1st Credit demands more money then i can afford

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya, i did recieve something through the post with the complaint response, which they claim is their notice of assignment. It is on 1st credit letter headed paper, the date on it is 31/08/2006 and it basically says that they give me notice that Lloyds tsb has assigned 1st credit ltd all of the banks rights in to and under the above detailed account. Thay say they have been appointed by Lloyds tsb to administor the account. It says the full outstanding amount is owed to 1st credit. I should contact the office immediatly blah blah blah.

However in August 2006, Connaught was the DCA (i know they are the same vultures). And in August 2006, Connaught knew of my current addreess, so why is my old, old address on this stupid excuse of a 'document'??? They know full well that i didn't live there at the time, or they would have done if they were the true owners of the debt. If they were going to send a NOA back in 2006, then wouldn't they send it to the address i was living at?? In other words, do you think that this is a genuine NOA?? (i don't really know what one looks like). I think they are taking the micky.

Also, i certainly will be reporting these low lives to anyone and everyone i can think of, including OFT, TS, CSA. If not just for me, for everyone else that has been bullied by these muppets.

Still no SAR from Lloyds, that may take time.

Edited by weston83

You need an NOA from LTSB on LTSB letterhead - and legally (Law of Property Act 1925) it should be sent registered post, although recorded delivery is now regarded as acceptable. Again you need to tell 1st crud to "prove it". Any DCA (or indeed any fraudster - same thing?) - could knock this sort of thing up and demand you pay them now instead of the OC. If the OC hasn't confirmed this you would be taking a risk paying any third party.

IMHO it has NO legal standing whatsover - and since it was clearly sent to a long outdated address it wasn't even "served". If you want to rattle their cage a bit more then ask them to prove it was sent registered post (as required) and show proof of who signed for it. Don't highlight it was sent to an out of date address. You may even get something back with your own signature - which WOULD be interesting!

You need to SAR LTSB and see what that throws up - send Account in Dispute letter to 1st Crud.

BD

Bigdebtor, u are fantastic, I thought it looked a bit dodgy when i read it. I will most certainly send an account in dispute letter, i'll have a look for a template on this site, as my writing skills are awful. I have send an SAR to Lloyds, will push it with them for a response if i don't hear from them.

I will certainly not be giving these clowns anymore money until i have cast iron proof of the debt, i can't believe that they tried to pull the wool over my eyes. Fraudsters!!!!!

Well we'll see what they come up with now.

Thanks again for that advice

You're welcome. I'm pretty sure there is a template- but let me know if there isn't and you want a copy of one I've done (but I think I did it from a template from CAG).

Google 1st Credit and you'll find out about how the OFT views them! They seem to be the OFT No. 1 target for not playing fair.

Good luck

BD

I am not surprised the OFT is on to them, i watched the Panorama documentary and was sickened at the way these agents treated the debtors. I have done loads of research on 1st credit and they're website makes them look like a nicey, nicey bunch of samaritans who 'only wants to help the debtor' and who sympathises with the debtor, i had to laugh. because when i googled them, i did not find one posative comment on the muppets, i read about how the OFT are closely monitoring them, i hope they get theie lisence taken straight off them!!

I can't seem to fand a template specifically for disputes, do you mind if i use your template? To be honest with you i don't think 1st credit have got hald the paper work they need in order to take me to court, they are useless lol

You should look closely at any default notices, termination notices issued by LTSB.

I have seen some on here where the amount to rectify the situation is not given properly by LTSB (ie £xxx + interest up to the date paid in). I am sure that makes the default invalid & everything following rather dodgy. They might even decide that they don't need to send any copies of DNs etc - maybe for that reason.

That might make the sale of the alleged debt rather interesting ...

We need to see what the SAR to LTSB throws up.

Dodgy DN's don't seem to be as helpful to the debtor as they once were - according to some recent posts on Pinky 69's "Invalid DN thread".

In the meantime 1st crud should be given enough rope to hang themselves by monitoring how they behave after getting an "Account in Dispute" letter.

BD

I agree - but they still don't have the sense to read and understand what we say and use our superior knowledge to put right their dodgy ways. As long as we don't mention specifics about any particular cases I think such general comments can be made quite safely.

After all, the Banks have known for 34 years what SHOULD go into a compliant DN - it's public domain information - but they STILL get it wrong - and I place 1st crud a long way further back in evolution than the Banks!

I do hope they read this!

BD

Thanks 2grumpy, babybear and BD, thanks BD for the template letter. I shall be writing the muppets a letter tommorrow when i have the day off, it shall be very intresting to see their response. I will also push the OC to respond to my SAR request. I shall get to the bottom of this. Oh and BD, how to i click on your star. Sorry i am so incompetent on this site lol. Computers and me do nopt really mix.

ps...if they do trawl this forum, then they probably won't have the intelligence to understand half of what is said. I will be on to them big time. Thanks again peeps, hopefully this experience i'm having will work out ok in order for me to pass on the knowledge and help other people on this site, i've learned a hell of a lot.