avoid making such undertakings as past of their Modus Operandi.

8)

Thanks for that. I was reaching the conclusion that it was reaching the too difficult category. Guess it has to be put down to an expensive lesson! Problem is that with the hikes in fuel prices, people are trying to find the best deals and that leaves them open to apparently unscrupulous companies. The irritation is that I tried them as they were recommended on a well-known money saving site - I notice they have now, at last, been deleted from it!

Wish I'd seen all this before! Have reported the company to trading standards and at actionfraud.org.uk. Have also rated the website as potentially dangerous at Norton (symantec). Amazingly it is still a Google sponsored ad - will contact them later today! Here's wishing everyone luck in getting their money back.

• 2 weeks later...

I placed an order for1000 liters of oil on the 21feb 2011 i got an email from this company giving me a referance number but have not recived the oil but they have not taken the money from my account.after reading the forums regarding this company i today spoke with my bank putting them in the picture ,siging off hoping my money will be ok

Hi Yddets and welcome to CAG.

Contact your bank's fraud dep't tomorrow and confirm that you need to stop GoLocateFuel taking any money from your a/c.

Confirm that you've just discovered there are many customers who have experienced the same problems and if there is not fraud involved, then the company is certainly very bad at what they do.

If they are still in business, you should ensure they cannot take money from your bank under the consent given last month.

I would also, as a precaution, tell the bank you need a new card to be issued.

8-)

Edited by slick132
added last sentence

Re Golocate.

I contacted my bank fraud department on the 19 Feb 2011 to report Golocate problems. They sent forms to claim return of money.

On Friday 4 March I recieved a letter to say they are in touch with Golocates bank, and have now credited the money back to my account.

They have said that Golocates bank may also refund the money, then my bank would, of course, reclaim the money they had credited.

It is possible Golocate could deliver the fuel ( very doubtful )

I have to say Lloydstsb have been very helpfull and kept me informed.

A big thanyou to CAG and other users for advice.

Edited by dastardlydog
wrote same words twice

Hi Yddets - you're very welcome and let us know how you get on.

Hi DastardlyDog - This is excellent news and I'm very pleased that your money has been refunded.

I have to say it is very good to see here how often the banks have been pro-active and prompt in getting money back for their customers.

If they could get a few of their Fraud Resolution team to go and work in Customer Relations or Customer Services, things might just change for the better !!

8-)

The number quoted in post #17 is for an alternative supplier (Home Fuels Direct) who is not connected with GLF

Original post edited as it made incorrect assertions

Edited by slick132
Phone number quoted was to use as a good alternative supplier

Dear members of the Consumer Action Group,

I am the Managing Director of Homefuels Direct Ltd and I can see from many post made to this website there are a lot of concerned Go Locate Customers and I understand entirely the worries and anger especially when there have been many people who have paid money for fuel and have not received anything.

I would like to make clear the position of Homefuels Direct with relation to Go Locate Fuels, We Homefuels Direct were a supplier to Go Locate Fuels of which there were many suppliers that they used. I would like to clarify that we no longer supply to Go Locate Fuel because of the position they find themselves in.

It is important that I confirm that Homefuels Direct is a completely separate business and has no management links to Go Locate Fuel we were merely a supplier to a business that has come into hard times and cannot be held responsible for the errors of Go Locate Fuels.

I hope that I have clarified our position and alleviated any concerns that people may have about Homefuels Direct, we are a reputable online fuel supplier with a huge focus on customer service.

Yours Sincerely

Christopher Bicknell

Managing Director

Homefuels Direct Ltd

Edited by Homefuels Direct Ltd

Dear members of the Consumer Action Group,

I am the Managing Director of Homefuels Direct Ltd and I can see from many post made to this website there are a lot of concerned Go Locate Customers and I understand entirely the worries and anger especially when there have been many people who have paid money for fuel and have not received anything.

I would like to make clear the position of Homefuels Direct with relation to Go Locate Fuels, We Homefuels Direct were a supplier to Go Locate Fuels of which there were many suppliers that they used. I would like to clarify that we no longer supply to Go Locate Fuel because of the position they find themselves in.

It is important that I confirm that Homefuels Direct is a completely separate business and has no management links to Go Locate Fuel we were merely a supplier to a business that has come into hard times and cannot be held responsible for the errors of Go Locate Fuels.

I hope that I have clarified our position and alleviated any concerns that people may have about Homefuels Direct, we are a reputable online fuel supplier with a huge focus on customer service.

Yours Sincerely

Christopher Bicknell

Managing Director

Homefuels Direct Ltd

Thank you

That is very helpful

Hi HomeFuelsDirect (Christopher Bicknell),

Post edited - post #116 above made incorrect assertions.

Thanks 8-)

Edited by slick132

Hi HFD (Chris Bicknell),

I see now that someone published your phone number at post #17, as a means of contacting you (as the supplier) direct, thus avoiding GLF.

Then post #116 made the wrong assumption that the 2 companies were connected.

So, as you say, there is no connection between you and GLF and thank you for clarifying this.

8)