Cabot/Morgan Solicitors, county court claim received help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

F.A.O Andyorch.

Is there any chance you could pop over to this thread and give some advice. I'm still learning so my input is limited.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?279301-Cabot-Morgans-**COURT-PAPERS-ISSUED**

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they have sent out a copy of the statements and one dated 26/6/10 states minimum payment due £6,713 and balance £9,414.03, They are claiming the £9,414.03 which the total outstanding. Sorry I do not know what a DSAR. even though the card was from 1999, they have only sent specific details from 2002. before that period you can see money being reduced and with an initial credit limit of £4,900, then in 2000 limit goes up to £6,900, then in 2002 upto £8.900 then finally in 2005 upto £9,900 with quite a few overlimit charges and late payment charges. i made my last £1 payment in feb 2008.

I still haven't had a copy of the DN notice from Cabot and no deed of assignment . They say in the letter they have requested from cap, but have not sent me the one they should have sent to me. Sorry I have no kept original statements.

Thanks for your help

Gary

No Gary if you read carefully they have requested a copy of the DoA/NoA and T&Cs, your not getting a Default Notice because they state none has ever been issued,thats my point its nonsense, Cap will have issued one, and one of them has to to enable litigation.That is the bases of your defence no DN issued along with unfair charges and interest applied to an account that is in arrears.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ok I'm slowly catching on ( i think)

So for them to take me to court they needed to issue a dn, even though they say they are only claiming the arrears, which they haven't as they say so in the letter,

So do I just write to the court in my defence with a copy of the letter and say they are in breach of the Consumer Credit act 1974 as they haven't issued a DN and should have?

Or am I not catching on???

Gary

Your catching on:wink: But we will polish it a tad more and include the unfair charges and interest.What date do you have to submit your defence.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I have to get it to the court for friday, so will send recorded thursday this week.

Will they not just start all over again and issue a default notice and in 4 weeks we will be back to square one, or am i just living a life of being to pessimistic

Thank you Gary

Hi Andy

I have now looked at the equifax report, it shows cabot defaulting on the account in 7/3/2009, :whoo:there is no mention of Cap one on either equifax or experian. Hopefully chat later today. gary

Told you Gary they are taking the proverbial, find one untruth and you will find a plethora of faults.

Regards

Andy

We will wait until the guests decrease Gary before we commence.:wink:

The particulars of calim are as follows

The claimant is the Assignee of a debt(s) from Capital one.

Credit car reference XXXXXXX

Notice of Assignment having been given to the Defendant in writing. Despite demand for payment, 9414.03 remains due. The claimant claims 9704.03 and interest under s.69 county courts Act 1984 and cost

Gary

Just bump this forward Gary

Nothing to worry its for me to refer to instead of referring back8)

Gary you are going to post this you say, just out of curiosity why not submit on line?

Ok leave it with me Ill post if im unsure of anything. Just need to get my defence drafting head on:wink:

Regards

Andy

No no need you can add the header and case number and statement of truth before you print it off.

Andy

DEFENCE

The Defendant denies that he is liable to the Claimant as alleged in the Particulars of Claim, or at all.

It is averred that the Claimant has failed to serve a Notice of Assignment in accordance with section 136(1), of the Law of Property Act 1925, in respect of the alleged debt.

The amount detailed in the Claimant’s claim, includes Unfair charges and Interest , which are unlawful at Common Law under The Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Accordingly, the inclusion of penalty charges in the purported Notice of Assignment, which as yet to be furnished, renders it entirely legally unenforceable. The Claimant has failed to comply with section 136(1) of the Law of Property Act 1925, by furnishing a Notice of Assignment in respect of that which is denied, that would be inaccurate.

It is therefore averred that the Defendant does not know the case that has to be met and the Particulars of Claim neither disclose any cause of action with any reasonable prospect of success and/or are an abuse of the process of this Court and, in compliance with the Civil Procedure Rules can and should be struck out pursuant to part 3.4 of the same.

Furthermore, the Defendant contends that the Claimant’s conduct in issuing this claim is vexatious and amounts to unlawful harassment, pursuant to section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.

Regarding that which is denied, on the 6th October 2010 , a request was made under the Civil procedure Rules 31.12 and 16.4(2), to obtain information purporting to the Claimants Claim that the alleged debt refers to. It was sent by recorded delivery to the Claimant, It was received on the XX October 2010. The Claimant had seven working days from receipt of the request, in which to furnish a credit agreement, Default Notice and Notice of Assignment.

In response to the request, a letter dated the 27th October 2010, was received from the Claimants.(See Exhibit 1A). Inclusion was an application form and nothing further except an explanation that they have requested a copy of the NoA/DoA from the Assigner.It is denied that the document furnished is a copy of a credit agreement as averred by the Claimant. The Claimant has provided an application form which is not a credit agreement within the meaning of sections 60 and 61 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Accordingly, having failed to produce a credit agreement within the requisite timescale or at all.The Defendant further avers in respect of that which is denied, that the document furnished is a breach of section 59(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Furthermore they also explain in great detail that no Default Notice was ever served by the Assigner or Assignee nor was one required as they are only claiming the arrears of any alleged debt.(see Exhibit 1A)

The Defendant denies that there has been any failure to make payment in accordance with the alleged contract. The Claimant has failed to produced a copy of a credit agreement in the requisite timescale or at all, and in the absence of such an agreement, which conforms to sections 60 and 61 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the Defendant avers that no Default Notice was ever served, as confirmed in the above Assignees response, for there to have been any failure to make said payment.

Notwithstanding the above The claimant has not provided any documents to support the particulars of claim and as such have shown no provision within any terms and conditions of any alleged account which would allow interest to be applied after the termination of either account,infact they state that they are not seeking to Terminate said agreement therefore as the Claimant has not provided proof of the debt or the sums claimed the Defendant denies the Claimants claim for interest pursuant to s.69 of the county court Act 1984 and be denied.

The Claimant, possessing no legal right claim monies allegedly owed, have acted unlawfully in informing and registering said Notice with Credit Reference Agencies,even though they state quite categorically thet no Default Notice or Arrears Notice was ever deemed or required to be served. Such conduct is a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 and amounts to defamation.

The Claimants have not established any legal right to issue a claim or proven that any debt exists. It is the Defendant’s position that the Claimant’s claim is entirely spurious and without merit and should be struck out for the aforementioned reasons.

Check that over Gary and edit if required.

Regards

Andy

Thanks Andy I'll have a read, You are a star.

Do I include the original of the letter from Morgan?

On my defence sheet do I just put the claim number and my details at the top and just sign at the bottom, or is there a some wording at the bottom.

Thank you very much

Gary

In The XXXXXXX County Court Case Number xxxxxxxxx

Claimant XXXXXXXX

V

Defendant XXXXXXX

Statement of Truth

Signed

Dated

No need to include the Exhibit for now.

Regards

Andy

Recorded delivery at the very least Gary.Hope it does the job for you:wink:

Regards

Andy

• 4 weeks later...