Injury following fall

t123b
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a fall in a supermarket around 2 weeks ago, this was due to slipping on a gel filled absorbent strip used to absorb spills.

The strip are used to absorb small spills but this had been used to direct water out of the store following a burst pipe.

The strip was across the doorway of the store and was being used to direct water out of the store in to the street.

When I slipped the arm I was carrying shopping in felt jarred, but because of my embarrassment I went home. I then called the store to complain when I got home.

I went to the doctors who told me I could have damaged my rotary cuff and to give it gentle exercise and to see a chiropractor if it continued.

I followed this advice and as it had not cleared up I have been to see the chiropractor today.

I have just returned from a chiropractor who has advised me that I have jarred my rib and require approx 4 session on it to put it right.

This will cost me with today's appointment £150 in total, which through no fault of my own I will be out of pocket for.

What should I do to recover this money from the supermarket?

Contact and instruct a personal injury solicitor, on a no-win no-fee basis. They will seek to recover damages, including out of pocket expenses and loss of income.

Firms such as Fentons; Russell Jones & Walker and Pattinson Brewer all offer no-win no-fee services for personal injury.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

SV

If I've been helpful, please add to my rep. :)

I agree with sefton. above. I don't want to alarm you but my mother in law had rotary cuff problems too and had loads of problems. It can lead to serious problems if not sorted. A PI solicitor is a must. keep all receipts for the expenses you have travel costs / petrol, help from people including your family as in a PI claim care is claimable.

The supermarket will refer the complaint to their insurers. They could be liable for the injury and losses eg wages private operation etc.

and next time watch where you tread!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the quick advice, wasn't sure of what to do and didn't know if instructing a personal injury solicitor was the right route to go down.

Will have a look in to it all tomorrow.