What are my rights on undelivered goods

catpower
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First of all i'm sorry if i have come to the wrong place. If i have can someone redirect me.

Earlier this year, i joined DisneyMovieRewards.co.uk scheme. When you buy Disney related products, you are given a code with X amount of points. These points can be redeemed for goods. I redeemed my points for a large cuddly soft toy on 5th June 2010 and was advised delivery would be in 4-6 weeks. After 8 weeks i emailed them and advised of non delivery, to which they replied that there had been a technical problem and i would need to wait a couple more weeks. I have still not received my item and they are no longer replying to my emails.

What can i do?

why would they want to cancel? the op obviously wants their free gift........

Time to write a complaint - send recorded delivery

3 Queen Caroline Street, Hammersmith. London, W6 9PE

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

The question was "what can I do?" not "what do I want to do?" and a complaint would already appear to have been made:

After 8 weeks i emailed them and advised of non delivery, to which they replied that there had been a technical problem and i would need to wait a couple more weeks.

The general idea of cancelling a contract under the DSRs is to cut the losses. The time and trouble it takes to chase it all up could otherwise cost more than the value of the item.

:sad:

Hello again,

I have spoken to consumerdirect and they have advised to write a letter using such terms as "making time of the essence" and that if i dont receive delivery then i can hold them in breach of contract.

This is a quick draft. Can you please let me know if what im doing is correct and what is the likely outcome?

To Disney Etc,

On the 5th of June 2010, i placed an order with you for a 5ft Soft Toy Heffalump.

It was agreed between us that you would make delivery of the above in 4-6 weeks. To date you have not supplied me with the goods.

I am now making time of the essence in this contract and expect delivery within the next 10 to 14 days or i will hold you in breach of the contract, at which time i will expect you to reimburse me with all my reward points and i will seek compensation for monies spent by me on promotional produts, which you enticed me to buy with the offer of rewards that you have failed to deliver.

I look forward to hearing from you in the next 7 days

Yours

XXXX